FFttF instrumentals?

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

FFttF instrumentals?

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

Disturbance In The Great Slumber
Hymn To A Gas Giant
Ascent Through The Spheres
Hymnos Rituales De Guerra
Trooper

What do you think of 'em? I find them awesome as fuck :xx: especially the organic, slimeful sounds of Trooper, the ethereal feeling on "Ascent" and the thundering drums of war from "Hymnos"

Wide open 'til you see God, then BRAKE!

Kevin Schwantz #34 - Team Suzuki Lucky Strike
User
Metal God

Re: FFttF instrumentals?

Post by User »

they serve their purpose but for me they are just bridges, i rarely listen to the last few cos the album is finished by then ... :redneck:
more metal
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

I hold them in high regard, and I find myself wondering what's their background, what is their source of inspiration? If I had the chance to ask either Pete or Trey about them I would.
One common place between the things I love is that they always leave me a handful of questions regarding their origin.

happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="User" data-cid="604100" data-time="1477273981">
they serve their purpose but for me they are just bridges, i rarely listen to the last few cos the album is finished by then ...</blockquote>
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

Disturbance in the Great Slumber :xx: The others are bunched together towards the end. But Covenant of Death and Invocation of the Continual One have long instrumental bits too. So you get an uptempo first halve with short songs and a dreamy halve to close the album. Much like Electric Ladyland ;)

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote="H4T3M4CH1N3"]
I hold them in high regard, and I find myself wondering what's their background, what is their source of inspiration? If I had the chance to ask either Pete or Trey about them I would.
One common place between the things I love is that they always leave me a handful of questions regarding their origin.
[/quote]

i kind of think you're looking too deep into these tracks. my theory is that it was something fun for them to do (playing with synths and computers) and also an easy way to add a little more ambiance and filler to the album. i doubt there's much meaning behind them other than that.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

[quote="zim"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="H4T3M4CH1N3" data-cid="604101" data-time="1477274109">
<div>
[/quote]

i kind of think you're looking too deep into these tracks. my theory is that it was something fun for them to do (playing with synths and computers) and also an easy way to add a little more ambiance and filler to the album. i doubt there's much meaning behind them other than that.

</div>
</blockquote>

Oh yeah? Should I stop being so obsessive with the things I love and start conforming to what I'm given? Is that what you're saying?

User
Metal God

Post by User »

here, conform to this highlighter

https://assetlibrary.dstewart.com/Image ... _56006.png
more metal
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

That is a quality highlighter right there.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

In Staedtler I trust

zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

[quote="H4T3M4CH1N3"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="zim" data-cid="604140" data-time="1477348913">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="H4T3M4CH1N3" data-cid="604101" data-time="1477274109">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

Oh yeah? Should I stop being so obsessive with the things I love and start conforming to what I'm given? Is that what you're saying?

</div>
</blockquote>

uh, no, you fucking moron. all i'm saying is that there probably isn't some super deep meaning behind these tracks. you are as free as you want to find your own meaning in them and explore the feelings they invoke.
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

[quote="zim"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="H4T3M4CH1N3" data-cid="604143" data-time="1477349787">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="zim" data-cid="604140" data-time="1477348913">
<div>

<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>

uh, no, you fucking moron. all i'm saying is that there probably isn't some super deep meaning behind these tracks. you are as free as you want to find your own meaning in them and explore the feelings they invoke.

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, right. Fuck you.

happiness and harmony
Postwhore

:gaylol:

you're an idiot
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

[quote="john paxson's chucks"]
:gaylol:

you're an idiot
[/quote]

I mean, c'mon. You don't have to be rude with zim or anyone else trying to force-feed wrong opinions on this glorious thread.
BTW, fuck you too :D

happiness and harmony
Postwhore

no one is trying to force feed anything

zim said 'my theory is this, doesn't seem like there is anything more to it' and then you decided to be a sensitive sam and then zim specifically said 'interpret it how you want' at which point you responded like he insulted your mother on the playground during recess

:piss1:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
User
Metal God

Post by User »

morbid angel is awesome

but it is also my opinion that their key/synth instrumentals are less important than their other tracks

also, they are now part of the electro-narrative that led to Illud, so they are tainted a bit in my mind
more metal
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="john paxson's chucks" data-cid="604168" data-time="1477371415">no one is trying to force feed anything

zim said 'my theory is this, doesn't seem like there is anything more to it' and then you decided to be a sensitive sam and then zim specifically said 'interpret it how you want' at which point you responded like he insulted your mother on the playground during recess

:piss1:</blockquote>
Whatever you say.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="User" data-cid="604169" data-time="1477372475">morbid angel is quite well regarded

but it is also my opinion that their key/synth instrumentals are less important than their other tracks

also, they are now part of the electro-narrative that led to Illud, so they are tainted a bit in my mind</blockquote>
The way I see it, Illud is just indulging on the immediate, on PR antics so to speak. F-G-H's key element is Trey's inner self, this "Lava" we all know.

Phantoon
Ancient One

Post by Phantoon »

I thought this thread was going to be about instrumentals of the death metal songs having been released or some shit :shakefist:

but yeah I'm agreeing with others there isn't much to them except for some meaningless inudulgence/album filler. Some are pretty cool though.