regenerated death guitar.

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Lavabug
Metal God

regenerated death guitar.

Post by Lavabug »

Really wanted something for different tunings, so I just bought this (but not lefthanded). B-stock for a total of $140 shipped, rondo music has a shit ton of stuff for pretty cheap.

Specs: http://www.rondomusic.com/grendle725bk.html

But my finish is green quilt:

Reverse headstock. :xx:

WIll post pics when I get it.
Uni777
Ancient One

Re: regenerated death guitar.

Post by Uni777 »

I've been eyeing those agiles for ages. Though i hear the customer support overseas is not that good. Hence why i never dared to buy one.
would have liked to try a sevenstring V from them.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

I've heard their US support is great. I've read their return policy is very lax and that Kurt sends people replacement parts if they complain about something being wrong with a guitar (like the nut). Naturally they probably can't afford to pay return shipping for abroad sales if it's for genuine defects very often.

I always wanted that maple fretboard purple quilt 6 string, but they don't have it anymore. Skeet skeet.
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

I've heard some people having faulty necks and stuff and receiving no feedback from customer service.
Small things like nuts ect. would be no prob for me. but not being able to return a faulty instrument would.

Enjoy it man!
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

I can't believe I got the hardshell case for free!

Looks like the nut was replaced. Lots of fret buzz. It looks like the frets are the problem as there's no obvious neck warping. 2 dings on it that are ok with me, but I'm going to get this professionally set up I think. It plays ok, but the frets are tarnished and not smooth. Sounds ok plugged in, but very muddy, probably a combination of the pickups and the low string gauges on it.

In other news I scored a pair of dimarzio. Blazes for 50$!

Also thinking of installing some inlay stickers after the fretwork and cleaning is done:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

How does it sound?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

like a 140 dollar guitar
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Currently plays and sounds like hi, it is interesting, though a capo at the 12 fret convinced me it has the potential of playng much better. Dropped it off yesterday at a reputable luthier for a setup, pickup swap and fret work (so in total I'll have spent $150 in improving it). Should be vastly improved afterwards.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

are you really, really serious about those inlays?
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Maybe.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Frets are done and the neck pocket is getting tightened as it came loose from the factory (there was a Crack that was repaired by the store apparently). All that remains is oiling and reassembly, and the setup.

Can't wait to play it. I would not think this guitar would have been worth it without the setup or the insane deal I got it for. I knew I was getting a b stock item but I think it's turning out to be really nice instrument.

So yeah its safe to say any guitar from rondo is going to need some work out of the box. Just snag b stock items for cheap or check out their semi customs. I would definitely consider the latter in the long run.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

double post
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Got it yesterday, plays and sounds much, much better. The sustain is much better as is the clarity of sound.

Unfortunately the string gauge (59-10) is too light for my playing, I had to raise the action a bit because I pick hard and thus still get some buzz. So I'll switch to 66-11's and get the truss adjusted, dude will do it for free.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

Aaaaand I'm most likely going to put it on ebay within a month. I now remember why I sold my Ibanez Universe years ago. 7-strings just aren't my thing, I find it impossible to dildo toward off the same level of proficiency as on my 6 string. So another 6 string is coming my way this month (mid-range Ibanez RG with a maple fingerboard).

I feel stupid having spent money upgrading and setting this up but I just can't see myself playing it with any regularity. I took my charvel in for a nut change and I'm missing the fuck out of it. Also my guitar tech found the 7th tuner crapped out with the .066 string gauge so he had to restring it backwards, so I'm getting that tuner replaced before I sell it obviously.

Anyone want it?
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

:lol:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Who gives a fuck. It's not like you're going to record any good music anyway with all that equipment you buy.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

I record lots of good music. It's heavy and dark.