Okay mr. P here they are....

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Uni777
Ancient One

Okay mr. P here they are....

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]
[quote name="uni777"]

About the Xiphos; totally forgot to tell you.. :redneck:

Did I tell you I got rid of some guitars last year, and bought some new ones?

My Jackson, charvel and kramer are gone. I've gotten a Gibson V and Explorer. And right after the Melechesh tour I bought a Prestige 7 string with an ultra neck. It is just a stock RG7, but the thing absolutly smokes both my Universes.

I also restored my Star to working order again. A no brand: Warmoth maple/ebony neck reversed hockey head, mahogony ESP body, Ibby LoPro Edge, and a DiMarzio Dual sound with push/pull.

And I build my own Pedal board. That's about it :grin:[/quote]

Pics or it didn't happen! LOL[/quote]

They are kinda bad though...

Haven't got pics of the pedalboard yet.

I'll take some at our rehearsel place soon.

Next to the guitars in the pictures I have a ES clone, a LPdualcut clone and my two basses. A Rickenbacker 4001 and a Ibby EDC 705 ergodyne model.

zim
Zim(a)

Re: Okay mr. P here they are....

Post by zim »

:bows:

:jealous:

:tear:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

That seven string les paul and new explorer are really really nice.
:xx:
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]That seven string les paul and new explorer are really really nice.[/quote]

Thanks. The LP-7 was inspired by the older Joe Perry signature. Minus the pearloid pickguard and thrusrod cover. It has a 25,5 scale as opposed to 24,75. And a huge neck thickness. Takes some time to get used to it. Not really a DeathMetal guitar but for metallica (thrash period) type of music and rock stuff its great. It's a beast which asks for downstrokes hahahaha.

PAF-7 pups, wooden pickup bezels. Normal LP controls, bone nut and Sperzel locking tuners.

Without the Perry signature I think ir would qualify as a Les Paul studio plus since ther are no bindings, but i really like the understated look. From certain angles it is completely black from other angles you see the flames.
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

Is the nect profile aligned like Perrys signature model meaning it is slightly thinner from the 7-9 frets than from 1 or 12?
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]Is the nect profile aligned like Perrys signature model meaning it is slightly thinner from the 7-9 frets than from 1 or 12?[/quote]

Nope. It is a tapered neck but very fat. A real baseball bat.
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

Well, that sounds like a Gibson neck ;) Thicker than your wrist! :rshot:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

how long have you been collecting guitars? do you have a specific favorite?
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="zim"]how long have you been collecting guitars? do you have a specific favorite?[/quote]

I started buying guitars when i was around 17. I just turned 38 a little over a week ago, so that's a pretty long time. When you eventually wind up with instruments with a little more value, it gets easier to trade/buy/sell stuff.

My favorite looks wise is my White universe.

Playing wise either the blue RG7 or my Flying V.

The guitar to which I'm the most emotionally attached to is the black 'n green Universe. in case of an fire that is the one I would go for first. It's the guitar I have the longest out of the lot. I have that one since '93.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I noticed that some of the headstock logos are missing, have you had them painted or removed them?
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Do they make a sixer of the green trim Ibby?
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="zim"]I noticed that some of the headstock logos are missing, have you had them painted or removed them?[/quote]

The star, the Black with white pups 7str., Green Ironbird and both Les Pauls, are customs. Either completely build or from spare parts. The black superstrat is a old 80's soloist clone which was heavily customised (as a lot of my guitars) it had a damaged head . I had it painted black. I compared it to the Charvel I had and this one sounded better. So in one deal i sold my Charvel and Kramer for the White V.
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="abzu"]Do they make a sixer of the green trim Ibby?[/quote]

They made a Jem with basicly the same looks. It had a tree of life inlay. The green UV is the only UV with dots btw, all others have the disapearing pyramids.

Both the UV and the Jem have been out of production for a long time. They have a pretty high collectors value. I recently saw that Jem being sold for 1400 euro's.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

awesome pics :xx:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="uni777"]
[quote name="abzu"]Do they make a sixer of the green trim Ibby?[/quote]

They made a Jem with basicly the same looks. It had a tree of life inlay. The green UV is the only UV with dots btw, all others have the disapearing pyramids.

Both the UV and the Jem have been out of production for a long time. They have a pretty high collectors value. I recently saw that Jem being sold for 1400 euro's.[/quote]

Maybe I should just tweak my RG sixer to look similar
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;