Radikult arguably has one of Trey's best solos

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
LiquidSky

Radikult arguably has one of Trey's best solos

Post by LiquidSky »

Now that the announcement of the return of Tucker is confirmed, and David's departure is a sign that the band has acknowledged that the new sound has been *rejected* by fans, let's actually let loose and admit a few points about Illud that we may not have wanted to previously. 
Trey's guitar work in Radikult makes it listenable to... there's no denying this. Therefore I have high hopes for a new album. 
There's no doubt that if you strip away the marilyn manson-esque vocals and tinny drum sounds that there are some good riffs and solos in Illud. 
What are some of the things that stand out for y'all?
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Re: Radikult arguably has one of Trey's best solos

Post by droidspawn »

Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Trey's guitar work has and always will be good. I had the chance to revisit Illud a few days ago. Surprisingly, tracks like 10 More Dead, Too Extreme, Nevermore; basically the tracks that dont have much of an industrial vibe, don't exactly fit well with the sound the band has been known for. As for the tracks like Destructo, Radikult and I Am Morbid. Those little experimentations are way out in left field and it would be nice if they tucked those songs away in a cellar somewhere. Despite the fact that I enjoy two of the three songs.

As for the recording of the new album goes. I fear it will be another run of the mill dm record. The kind that sounds samey except for a riff here or a riff there. I also would like to see them stray from thousand mile an hour, blast beat shit.
Humor ist nichts nichts Normales, also niemand der normal ist, braucht Humor...Humor braucht man nur, um von sowas tief in einem drin abzulenken, so dieses Gefühl von Unausgeglichenheit, diese nagende, kratzende Leere, die man so in sich spürt.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i enjoy the guitars/drums on nevermore but not the vocals at all. when i first heard it i thought it sounded a lot like heretic material which i'm a big fan of
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

ahhh man I remember how excited those live clips of Nevermore made me before hearing the rest of that album.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User
Metal God

Post by User »

It still hurts too much to talk about I seriously
more metal
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:eyes: I feel the pain
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

Too extreme is literally the worst song of all time. It's like the song was made deliberately to be as awful as possible. I like the first minute of Destructos before it turns unusually limber. I usually steer well clear of I am Morbid, Blades for Baal, Radikult and Too Extreme and can tolerate the rest of the album to varying degrees.

Which solo on Radikult are we speaking of ? The first one sounds very much Thor's style while the second one could be either Trey or Thor. Does anyone have any actual evidence of who done what ?
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

oh jeez i had completely forgotten they did that i am morbid song. morbid angel taking cues from manowar :frown:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

vincent would not be out of place in manowar :bulb:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote="LiquidSky"]
Now that the announcement of the return of Tucker is confirmed, and David's departure is a sign that the band has acknowledged that the new sound has been *rejected* by fans, let's actually let loose and admit a few points about Illud that we may not have wanted to previously. 
Trey's guitar work in Radikult makes it listenable to... there's no denying this. Therefore I have high hopes for a new album. 
There's no doubt that if you strip away the marilyn manson-esque vocals and tinny drum sounds that there are some good riffs and solos in Illud. 
What are some of the things that stand out for y'all?
[/quote]

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/im ... 788051.gif
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

you're not wrong, duke silver
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

[quote="Dr. Gonzo"]
Trey's guitar work has and always will be good. I had the chance to revisit Illud a few days ago. Surprisingly, tracks like 10 More Dead, Too Extreme, Nevermore; basically the tracks that dont have much of an industrial vibe, don't exactly fit well with the sound the band has been known for. As for the tracks like Destructo, Radikult and I Am Morbid. Those little experimentations are way out in left field and it would be nice if they tucked those songs away in a cellar somewhere. Despite the fact that I enjoy two of the three songs.

As for the recording of the new album goes. I fear it will be another run of the mill dm record. The kind that sounds samey except for a riff here or a riff there. I also would like to see them stray from thousand mile an hour, blast beat shit.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. I don't ever want to see them release an album like this again, but if the next album returns to classic MA (well... Formulas and Heretic MA) then I'm perfectly happy to at least look for the positives in Illud which would mainly be the guitar work IMO. I'm worried about the next album too. The problem with D Vince is that he obviously had a skewed view of his role as time went on and felt that experimentation was the way to prove himself and be remembered. And in his case, that industrial influence naturally came out in him and he destroyed what MA have always been.   But I'm worried that with Tucker, the opposite may be the case. He may be too generic and conservative. The best MA is Altars to Covenant IMO. And I don't mind Domination, I don't know everyone's so critical of it.  Absolutely loved Formulas guitar work and drumming. But the vocals are....meh. Can't hack the lack of range, lack of dynamic and lack of imagination. I mourn for D Vince in his heyday
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

[quote="Taint Race"]
vincent would not be out of place in manowar :bulb:
[/quote]

:lol: Truth
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

[quote="Phantoon"]

Which solo on Radikult are we speaking of ? The first one sounds very much Thor's style while the second one could be either Trey or Thor. Does anyone have any actual evidence of who done what ?
[/quote]

Yeah that's a really good question. Is the first solo Trey or Thor's?  I assumed Trey's for some reason... I am of course referring to the solo that begins at 3:52 into the song. There's no denying that is music to the ears. 
The sad part is though, I can only imagine D Vince being excited by the prospect of the reaction to the likes of this song and gaining some self-fulfilling sense of achievement for "breaking the boundary" only to discover that there is a pack of die-hard MA fans frothing at the mouth ready to sink their teeth into him for destroying 'their' band.  And the way some MA fans behave (note the comments on the MA facebook page), you'd swear some of them were personally employing the band to produce the music they want to hear..... 
Existo Vulgore is absolutely unforgivable by the way
Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

Yeah 3:52 sounds like Thor's style to me, and the second one might also be his too. If this is the case then I would presume Trey didn't want much involvement with this song. Good on Thor for at least trying to create something tasteful in an otherwise dispicable song  :redneck: 
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

A love of lava Illud style would be nice
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

Or maybe not.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

:redneck:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

[quote="Rufus T. Firefly"]

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/im ... 788051.gif

[/quote]
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

[quote="john paxson's chucks"]
you're not wrong, duke silver
[/quote]
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
User
Metal God

Post by User »

new MABB

:shock: :aah:
more metal
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:suss:
;,,;