New B.C. Rich,Ibanez,Jackson,Charvel,Dean,ESP/LTD,Gibson,Epiphone,Kramer,EVH,Fender,Paul Reed Smith,Schecter, etc...

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
shadowalk
Metal God

Re: New B.C. Rich,Ibanez,Jackson,Charvel,Dean,ESP/LTD,Gibson,Epiphone,Kramer,EVH,Fender,Paul Reed Smith,Schecter, etc...

Post by shadowalk »

had my eye on these for a while now

M.Bison
Ancient One

Re: New B.C. Rich,Ibanez,Jackson,Charvel,Dean,ESP/LTD,Gibson,Epiphone,Kramer,EVH,Fender,Paul Reed Smith,Schecter, etc...

Post by M.Bison »

Yeah the black metal guitars look great.

If they made a superstrat 7 string with Floyd one i would 100% be on that
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

i think the newer ones have the strandard 3-pc and/or 5-pc maple neck with something else as opposed to the 1-pc quartersawn maple neck of the old models

and i think the genesis series is using super HP wizard necks or something similar to the current prestiges as opposed to the old original wizard neck

other than that they look similar but it looks like these are more for the nostalgia factor rather than the overall playability/performance which the prestige lineup has honed over the years
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Billy Cranston wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 14:56
abalone binding............why? :frown:
all of the new bc rich models seem to have this binding, i fucking hate it
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

it sucks because the new guitars do look really nice but they all have that stupid binding. they even made some ironbirds with it :oldryan:
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

I also agree about the new BC rich guitars. Holy shit they are fugly. Who even wants that shit? Reminds me of gaudy ed Roman shit
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

maybe it's their way of adding that 'diversity and inclusion' trendy thing in their product lineup