I miss having an Ironbird.

Music is a primeval force guiding its creators to ancient places. Share stories, compare equipment, join bands, get feedback.
Lavabug
Metal God

I miss having an Ironbird.

Post by Lavabug »

So. Fucking. Much. Easily the most comfortable body shape to play standing IMO. 

Selling/trading away my old NJ years ago is something I still regret to this day. The neck on it was really fast, despite the gloss finish. 

I've been scouring ebay and reverb for months for one and I've not found a decent one with a floyd, at least not selling for a sensible price.

I'm considering getting a luthier to build me a body and scavenging for a BCR neck and parts if I don't find one in the coming months. Out of curiosity, anyone have one they're willing to part with?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shadowalk
Metal God

Re: I miss having an Ironbird.

Post by shadowalk »

I remember being really fascinated by the B.C. Rich Beast when I was younger, upon seeing those last few Deicide videos with the Hoffman brothers. Until the day I tried out one and gawd... :oldryan: Nowadays, I'm totally biased on the Ibanez RG body shape/neck profile. :redneck:
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

This just popped up and I'm tempted to grab it and finish it up myself, but I can't get over the glam paint job and the 22 frets:
https://reverb.com/item/3540116-bc-rich-vintage-usa-ironbird-80-s-blue-snake-skin
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

Where do you live nowadays? I've been selling most of mine since i have my sevenstring one.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote="Uni"]
Where do you live nowadays? I've been selling most of mine since i have my sevenstring one.
[/quote]
WV. Which ones you still got? I remember you had that shorter scale blue NJ one.
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote="Lavabug"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Uni" data-cid="607515" data-time="1481016863">
<div>
[/quote]
WV. Which ones you still got? I remember you had that shorter scale blue NJ one.

</div>
</blockquote>
That is one of the few left. Next to that i still have that '85 US-series neckthru, and a old '88 Platinum one.
Used to have nine of them :redneck:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote="Uni"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Lavabug" data-cid="607521" data-time="1481026544">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Uni" data-cid="607515" data-time="1481016863">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>
That is one of the few left. Next to that i still have that '85 US-series neckthru, and a old '88 Platinum one.

</div>
</blockquote>
24 5/8" right? That's less than a les paul, I bet that wouldn't handle BEADF#B well. Is the 85 US that one with the kahler and the R headstock, with a wood veneer? Got pics?

I'm talking to a luthier student in the UK that I made friends with that agreed to build me a neck thru Ironbird for not a lot of money, and I think he's legit.  :shock: Will see where this goes...
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

save up like $5000 and commission one from daemoness!
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

[quote="Lavabug"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Uni" data-cid="607623" data-time="1481094918">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Lavabug" data-cid="607521" data-time="1481026544">
<div>

<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>
24 5/8" right? That's less than a les paul, I bet that wouldn't handle BEADF#B well. Is the 85 US that one with the kahler and the R headstock, with a wood veneer? Got pics?

I'm talking to a luthier student in the UK that I made friends with that agreed to build me a neck thru Ironbird for not a lot of money, and I think he's legit.  :shock: Will see where this goes...

</div>
</blockquote>
They all are 24 5/8. The US-series seemed even a fraction shorter when i measured it. Nice guitar. Thats the only one i'll not get rid of.
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

The Korean made NJ from the 2000's I had was actually 25.5", I believe it was you who showed me a magazine ad of my specific model that also came in trans red and blue. What finish does your platinum have?

For this build, I'm thinking: 7-string mark I shape, neck thru, reverse headstock...

Apparently BCR made least one of these at some point, one of the members of Portal played one allegedly: 

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h156/ ... 120963.jpg

EDIT: Just found that old thread where you posted your axes Uni, that pre-class axe blue NJ was neat.
http://www.mabb.us/index.php?/topic/6705-your-guitar-collection/
All the other pics are down, I forgot what other ironbirds you had
Uni777
Ancient One

Post by Uni777 »

Yes, the newer 2000 NJ's were 25,5 scale. I meant the ones i have left are all shorter. I use to have that blue one i have in black also.

Old platinum:
Black
Red
White

Old silverseries IG 10:
Black

NJ IG 400:
Blue
Black

More recent Platinum like yours in black

BodyArt - Spaceface

US (U) series - Violet

Ironbird Pro - Black with silver bevels
Lavabug
Metal God

Post by Lavabug »

[quote="Uni"]
Yes, the newer 2000 NJ's were 25,5 scale. I meant the ones i have left are all shorter. I use to have that blue one i have in black also.

Old platinum:
Black
Red
White

Old silverseries IG 10:
Black

NJ IG 400:
Blue
Black

More recent Platinum like yours in black

[/quote]

Got a rough idea what you are selling these for? Are they all original hardware or did you upgrade the bridges?