Your Current Projects

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Re: Your Current Projects

Post by happiness and harmony »

UGH, winning a contest :necro: you might as well be dave grohl
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

:gaylol:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

It just means I'll have to play New England Metal & Hardcore Fest and I'm pretty sure that's one of those 'make the bands buy the tickets' shindigs.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote="Abzu"]
It just means I'll have to play New England Metal & Hardcore Fest and I'm pretty sure that's one of those 'make the bands buy the tickets' shindigs.
[/quote]
yeeep they are

[quote="zim"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TranscendingMusic" data-cid="583459" data-time="1457579174">
<div>
I've been meaning to share this with you all. Check out the description, it will tell you about this composition. There's also
a track (movement) listing.

[/quote]

very cool, bob :xx: could you share any info on the production / performance of this? would love to compose my own music like this one day.

</div>
</blockquote>
thanks zim :hornz:
Sure, I performed all the parts first and foremost. This way there's some semblance of human feel. In fact I work a great deal on that aspect, even after performing it,
I will still using nudges to "imperfect" the MIDI. I'll layer the same instrument as well using two different libraries. Here I used Eastwest holly wood strings as the main
string suite, which is very powerful. I used many loaded articulations so that for example if I wanted to created staccato playing, it would be a mixture i.e. some stac, then a note here
there spiccato and then a variation of even those. Because HW strings has so many articulations and variations of such articulations it expands on the realism. I used Eastwest
quantum leap orchestra for extra layering of strings and as well as my primary woodwinds, brass, and percussion. I even used the click samples for the woodwind instruments lol
ya know, more realism. So since I perform these parts, I used maudio keystation 61es with a Korg nanoKontrol which allows me to really, play these libraries as an instrument. I
think zimmer mentioned this before about how he makes film music. This aspect of playing midi/computers as a new kind of instrument. Having the keyboard and the extra nanokontrol,
I'm able to activate and utilize any and all CC's which control articulations and technique on a particular sample library. Finally for a couple of solo instruments I used embertone and
again, a couple from the quantum leap. Then came mixing time! But I will say, composing correctly, using good layering, and getting the performances right while constructing the music
gives you a huge head start in mixing it down later. Basically, I exported every single instrument as a spot mic source. Then, I mixed down stereo ambient mic sources or "stage" mics
per instrument group. Then also a stereo pair of out riggers per instrument group. This gives you tremendous control although it's so time consuming! Mostly because for example, you have to load and unload different mic banks when it comes down to exporting these tracks out. You don't have all mics on while you are composing right, so you have to turn them on one by one, export then on to the next mic. I have a composition rig and an audio/mixing rig, so I would transport these huge audio files between the 2. But I have a network so the transfer is pretty quick. Both rigs are
based around Sonar Producer. Sonar's MIDI with the channel feature per note no less! is awesome. I think that's everything :huh:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote="TranscendingMusic"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Abzu" data-cid="583515" data-time="1457683853">
<div>
[/quote]
yeeep they are
</div>
</blockquote>

Fuck everything about that business model. My band gets irritated with me sometimes because I refuse to play those types of shows. (We didn't know ahead of time the lead in series was semi like that - optional but still...)
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

aye i usually keep tabs on my FB messages so hit me up there and let me know the deal. we shall work something out :xx:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:fonz:
;,,;
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote="Abzu"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TranscendingMusic" data-cid="583522" data-time="1457703440">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Abzu" data-cid="583515" data-time="1457683853">
<div>
[/quote]
yeeep they are
</div>
</blockquote>

Fuck everything about that business model. My band gets irritated with me sometimes because I refuse to play those types of shows. (We didn't know ahead of time the lead in series was semi like that - optional but still...)

</div>
</blockquote>
ha, I dont blame you for feeling that way. Back in the day with divine rapture, we used to play those metalfests a lot and yea its a racket man. Make the bands pretty much pay to play while
bringing you the customers. It's crazy when you think about it and it exploits the undying passion you have to want to play out with the band in front of as many people as possible. But you make the best of it: take advantage and promote like crazy while at the fest. That's what it comes down to at these fests. Own it some how. We would bring flyers, sell cd's, shirts, etc. We were the first band to play the same fest on the same day twice and the first band to ever play without a drummer lol and it was legendary.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I didn't get to meet up with Stormy because my singer fell off the stage on his head and toppled the monitor off on top of himself :lol:
;,,;
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

dear god :shock: is he ok
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

he clearly said he fell of stage on his head
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

so he's dead
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

He finished the set fine but we had to make sure after that he was okay. The end verdict was no concussion but the size of his ego is directly proportional to how hard I laughed when it happened.

(and I laughed every 5 or 10 minutes the entire drive home as the ememory played through my mind)
;,,;
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

he finished the set? i figured you didn't even play
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Oh we always finish the set. Unless he's unconscious.

Actually, he's never been unconscious for a gig so maybe we would anyway, I don't know. But there have been minor bone breaks, excessive blood loss, and other miscellaneous happenings before. Our policy is to go unless we can't.
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Honestly, I expected the sound hard-on bearer to do a much better job, but he did look awfully pissed off after the fall. Maybe that had something to do with it.

It happens at 2:30 

;,,;
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Holyshit Abzu