Tucker/Skolnick/Trym/Santolla track?

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
M.Bison
Ancient One

Tucker/Skolnick/Trym/Santolla track?

Post by M.Bison »

From wikipedia:

In 2007, Tucker collaborated with Egyptian artist Nader Sadek. Composing a Death Metal track titled Faithless, the song was played at Sadek's first solo show in an art gallery in New York. The recording also includes Trym (Emperor, Zyklon) on drums, Ralph Santolla and Alex Skolnick on Leads, with Tucker handling all rhythm, bass and vocals.

Anybody heard this? :huh:
Godsdefeat

Re: Tucker/Skolnick/Trym/Santolla track?

Post by Godsdefeat »

Not really. Someone posted a video here a long time ago from Tucker (after he left MA) with him sitting down singing with bees all over him. Not sure if that's the same one
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

no that was during his Morbid period, after the release of formulas for the film Cremaster 2.
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Godsdefeat"]Not really. Someone posted a video here a long time ago from Tucker (after he left MA) with him sitting down singing with bees all over him. Not sure if that's the same one[/quote]

that was I.
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Void"]no that was during his Morbid period, after the release of formulas for the film Cremaster 2.[/quote]

I've got the movie, but can't get myself to watch it

* too experimental, I start sarding *
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote name="Godsdefeat"]Not really. Someone posted a video here a long time ago from Tucker (after he left MA) with him sitting down singing with bees all over him. Not sure if that's the same one[/quote]

that was an odd piece of music and a strange video, but awesome
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

I'd like to see that video; can anyone post a link?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[youtube]gISn5woNVvc[/youtube]
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

here's a better quality one :D

[youtube]EUWFhLn_SIc[/youtube]
Haunty
Metal God

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="M.Bison"]From wikipedia:

In 2007, Tucker collaborated with Egyptian artist Nader Sadek. Composing a Death Metal track titled Faithless, the song was played at Sadek's first solo show in an art gallery in New York. The recording also includes Trym (Emperor, Zyklon) on drums, Ralph Santolla and Alex Skolnick on Leads, with Tucker handling all rhythm, bass and vocals.

Anybody heard this? :huh:[/quote]

I haven't, but I'd definitely like to. Be sure to PM me if you find it.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name="M.Bison"]From wikipedia:

Anybody heard this? :huh:[/quote]

I haven't, but I'd definitely like to. Be sure to PM me if you find it.[/quote]

don't PM, post here! :santa:
Godsdefeat

Post by Godsdefeat »

I googled a bit on that Egyptian artist but couldn't find more than just some info on his and that art gallery

Tucker's Bee song is pretty cool btw
Anomander

Post by Anomander »

here's a video of the show tucker did for nader sadek. but this is the 2nd on march 15, 2009.

<!-- m -->http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne ... ave-darfur<!-- m -->

[vimeo]4751569[/vimeo]
FUKKET
Metal God

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Godsdefeat"]

Tucker's Bee song is pretty cool btw[/quote]

i have this track in mp3 if anyone wants me to upload it.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

CRYPTOPSY, Ex-MORBID ANGEL Members To Join Artist NADER SADEK For 'B'doun O'mr (Ageless)' - Nov. 4, 2009

Egyptian-born/New York-based visual artist Nader Sadek (known for his onstage creations for Mayhem's 2009 tour and SUNNO)))'s recent live events) will bring his latest work, "B'doun O'mr (Ageless)" to the stage of Santo's Party House in New York City on Saturday, November 21 (doors at 7:00 p.m., show at 9:00 p.m.). Joining Sadek for an exclusive 30-minute performance written specifically for the event will be former MORBID ANGEL vocalist/bassist Steve Tucker, CRYPTOPSY's drummer extraordinaire Flo Mounier, and guitarist Mike Lerner from BEHOLD...THE ARCTOPUS.

"B'doun O'mr (Ageless)" is the culmination of Sadek's previous projects, "Faceless" and "B'doun Wag'h", which explored the concepts such as intimidation, fear and prejudice contextualized within the underground death metal lifestyle and strict Middle Eastern society.

Sadek explained the genesis of the project prior to the first installment: "For a while now, I've been interested in exploring what different cultures perceive of as extreme. It grows out of years of walking the crowded streets of downtown Cairo dressed as a full-on death metal fan. Then, in a sort of twisted reversal, I decided to walk the streets of New York's Times Square in the black garb of a fully veiled woman. The intense reactions I got in each case confirmed for me the potential of this project. I hope that by reflecting back to the audience their paranoid fantasies, which totally oversimplify the reality of Middle Eastern and death metal culture, that my work will get them to question their own prejudices and sense of the extreme."

The many questions raised in those first two presentations have forged the path to "B'doun O'mr (Ageless)". "Now, I'm suggesting an amalgamation of two extremes, creating one creature from these two disparate cultures," says Sadek. "But while there are some parallels between those extremes, the project, to me, has now become about how the comparison is impossible. The absurdity of the perception of peripheral cultures has now fused and become one. It is a play on the misperceptions of cultures in the first two projects. Everything has been deconstructed from two and reconstructed as one."

While new creations will be visible at the "B'doun O'mr (Ageless)" performance, elements from the previous two installments will also reappear in their raw, base form and take on new contexts.

For more information on this exclusive performance, visit <!-- m -->http://www.nadersadek.com<!-- m -->.

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

:interessant: :bang: :xx: :bang:
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

the multi-angle shit on that video is fucking annoying
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="zim"]:interessant: :bang: :xx: :bang:[/quote]
cat hallucination
Ancient One

Post by cat hallucination »

wow that is cool. i hope they don't suck.
[quote name="zim"]Treys solo tone actually sounds a bit thin to me on Domination. It's definitely got a wah sound to it, even if he's not moving it with food it sounds like he has it turned on.[/quote]