.::David Vincent On New Record::.

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Uros

.::David Vincent On New Record::.

Post by Uros »

Florida death metal icons Morbid Angel are making their first trek to Australia in 14 years in June. I caught up with frontman David Vincent for a quick update on their new studio album, the Aussie shows and his thoughts on the current state of death metal.

Spiritech: Your legions of fans want to know - what is the latest on the new studio album? How far into the process are you at the moment?

David Vincent: We're coming along very well and we're all excited about it. After our visit with you and a few dates elsewhere it's all about the new release!

Spiritech: Great stuff. Have you decided on a title for it yet?

David Vincent: We haven't discussed it but even if we had, the chances of getting me to divulge such Evil secrets would be slim at best.

Spiritech: Fair enough. How does the new material compare to your back catalogue, both stylistically and lyrically?

David Vincent: We have added a new track to the set that has been very well-received. Of course Morbid Angel albums have always been filled with diversity, I wouldn't compare one thing to the next but I will say that no one will be disappointed.

Spiritech: What is the vibe like in the Morbid Angel camp these days - does making brutally heavy music these days excite you as much as it did in your early days?

David Vincent: I'd say the vibe is AWESOME! Frankly, if it weren't then it wouldn't be happening at all.

Spiritech: Indeed. Now, it's been 14 years since Morbid Angel last visited our shores. What are your memories of the two tours you have done Down Under?

David Vincent: I know it's been a long time and that is unfortunate. We all really like Australia - apart from the length of the flight - and would like to not be such strangers. Our desire is that there can be more regular visits in the future.

Spiritech: Glad to hear it. What can fans expect in terms of set list and overall vibe at the Aussie shows?

David Vincent: Fans can expect what they should expect from Morbid Angel. A balls out fruital concert with lots of OLD SCHOOL angst and power!

Spiritech: What are the band's touring plans for the remainder of 2009?

David Vincent: As I said, after a week with you and another week in South America there is nothing planned aside from completing the new album.

Spiritech: Looking back over your career, what is your personal favourite Morbid Angel album and song?

David Vincent: That's really hard to say as they're all so different. I'll let the fans answer that one.

Spiritech: A lot of people heavily criticize modern death metal bands for being too focused on technicality and ProTools-perfect production. What is your view on the current state of death metal, both in terms of the bands you started out with and the new breed as well?

David Vincent: I don't have a personal problem with the striving for technical perfection and good production. I really like hearing good songs and if a band has that then the sky is the limit. If you are talking about bands that have a billion notes with everyone overplaying constantly and stepping all over each other for no apparent reason then I probably would have to agree with your premise.

Spiritech: What newer death metal bands have you heard that you've been impressed by?

David Vincent: I have a lot of stuff in my iPod. People pass me stuff every day, a lot of which I don't have names or titles for. There are a lot of great bands and players out there and as a music fan, I'm always looking for something new to enjoy no matter what style it is. No hip-hop please, though.

Spiritech: There have been a number of reunions or reformations in extreme metal, or at least reunions of band's "classic lineups" in the past few years. Did you encounter many cynics in recent years since you returned to the band, or are most fans just excited to have you back?

David Vincent: We just did some shows with Carcass! I was blown away and they are still one of my favorite bands. Cynicism is a mental disorder.

Spiritech: Final question- do you have any last words for PyroMusic.net readers?

David Vincent: We'll see all our extreme Aussie family soon!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

source: http://www.pyromusic.net/index.php?p=in ... urn&id=134

:santa:
FUKKET
Metal God

Re: .::David Vincent On New Record::.

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Uros"]Spiritech: Final question- do you have any last words for PyroMusic.net readers?

David Vincent: We'll see all our extreme Aussie family soon![/quote]

:xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx:

:xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I wish someone would ask him about F-H :ra:
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

[quote name="Uros"]As I said, after a week with you and another week in South America there is nothing planned aside from completing the new album.[/quote]

:xx:
Love of Lava
God of Emptiness

Post by Love of Lava »

[quote name="zim"]I wish someone would ask him about F-H :ra:[/quote]

i talked with vincent and asked him about f-h and he told me that they would

add some f-h songs for future tours bil-ur-sag was not the only one there will

be more even songs from heretic :xx: he was not very pleased when i asked

him ..he was always talking about that he has nothing to do with f-h reoords

but they will play more songs in the future :xx:

hopefully :greenie:
love of lava.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

hmm... I only care about the new album that's hopefully going to kick ass right now.

the F-H songs just sound so much better with Steve Tucker singing them...
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Void"]hmm... I only care about the new album that's hopefully going to kick ass right now.

the F-H songs just sound so much better with Steve Tucker singing them...[/quote]

i miss steve. :tear:
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

:tear:
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

User
Metal God

Post by User »

i imagine vincent singing invocation and i go :oldryan:
more metal
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Luke"]i imagine vincent singing invocation and i go :oldryan:[/quote]

invocation of the continual one? that was sung by Trey :santa:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Void"]
[quote name="Luke"]i imagine vincent singing invocation and i go :oldryan:[/quote]

invocation of the continual one? that was sung by Trey :santa:[/quote]

sounds like a low + high vocal mix, did he do both? if so i did not know that.
beandorkio
God of Emptiness

Post by beandorkio »

I love the old David Vincent interviews where he didn't give a fuck and hated on everyone. He's sounding altogether too well-balanced and happy there.

Wish I was back in Oz for these shows.
[quote name="it the dusto"]Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks[/quote]

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]People is fucking crazy[/quote]
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

[quote name="beandorkio"]I love the old David Vincent interviews where he didn't give a fuck and hated on everyone. He's sounding altogether too well-balanced and happy there.

Wish I was back in Oz for these shows.[/quote]

fall/winter 2009
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

:lol: ryan was right (maybe... if it's not going to be 2010! :pepper: )
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

[quote name="beandorkio"]I love the old David Vincent interviews where he didn't give a fuck and hated on everyone. He's sounding altogether too well-balanced and happy there. [/quote]

:idea:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

[quote name="Void"]

invocation of the continual one? that was sung by Trey :santa:[/quote]

i thought tucker did it live ???
more metal
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

@ Invocation:

Trey did both the vocals on the album, (since Secured Limitations was the first real duet song) but Steve did them live. :santa:

@ album version: I don't think it's some kind of pitch correction on 50% with one vocal line being the low one, and one normal/high one. Here and there the higher vocals sing certain lines or verses a bit different and they end later than the lower vocals. Also in Covenant of Death there's a part with a low and high vocal thing... I guess that's both Steve but I'm not sure. Other songs also have the double vocals going on, like parts in Heaving Earth, Prayer of Hatred, Bil-Ur Sag, etc.
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

[quote name="Void"]ryan was right[/quote]
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

David Vincent: We're coming along very well and we're all excited about it. After our visit with you and a few dates elsewhere it's all about the new release!

Should be this year then..hopefully
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Trey also contributed vocals on Angel of Disease (Covenant version) am I right? It always sounded like it.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="Lavabug"]Trey also contributed vocals on Angel of Disease (Covenant version) am I right? It always sounded like it.[/quote]

Yeah I'm not sure if that's Trey or not... :huh:
beandorkio
God of Emptiness

Post by beandorkio »

nup, that's defintely Dave, just with the 'old-school' effect on his vocals.

Only songs Trey has done vocalwise are Invocation... of FFTTF and Secured Limitations of Gateways
[quote name="it the dusto"]Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks[/quote]

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]People is fucking crazy[/quote]
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Secured Limitations still remains one of the most evilest songs I've ever heard.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="zim"]Secured Limitations still remains one of the most evilest songs I've ever heard.[/quote]

:xx: