Selling my amp.

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Lavabug
Metal God

Selling my amp.

Post by Lavabug »

Killer sounds, I just finally went full-midi-retard with a rack rig with a marshall pre, so I don't need this. Best sound I've heard out of an amp head though. Pics and info here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marshall-Lead- ... 3522781957
vO)))id
Metal God

Re: Selling my amp.

Post by vO)))id »

Nice :interessant:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

aaand it sold 20 mins ago. Oh well.

Time to buy a TC G major with a midi footcontroller and complete the rig :xx:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i actually bit the bullet and bought the axe fx 2 xl+ with a frfr monitor - not a single complaint so far. love the sound i'm getting out of it and all of the endless tweaking possibilities. i even built my own midi controller for it :xx:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Any love for the Kemper amps?
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

I'm not an anti-digital snob but I'm not a fan of modeling amps like the kemper, way too overpriced. I still prefer a simple analog SS or tube preamp into a SS poweramp, or just a regular amp, way cheaper and probably more robust. I do have a zoom multistomp that has some amp models that sound good through my cab modeler into a PA. Amazing time/modulation effects on that thing too.

I scored a bunch of rack equipment for cheap, including a Marshall MGP9004 preamp (solid state) and a peavey 2.6C 130Wx2 stereo poweramp. Sounds really good on it's own, perfect clean channel and kinda Rat-like sound gain channel, very easy to get good sounds from it but I'll need some more eq for the gain channel. Not concerned cuz my VHD preamp handles high gain. Flipped all the extra stuff and actually ended up turning a profit from switching my rig out entirely.

With a few pedals, a relay A/B loop switcher to switch preamps, and the TC G Major with it's built in relay switching system to control the switcher and the marshall preamp channels, I'm basically set for any sound I really use and won't need more signal runs on the floor. 2 channels from the marshall and one third ultra fruital slamming channel from the VHD with a tubescreamer, plus all the crazy TC effects/gate/eq . :xx: Plus it should be stupid loud once I rewire my Ampeg cab for 2x8ohm stereo

Still probably not gonna stop trying out cheap pedals though :redneck: but they'll go in a rack tray.