New import Jacksons.

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Lavabug
Metal God

New import Jacksons.

Post by Lavabug »

Sweet fuck, had I not already put some money towards an import les paul copy experiment (and didn't have 3 other guitars to play with), I would probably buy one of these cold. I am amazed at the price-point for neck through compound radius guitar with non-shit trems/pickups these days:

The new import soloists seem like the closest thing to my Japanese Charvel model 5 neck through at a non-stupid price.
shadowalk
Metal God

Re: New import Jacksons.

Post by shadowalk »

I almost bought one a few months back. One of those Rhoads models that came stock with EMGs, fixed bridge, and a maple neck with no paint. That guitar was sex.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

The whole XMG series looks like any single one is worthy of professional use straight out of the box without any mods. The choice of finishes aren't great though, wish they had straight white and not metallic or ferrari red on the trem versions. A ferrari red kvxmg or sl3x would give my wallet an erection until I purchased one.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

only $600, almost what i paid for my jackson rr3 which is an incredible guitar imo. these look really interesting
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

if they offered the soloist SLX in a fixed bridge configuration i'd be all over that action, especially the one in white

don't really care for the couple of fixed options they have though :homework:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

There's a new Jackson Les Paul...
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Yeah that is dumb, does it even keep the original LP scale length?

I've never had a boner for LP's, but I like this new budget studio model they have out this year. Goes for 800 new, I see it going for 400-500 on the used market  :shock:

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0 ... wb_all.jpg

A '58 style flying V with a finish and hardware exactly like this would likely be my ideal guitar.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Well it has a 24.75 scale with 22 jumbo frets, unpainted oiled maple neck, and seymour duncan blackout pickups. Not that bad actually, spec-wise.