I want this.

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Lavabug
Metal God

I want this.

Post by Lavabug »

[youtube]W7ycDOkKbdw[/youtube]

[youtube]E7zwW1B5OLY[/youtube]

[youtube]PxC0NLaJrGI[/youtube]

Insaaaaaane tube preamp/FX processor. :jizz: Cheaper than the new rack Pods but sound way better imo. Too bad they don't make them anymore. I think I might just have to hunt one down when I manage to sell my amp/setup.
Lavabug
Metal God

Re: I want this.

Post by Lavabug »

[youtube]6GheQeR_3j4[/youtube]
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

a fellating lover of mine has that digitech thingy, it rocks :mmm:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

I have two of a earlier model the GSP 2101.

The one you mention occasionally pops up second hand. You might keep an eye out on ebay germany.

There was one here on a auction site which did not sell for over a year...

Very nice units.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="uni777"]I have two of a earlier model the GSP 2101.

The one you mention occasionally pops up second hand. You might keep an eye out on ebay germany.

There was one here on a auction site which did not sell for over a year...

Very nice units.[/quote]

Yeah I've already got a few searches saved on ebay(all of Europe) so I'll be informed whenever one pops up. :redneck: I read somewhere that matt from Decrepit birth used that one(2101). I know the 2112 and 2120 are the exact same save for the faceplate and older firmware(on the 2112), but does the 2101 also sound the same or does it have less features?

Those synth like sounds with the volume pedal + delay/verb and harmonizer are just friggin' amazing, and so are the metal tones. :drool:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

They are the same unit basicly. Main difference is de addition of a second s-disc processor in the later models which give you the ability to morph from one sound to the other. However this does not work when the effects you use need both processors. Then there is a micro gap when switching.

A lot of people complained when they went from 2101 to 2112 about les delay time. As it was a unit a lot of players used for long loops.

Other than that they are awesome. You can create your own algorythms, if needed. But there are so many within the unit from which you can create your own programs. I'll only consider buyins something else, if it breaks down.
Charles Bronson
God of Emptiness

Post by Charles Bronson »

That digitech sounds amazing. :mmm:
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

[quote name="Lavabug"][youtube]6GheQeR_3j4[/youtube][/quote]

WIth the mids cut so much, does your guitar cut through the live mix in a PA system? I had one of those processors and hated it! The effects were cool, but I could never get a muscular and defined distortion. Once I bought a Bogner Uberschall head, my tone problems ended!
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

I don't think that is his setup, just an example..

Oh btw, I have mine in the effects loop of my amp, only for the effects. I use my head for the basic tone.

I agee completely that the preamp sounds of the unit are not that good.

The unit is bypassed and only goes on when effects are requiered.

And you are so right about mids... That is what makes you stand out in a mix.

*Edit* just listen to that clip. man, me not like.... Sounds like he is using the Grunge type distortion.

Yuk. Just as Shredlord said. No mids only lows and highs with no real punch.

Sound good on your own but you get totally lost in the mix this way.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="uni777"]I don't think that is his setup, just an example..

Oh btw, I have mine in the effects loop of my amp, only for the effects. I use my head for the basic tone.

I agee completely that the preamp sounds of the unit are not that good.

The unit is bypassed and only goes on when effects are requiered.

And you are so right about mids... That is what makes you stand out in a mix.

*Edit* just listen to that clip. man, me not like.... Sounds like he is using the Grunge type distortion.

Yuk. Just as Shredlord said. No mids only lows and highs with no real punch.

Sound good on your own but you get totally lost in the mix this way.[/quote]

Yeah I don't like scooped mids either. But I've heard some clips of this pre's distortion before on some other forum and I was really impressed, didn't sound scooped at all.
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

I too used it in my effects loop just as an effects unit, then I sold it to buy a TC Electronic G-Major. I did get a fairly decent tone out of the 2120 when I used it with a monstrous VHT power amp (150 watts per channel--the thing weighed a frickin' ton!), but there's a "squawky " tone in the voicing that just never appealed to me.
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I think Trey is using a TC Electronic G-Major.

How is it?
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Uros

Post by Uros »

*eventide harmonizer
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

[quote name="zim"]I think Trey is using a TC Electronic G-Major.

How is it?[/quote]

I loved the sound of mine--very natural sounding delays. The build quality left something to be desired--they used pretty cheap pot metal for the chassis, and the rack ears tended to snap easily, and the concentric effect control knobs easily loosened and fell off. All in all, if you're careful with it, it's a great value. (I quit playing metal several years ago, so I can't give a current opinion!)