FS: Ibanez RG7420 MIJ.

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Lavabug
Metal God

FS: Ibanez RG7420 MIJ.

Post by Lavabug »

In case anyone cares. Set up for A#, this thing plays fast. Neck is thinner than the UV7BK green dot I used to have, I'm just a 6 string dude these days.

https://reverb.com/item/25469552-ibanez ... on-fujigen
shadowalk
Metal God

Re: FS: Ibanez RG7420 MIJ.

Post by shadowalk »

Funny. I thought all the while that UV necks are similar or even thinner than those on other MIJ 7 string RGs. You mean the neck on this is thinner than the UV wizard neck?
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

From what I've read, the original UV7's from the 90's were handmade so the neck thicknesses varied a lot. I had a uv7bk and it was chunkier than this one iirc but I never took a caliper to it or played them side by side. It was a single piece maple neck, whereas this 7420 neck is 3pc with the bubinga or walnut skunk stripe, which would allow the neck to be made thinner than a 1pc while not losing stability.

Stuff from the Fujigen factory circa 2000 onwards like the later UV's, 7620's and 7420's often used the same necks. I think I read that all three had the same neck in the first year of production, but I couldn't confirm it so I didn't mention it on the listing for fear of talking out of my ass.

Maybe I'm just a better player now, but I do remember my uv7bk being considerably harder to play for long periods. But my technique was probably just shit back then so idk.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

you have an incredible knack for listing things i absolutely want to buy at the worst possible time :redneck:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Hitoshura wrote:you have an incredible knack for listing things i absolutely want to buy at the worst possible time :redneck:
:redneck: and zim has a knack for buying all my ibanez stuff, surprised he hasn't jumped on it.

I'd be happy breaking even and let it go for 300 (what I paid for it) + shipping for you if you want it. Really just looking to put some money towards a fret leveling for another guitar, some guitar cases and tubes.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

Lavabug wrote:
Hitoshura wrote:you have an incredible knack for listing things i absolutely want to buy at the worst possible time :redneck:
:redneck: and zim has a knack for buying all my ibanez stuff, surprised he hasn't jumped on it.

I'd be happy breaking even and let it go for 300 (what I paid for it) + shipping for you if you want it. Really just looking to put some money towards a fret leveling for another guitar, some guitar cases and tubes.
i'm heading to the UK for ~2 weeks at the moment, as long as spend too ruinously on this trip i could absolutely take you up on that. won't be back until the 4th though, but i'll check back in to see what's up as soon as i'm back in town :bulb:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Lavabug wrote:

I'd definitely buy it but I've become kind of anti seven string in my own collection. half my guitars are already tuned to b :redneck:

I actually have an rg 570 with the same black pearl finish and it's one of my favorite guitars :xx:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

it's the MIJ factor & neck description that sells it for me, sounds like a 7 string version of my 570 which is all i've ever wanted in an extended-range guitar
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i'm currently obsessed with finding a 1990 jackson warrior professional in either white or black.. that doesn't cost $5000 :oldryan:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Hitoshura wrote:it's the MIJ factor & neck description that sells it for me, sounds like a 7 string version of my 570 which is all i've ever wanted in an extended-range guitar
the neck and frets really are what makes it shine. It's not the most exciting-looking RG, but it feels like it plays itself. It feels thinner and faster than the two indonesian RG350M's I sold zim... which are really nice 6 strings.

Had a buyer back out of the sale last night (after repeated lowball attempts), so it's still available. Wish I hadn't made a bunch of purchases in anticipation. :ra:

Hit me up when you're back. :santa:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Those RG’s indeed have a slightly thinner neck than my UV. They are nice though. :idea:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

yoooo lavabug what's good. i am back and the UK does not accept discover so i actually severely underspent. if you still got this seven string jawn let's set it up :bulb:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Sorry my dude, it sold. :( There are a few up on reverb tho, the vampire kiss finish one looks pretty rad, not much more than what I was asking for mine.