I want this(the official GAS thread)

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
vO)))id
Metal God

I want this(the official GAS thread)

Post by vO)))id »

and this one as a custom 7 string

:jizz: :xx:
Mr. P
Ancient One

Re: I want this(the official GAS thread)

Post by Mr. P »

<!-- m -->http://www.thomann.de/fi/bc_rich_nt_jrv.htm<!-- m -->

I know it's not trans red, but they used to have it! Ask for it!!!
:xx:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

thanks I'll check :xx: I really want the red one, and a plain black one as a 7 string, but that would have to be build.

RAN guitars ftw :xx:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Yeah it's nice, I just can't stand that headstock(nor Dean headstocks). Erik is playing one in the HE dvd. :xx:

You should merge this with my other thread. :redneck:
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

[quote name="Void"]thanks I'll check :xx: I really want the red one, and a plain black one as a 7 string, but that would have to be build.

RAN guitars ftw :xx:[/quote]

7 string Ran would cost around 1700 e plus something. I checked that about 2 years ago ;)====
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

ah cool, I sarded to fill in the entire list of specs at RAN.com

a custom bc rich would be even more expensive I think...
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

That would be around 4000 dollars plus shipping and taxes to your country. You should ask from Daemon @ NileChat. He has few of those in his closet.

EDIT: Also Lootnick <!-- m -->http://www.lootnick.com/<!-- m --> Has one 7-string V on their custom shop, but I have no idea of the price for it. Check it out. It's called Predator if I remember right. (Sarding to check it out)
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

ok thanks!

i just really love the jr v style, the widow headstock and how the lower points of the body are shaped.

i dont like the kerry king bodies or a body like the original gibson flying v body.

just checked out the v's on that website, i dont like em... dont really like the way they're shaped and finished.

but they're all custom ofc.

it'll have to be a bc rich or a ran :mmm:
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

How fucking nice is this?!?!?!

<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.com.au/EPIPHONE-LES-PAU ... 28001r1012<!-- m -->
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

im not a fan of les paul models, but this one looks pretty cool
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

i emailed thomann, too bad because they can't get the jr v in trans red :tear:

the onyx black one still rules tho... but it's more expensive than the trans black, although the specs are the same (?).

It only says the onyx v has an original floyd rose, and the trans black a "floyd rose"... :huh:
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

The Trans black should have licensed floyd as a standard. If I remember right it is mentioned in BC Rich homepage. And the ONYX should be solid mahogony...
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

solid mahogany :xx:

that's much better for the tone... what's the trans black one made of?
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

I think it's plywood mahogony or Basswood. Anyway, Eric has one of those trans-blacks. He has changed pick-ups to EMG and Original Floyd Rose it. If I remember right he talks about that guitar on HE DVD?
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

yep he does
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

Just buy the trans black, get a tremsetter on it and swap the pick ups. I think it will do whatever you want it to do ;) Plus that geet cost around 550 a year ago ;)
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

yep... yet I think the onyx is a better look than trans black, but thats my personal taste.
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

GMW made me a badass guitar--a 7-string Warrior with a Warlock headstock!

They also made a 7-string Rhodes Flying V with the same headstock, but I can't find any pics.
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

May I acquire the price? And what bridge is that? It's not FR.
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

I bought it about 7-8 years ago, so I don't recall the exact price. It was around $2000. FR made custom bridges--I'm pretty sure that's what I ordered! Sadly, I never got to play this bad boy on stage...I quit playing metal a few months before it was ready, but I was obligated to complete the deal. I sold it a week or two after I received it....Check out GMW guitars...they do incredible work. <!-- m -->http://www.gmwguitars.com/<!-- m -->
I am the Dragon. And you call me insane. You are privy to a great becoming, but you recognize nothing. To me, you are a slug in the sun. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: Before me, you rightly tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe.
Freehill

Post by Freehill »

[quote name="Shredlord"]GMW made me a badass guitar--a 7-string Warrior with a Warlock headstock!

They also made a 7-string Rhodes Flying V with the same headstock, but I can't find any pics.[/quote]

Nice. I've always liked painted bevels on a Warrior.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Why did you quit playing metal? did you get bored with it or something?

Also, how did that guitar play and how much did you sell it for? It looks awesome. :xx:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

[quote name="zim"]Why did you quit playing metal? did you get bored with it or something?

