Poor man's jcm900

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Lavabug
Metal God

Poor man's jcm900

Post by Lavabug »

<!-- m -->http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/1990.aspx<!-- m -->

Thought I'd give everyone the heads up. Bugera makes ridiculously low priced copies of tube amps like the 5150, xxx and JSX and now they're doing Marshall clones.

JCM900 :idea:
Uni777
Ancient One

Re: Poor man's jcm900

Post by Uni777 »

mmm if I ever see one in a store i'll try to do an A/B test with my head, and see if there is much difference..

So far i've never seen a Bugera amp in a store around here.
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

Just checked the site. They even have a 1959 plexi clone... amazing.. the ripoff is so overly clear...
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

interesting, never heard of these guys before but i definitely like the idea here. according to their website at least, there's a little music shop just around the corner here that carries them (and quite a few others besides). never seen them in there personally, but i might check into whether they can order 'em or something.
Mr. P
Ancient One

Post by Mr. P »

I have heard almost only positive comments. Only bad comments that I have heard are from 333XL which seems to be some sort of a fuse blower or something.

They really aren't expensive, Thomann in Europe sells them.
:xx:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Bugera = Behringer believe it or not. Obviously they build these in China. There's a hard-on bearer on youtube that has clips of the 6262(5150II/6505+ clone) and he even liked sound of the bugera more. Sound-wise I've heard they're practically identical, but I've also heard they break really easily because some parts can't handle the heat or something(but is a cheap/easy fix or so I've heard). But with the warranty and everything I think they're worth the shot.

I might consider a 6262 combo in the future since they're so damn cheap, maybe by then they'll have sorted out their quality control too.

[youtube]zi_16X-3MVU[/youtube]

[youtube]ydOKuc1_KUQ[/youtube]

says it all really. Fuck, sounds better than the engl Fireball I just sold. :redneck:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

wow, that sounds pretty amazing.

the hard-on bearer in that second video is clearly in love with zakk wylde though :oldryan:
Devy
Metal God

Post by Devy »

Shane Gibson loves him some these amps, so I know what can be done with them. I'll be investigating this. I don't normally get on very well with tube amps but I tried a pristine JCM900 the other day with a 1969 cab and nearly spunked myself to death.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="uni777"]mmm if I ever see one in a store i'll try to do an A/B test with my head, and see if there is much difference..

So far i've never seen a Bugera amp in a store around here.[/quote]

Someone's already done the work for you:

[youtube]eFv-VBRrtlA[/youtube]

[youtube]u9hMeDzIIWA[/youtube]

Sounds awesome.
Uros

Post by Uros »

Hey Lava, this 6262 caught my eye. What's the general consensus on it? I'm reading this Bugera Militia thread, but it has ridiculous number of pages. I have a long way to go.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="Uros"]Hey Lava, this 6262 caught my eye. What's the general consensus on it? I'm reading this Bugera Militia thread, but it has ridiculous number of pages. I have a long way to go.[/quote]

It's basically a 6505+, and well uh, the sound speaks for itself. :redneck: The only problem is some people have gotten defective amps. I emailed thomann asking if shipping the amp back to them in case it was defective was free and it is. :xx:

The 6260 (clone of the regular 6505) is ridiculously cheap, cheaper than a lot of solid state amps. :krinor:
Uros

Post by Uros »

Yeah man, I know it's 6505+ clone, some even say it's better and apparently it has warmer cleans :beer:

I meant what's the deal with reliability issues, are newer series taken care of or nor etc.

After your original posting, I've read a lot about them, heard some clips...it's amazing!

But still, I don't wanna flush my 450/500e down toilet.

But, I am tempted
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

Yo Uros,

Check this link. This hard-on bearer knows his tube amps. Lot of cool info about other stuf too on this site.

<!-- m -->http://www.eurotubes.com/euro-bugera.htm<!-- m -->
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

Been doing some reading. there is a Dutch forum with a couple of people who owned/ used Bugre amps.They are pretty ok, but cheaply made. Hence the reliability is not so good.

Inputs only attatched to the pcb board. Bad plastic pots, and cheap connectors.

The consensus is thet they are good amps for the money, but not road worthy.

A lot of people advise to get a secondhand Peavey/mesa/Engl.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I am a poor man so this is for me.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;