I bought a new (old) amp.

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Lavabug
Metal God

I bought a new (old) amp.

Post by Lavabug »

I didn't really need a new amp cuz I have my ghetto poweramp + gsp1101 + S&K vhd preamp to cover any sound. But I found this amp head for cheap ($300) and had to have it.

Ampeg VL1002 Lee Jackson head. 50lbs. 100W with EL34's, super high gain marshall character and stupid loud, all original tubes from the early 90's that still work. This sat in storage unused for 20 years according to the seller.

Same head was used by Erik for all the solos he did with MA, according to that tour of mana studios he did on the live HE dvd.

I am fucking floored with the sound. I am done buying amps now. This thing is the best amp I've ever played.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zim
Zim(a)

Re: I bought a new (old) amp.

Post by zim »

very cool :xx: maybe hit us up with a jam video sometime :idea:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

bout to rehearse with my buddy's band as I'm learning his material for a gig. Gonna get some of it on film :ba:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

rehearsal was a trainwreck today, but I here's the least objectionable bit. Doesn't do it justice though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa6JQaACXGE
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Cool amp!