Also, how did that guitar play and how much did you sell it for? It looks awesome. :xx:[/quote]

Yeah, I got bored. We played technical death metal (Morbid Angel meets Necrophagist), but after a while, it just got old. Classical music was always my first love, so I sold my guitars and rig and focused just on classical guitar, which I still play. I was also worried about my hearing. Even though I wore earplugs, my ears still rang all the time. We played at a ridiculous volume--in fact, we couldn't hear our drummer in the studio (he had a huge Tama kit and hit hard), so we had to mic/trigger him through our PA at practice! A Bogner Uberschall cranked through two Mesa cabs is LOUD!

I sold it as a package with my amp and cabs--I'd say I got $1400 or so for it--it was virtually brand new. It played better than any of my other guitars--the neck fit my hand perfectly and had great action. GMW made me three 7-strings altogether--the Warrior had the best playability and tightest/best defined tone of all of them.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Shredlord"]
[quote name="zim"]Why did you quit playing metal? did you get bored with it or something?

Also, how did that guitar play and how much did you sell it for? It looks awesome. :xx:[/quote]

Yeah, I got bored. We played technical death metal (Morbid Angel meets Necrophagist), but after a while, it just got old. Classical music was always my first love, so I sold my guitars and rig and focused just on classical guitar, which I still play. I was also worried about my hearing. Even though I wore earplugs, my ears still rang all the time. We played at a ridiculous volume--in fact, we couldn't hear our drummer in the studio (he had a huge Tama kit and hit hard), so we had to mic/trigger him through our PA at practice! A Bogner Uberschall cranked through two Mesa cabs is LOUD!

I sold it as a package with my amp and cabs--I'd say I got $1400 or so for it--it was virtually brand new. It played better than any of my other guitars--the neck fit my hand perfectly and had great action. GMW made me three 7-strings altogether--the Warrior had the best playability and tightest/best defined tone of all of them.[/quote]

I would have bought all that off of you in a heart beat. (Morbid Angel meets Necrophagist) is a type of music I'm really focused on, do you have any of your stuff recorded?

How long had you been playing metal for before you got bored with it?
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="Shredlord"]

I sold it as a package with my amp and cabs--I'd say I got $1400 or so for it--it was virtually brand new. It played better than any of my other guitars--the neck fit my hand perfectly and had great action. GMW made me three 7-strings altogether--the Warrior had the best playability and tightest/best defined tone of all of them.[/quote]

I would have bought all that off of you in a heart beat. (Morbid Angel meets Necrophagist) is a type of music I'm really focused on, do you have any of your stuff recorded?

How long had you been playing metal for before you got bored with it?[/quote]

I played it for about 15 years. We made two CDs, both of which are out of print. I have a copy lying around here somewhere...
Uros

Post by Uros »

Did you posted (long time ago) Immortal Rites cover with keyboards? It was awesome.
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

[quote name="Uros"]Did you posted (long time ago) Immortal Rites cover with keyboards? It was awesome.[/quote]

Yes I did...thanks!
Uros

Post by Uros »

Could you post it again?

I don't know anymore where I put it, it was ages ago. :beer:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Faaaack I want this. I do have the money but I'm not allowed to spend it :oldryan:

<!-- m -->http://cgi.ebay.com/BC-RICH-Jr-V-NT-Nec ... 2ea524a32a<!-- m -->

:jizz:
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

You can buy that for 400 euros from Thomann...
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]You can buy that for 400 euros from Thomann...[/quote]

wrong, it's 618 euros at thomann

this one from ebay is about 400 euros :santa:
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

Aaah, it was the ONYX-version. How much would the custom might be?
Shredlord
Ancient One

Post by Shredlord »

[quote name="Uros"]Could you post it again?

I don't know anymore where I put it, it was ages ago. :beer:[/quote]

Check your PM!!!
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

New GAS attack: Digitech gsp1101(newer preamp/processor, not the 2101/2120 I posted about)

Some dude playing ambient stuff:

[youtube]Rv5xFLl9OzE[/youtube]

[youtube]178FCXd4WM[/youtube]

[youtube]ZDbVTPW-MsU[/youtube]

*fap fap fap*. The guys from the 2nd video actually tested it next to several tube pre's, the gsp imo sounds indistinguishable even though it's digital. :krinor:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

It is a nice unit, though Digitech haven't come up with the neccesary software updates they have promised for ages. A lot of users are severely pissed off about it.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="uni777"]It is a nice unit, though Digitech haven't come up with the neccesary software updates they have promised for ages. A lot of users are severely pissed off about it.[/quote]

shhhh. :ra: :redneck: