Norm Macdonald finally got a video podcast

The place for discussing and linking to pictures and videos on the web. It's a sharing economy.
Paste Human
Metal God

Norm Macdonald finally got a video podcast

Post by Paste Human »

[youtube]E5eIJ5Ev_u4[/youtube]

I originally had a different comment but I'll just say I like it so far :santa:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Re: Norm Macdonald finally got a video podcast

Post by happiness and harmony »

:vodcast:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

i am six minutes in and i have almost no idea what super dave is talking about
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

On the latest one with Larry King I think they finally hit their stride (it'll probably be uploaded tomorrow). I had always sized up LK as an idiot who was only interesting as a result of the people he interviewed, but he came off as pretty sharp. The jokes at the very end are worth watching.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

ill watch these from time to time, as norm macdonald is always saying amusing things
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

I don't remember where he said it, but Norm recently described show business as nothing more than play, and then backed that statement up with a description of the hard labor he did up in Canada for years after dropping out of high school. I've devoted extra respect to him since hearing that statement.
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

The beginning of this has got to be one of the greatest live product endorsements ever, the way they completely fuck it up :lol:

The interview kind of sucked though because the guest clearly didn't want to be there after a certain point.

[youtube]mE0hqUehYS0[/youtube]
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

There's a push on Twitter to get Norm Macdonald to host the Late Late show on CBS. Twitter to me is pretty foreign so I don't have much context, but the fact that there's a movement at all seems pretty funny to me.

<!-- m -->https://twitter.com/search?q=%23latelat ... m&src=hash<!-- m -->

He's hilarious as a guest, but I don't think he would ever work as a host. He even admitted a while back that he had been approached to host various interview programs, but declined because he wasn't in any way interested in the vast majority of the guests that would come on. As it turns out, that's a huge part of what makes him hilarious.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

yeah he would be a terrible host :redneck:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

He's only good - I think he's the best - when he's shitting all over everything. Like his opening when he hosted SNL and in the monologue explained to the crowd how terrible the show was at that point. I heard he was going to walk out and leave them hanging as revenge for getting fired. Instead he stuck around and paid no attention to the show while he followed NHL scores, because he bet on every single game that night :redneck:

But the writers he surrounds himself with are among the best. Frank Sebastiano, Sam Simon (unfortunately he'll be dead soon), Fred Wolf, Steve O'Donnell, Ross Abrash, etc.

Last I heard he's writing a book. I'd read it.
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

[youtube]bHMe1bQol6Q[/youtube]
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

This was classic.  I get the feeling that not many people know about Norm's legacy on Letterman's show, how much Dave thinks of him, and that Norm's only goal in comedy was to get on Dave's show in the first place.  Apparently Norm will be the final standup act on the show.  It gets emotional in the best possible way toward the end.  I don't know why there isn't a picture on the youtube link. 

happiness and harmony
Postwhore

i daresay i have never heard norm break character while onstage or otherwise performing. that was quite a shock. and a delightful one too :beer:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

It's not even that it was entertaining to see him break up.  It was shocking like you said, but it also confirmed my long standing assumptions about his act and interview routine being very true to who he actually is. 

That's what people have always said - that he really is that weird hard-on bearer.  With the gambling, and the health obsessions, and the smoking.  He was never exaggerating when he spoke, nor were the people talking about him.  It just always sounded crazy because he is a true original and there will never be anyone else like him.  I think David Letterman and maybe Conan Obrien are the only two who ever took notice.

Letterman was one of his best outlets and I'm sad that he doesn't have it anymore.