Souls Games

Chat about your non-music hobbies here: from concocting beer and cider to Dark Souls, gardening, Canary Squats and beyond.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Re: Souls Games

Post by jawn galliano »

if you returned to northern undead asylum and fought the stray demon at any point, firesage has more or less the same attack patterns. the main thing to learn is the telegraphs for the explosion moves, you need to back out for those but otherwise you can stay up in his business hacking away relatively freely
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i could easily beat him if i had more than 5 +2 esters to work with :grim:
more metal
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

if you've explored the depths of tomb of the giants, there's a place where you can farm humanity pretty efficiently. there's a spot where little baby skeletons will spawn infinitely and those have a fairly good drop rate, it helps to consume the humanity as you go (up to a max of 10) as that boosts your item discovery
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i beat him as soon as i kindled the fire. got my humanity from three dudes who spawned near the firelink shrine. they were a pushover. now in that lost izalith place, hard to beat the skeleton dinosaur things as my FPS drops on the lava and they're big and hard to stab
more metal
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

finally giving dark souls 1 another try, turns out i am just a huge pussy. this time i rolled a cleric and i'm rocking a +5 mace, rocks so far. just finished off the capra demon and i'm about to fight gaping dragon.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

capra demon is one of the handful of bosses in DS1 that still gives me trouble from time to time, if you don't dispatch the dogs immediately and cleanly that fight can go downhill ridiculously fast :homework:

i haven't picked the game back up in the last couple of weeks so i still need to beat O&S, i've got a couple new games over the last week though which are keeping me distracted
diabolik

Post by diabolik »

Uploaded some invasion action from DS3: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs-Ehr ... 6hHErdqlNg

Scumbag alert 100%
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

ringed city is out

and i can't play it because i started a NG+ cycle and then immediately got distracted by other stuff

access point is in kiln of the first flame or after the final boss encounter in ashes :oldryan::::::::::::::::::
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Hitoshura wrote:and i can't play it because i started a NG+ cycle
:redneck:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

I BEAT IT

70 hours

level 102
more metal
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

:thingy:::::

well done, luke :ba: what's your overall impression after 70 hours then
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Started ds3 last weekend, digging it so far.
diabolik

Post by diabolik »

SOME DS3 PVP AGAIN:

HAR HAR
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

"This video contains content from columbia. It is not available in your country."

praise the algorithm
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i'm currently on dlc content in ds1, i might skip that dragon boss, i unno yet
diabolik

Post by diabolik »

Hitoshura wrote:"This video contains content from columbia. It is not available in your country."

praise the algorithm
What the hell? :D
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

which part
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i beat the cleric beast on my first try, i felt like a baws. when i saw the amount of damage i was doing though i thought i was doomed. that fight was awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3nR_4F1anI
User
Metal God

Post by User »

hey bloodborne isn't on pc yet
more metal
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

nor will it ever be, unless ps4 ever gets emulated in the distant future :eyes:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

my fellating lover who isn't much of a gamer got a switch last year and had asked me what i loved on the system. i mentioned that dark souls was one of my all-time favorites and he bought it on the basis of my praise, i warned him it'd be a very difficult proposition and didn't think he'd get into it but he's balls deep now. ended up buying it when i was in NYC just on the off chance he decided to stick with it so i've been progressing thru the game for the 5th or 6th time now.

he finally got stuck on ornstein & smough, i put a summon sign down for him tonight to help him finally clear the hurdle. even though it's easy peasy for me now, it still gave me such a rush to see him clear it for the first time. i'm so proud of my gaming son :gay:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

is dark souls on switch?
more metal
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

aye, it came out last year :idea:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

But is the board game on switch?
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

it is not :eyes:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I have played each game at least 5 times through since this post
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i really enjoyed dark souls i just wish it had more adventuring and NPCs, or like a town or something. i know it would be against the setting a bit but still
more metal
User
Metal God

Post by User »

this thread inspired me to download dark souls 3 and the new japanese samurai one and play them
more metal
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

does this game require a soul to play
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

User wrote:this thread inspired me to download dark souls 3 and the new japanese samurai one and play them
DS3 is :xx::::::::::::

i bought sekiro at the same time as DS remaster, haven't really played much of it yet though. seems good but very different to souls
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

not really interested in sekiro, theme is cool but doesn't reallly appeal to me

haven't dedicated any time to bloodborne yet either, blood vial farming is a huge turn off
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

zim wrote:blood vial farming
:krinor:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

arborist shrub tarkington wrote:does this game require a soul to play
you could wander around the starter area soulless for quite some time though i think it would get old quite fast
diabolik

