I just bought Focusrite 2i2

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Grudge
Metal God

I just bought Focusrite 2i2

Post by Grudge »

Based on the recommendation of people on this board.

My question now is, is a Line 6 Pod 2 still useful? I have not installed the Pro Tools that come with the Focusrite audio interface but I saw that there were distortion amp models in it. Can the focusrite tools give me the same?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... E1ML2L.jpg
shadowalk
Metal God

Re: I just bought Focusrite 2i2

Post by shadowalk »

I know some recording professionals who still swear by the old POD 2.0, and there are even some who still swear by the old XT/X3 PODs over the newer HD PODs so to answer your question, yes. It's still useful.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I will post my impressions of this device and the software as time goes by. You remember we had the discussion about the M-Audio interface, but I went with this one.

Does anyone else have what I bought here by the way?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I have this exact model and like it so far. I use the Amplitube vst for guitar emulation
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

hooking up a pod to that through the analog ins is equivalent of recording a CD/mp3 to an analog format, and then ripping that analog copy to a CD/mp3 again

vst's will render the pod useless with an interface of that high a sampling rate. The POD is 15-20 year old modeling technology, there are better-sounding freeware vst models and cab sims out there.

so no the pod is not useful anymore outside of the convenience of having physical knobs and patches available on the fly, or being able to quickly hook it up to an amp/PA for live use.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Hmm.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

where are your sick jams ironfan