Post by diabolik »

zim wrote:not really interested in sekiro, theme is cool but doesn't reallly appeal to me

haven't dedicated any time to bloodborne yet either, blood vial farming is a huge turn off
I thought so too, but soon you have your hands full of them. Held off playing Bloodborne for 3 years until played it through early this year and goddamn what a game. So intense boss fights that they burn your balls off, but also so rewarding when you finally beat them. The fast paced playing style is so satisfying. Give it a shot man!
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

yeah, you really don't need to spend a lot of time farming blood vials. maybe if you get badly stuck on a particular boss but they drop commonly enough that you shouldn't run out as long as you're semi-decent at the game. which you will be if you're well versed in souls. it really is a stunning game front to back, the combat is so fast and fluid it's an absolute joy to experience. really can't recommend it enough, it's mandatory for anyone who enjoys souls and has a PS4 :judge:

i abandoned sekiro not very far in. my fellating lover that i got into souls is almost done with DS2 (his last dark souls entry and he's beaten bloodborne too) and once that happens, we're gonna start new files on sekiro at the same time.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i just got 100% achievements in ds2 the other day, that took some fucking work... then i looked at ds1 and ds3 achievements and felt a sharp pain in my chest.

as weird as this sounds, i'm kind of purposely shelving bloodborne for the next disaster in my life (there's a few on the horizon). dark souls was one of the only things that helped me cope with the last major loss in my life and it was a really awesome, child like gaming experience.

ANYWHO, i really want to play demon's souls which i'm going to pursue soon. also really excited for whatever elden ring might be, viking inspired dark souls?
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i wish i had time to play all these games
more metal
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

don't play games with your soul

it's the only one you've got
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

zim wrote:i just got 100% achievements in ds2 the other day, that took some fucking work... then i looked at ds1 and ds3 achievements and felt a sharp pain in my chest.

as weird as this sounds, i'm kind of purposely shelving bloodborne for the next disaster in my life (there's a few on the horizon). dark souls was one of the only things that helped me cope with the last major loss in my life and it was a really awesome, child like gaming experience.

ANYWHO, i really want to play demon's souls which i'm going to pursue soon. also really excited for whatever elden ring might be, viking inspired dark souls?
demon's souls was great, i don't know how it will come across after having played all the other souls games beforehand though. it was the original and i played it before any of the others so i loved it, but i'm not sure how well it's aged. i was about to type out how you're gonna miss out on the online stuff since the servers went down a few years back, but it seems someone has set up a private server which can apparently be accessed with any stock PS3 by changing the DNS settings

https://www.thearchstones.com/serverinfo.html

phenomenal game though, if you've never played it before i highly recommend giving it a go. interested to hear your impressions once you get around to it
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I can't wait to play it, the pc emulation seems to work super well if you have a really high end cpu which I do not. I have a PS3 but I think it needs a fan replacement, I'll take care of that some day

also, there are some new rumors of bloodborne coming to PC, it's probably bs but I might nut if it's confirmed
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i wish ds3 played more smoothly on PC, i ran into some tech issues i remember and never got far. also if bloodborne came that would be fucking rad
more metal
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

well, after a week of us progressing through it at the same time, my souls buddy snapped his sekiro disc in half at 2:30 this morning and quit videogames forever :redneck: looks like i'll be going it alone for the rest :eyes:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Hitoshura wrote:well, after a week of us progressing through it at the same time, my souls buddy snapped his sekiro disc in half at 2:30 this morning and quit videogames forever :redneck: looks like i'll be going it alone for the rest :eyes:
:redneck:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

hahaha fucking idiot
more metal
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

demon's souls getting a ground-up remake on PS5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNzutCE5c6A

fucking :thingy::::::::::::::::
diabolik

Post by diabolik »

PS5 hype is STRONG!
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i am excited about a demons souls remake but i think i'm done buying consoles just to play a few games
User
Metal God

Post by User »

want demon souls on PC
more metal
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

that and bloodborne are both credited to sony japan studio, not gonna happen outside of emulation :eyes:
diabolik

Post by diabolik »

I hope they have redone Demons Souls controls/gameplay completely, especially PVP. Otherwise it's just gonna be a bad nostalgia trip like DS1 remaster that everyone forgets about in few months.