The next chinese democracy

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Ninny
Metal God

The next chinese democracy

Post by Ninny »

Where is that new Absu, it was supposed to be 2016 :waa: The excitement is fading :homework:

What have you been looking forward to/waiting for? :santa:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Re: The next chinese democracy

Post by rhino »

i would say tool, but fuck maynard and his pompous self absorbed massive ego :santa'
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

necrophagist haven't released an album in 13 years :oldryan:
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

:shock:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

::santa':
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01RF3FU4jBE
Still waiting, Matthew Moore is now Melissa Moore :bulb: Maybe there was some delay there. She left the band too :eyes:
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

zim wrote:necrophagist haven't released an album in 13 years :oldryan:
They all play in other bands now except for Muhammed. I have no idea what he is up to these days.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i read somewhere that Muhammed was an engineer. if that's true, i assume he is just focusing on his career. i can respect that but i do wish we got that third album.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

Ninny wrote:Where is that new Absu, it was supposed to be 2016 :waa: The excitement is fading :homework:

What have you been looking forward to/waiting for? :santa:
apparently ABSU broke up....

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-ne ... s-split-up

Absu member says “I lost my band when I came out to them”

It's a scary time for transgender Americans, as news has surfaced that the bag of diarrhea inside another, bigger bag of diarrhea administration is working on making life as difficult as possible, by passing a ruling that would define gender "a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth" according to a report from The New York Times. We here at Metal Injection are of the belief that trans rights are human rights. The genre in general was built on being an outlier, welcoming all outsiders into a safe space to have fun and enjoy heavy music.

This recent wave of potential anti-trans legislation prompted Absu guitarist Vis Crom to reveal that she is transgender. Melissa Moore came out to friends last year but this is her first public statement, shared on her Facebook page:

“ACHTUNG! Most of you know me from my time as Vis Crom of Absu, even though I probably didn’t look like a Melissa then. I am a transgender woman. If you live in the USA I ask all true heavy metal brothers and sisters to NOT VOTE FOR REPUBLICAN SCUM on Nov 6. They are initiating a literal inquisition against trans people. I hate politics and never post but this is real and desperate. This is not politics, this is an attempt to exterminate. Word on the street is trans aggressively are being viciously attacked physically and denied documents (like passport renewals) to even flee this dystopia. I intend be a knife to the throat of these evangelical scum, but I can’t fight alone.

“Thank you for your time. We are all on the same team. Sex, Drinks and Metal for life!!! 666”

In the comment section of the story, there was a question as to why the band broke up, and while Melissa initially claims "basically the most fucked up transphobia from my bandmates is what happened," she concedes it wasn't only because she is trans writing:

“It’s a long story and today is a busy day, but basically the most fucked up transphobia from my bandmates is what happened. The band is broken up and I am still at a loss on how to handle it. It [isn’t] ONLY because I am trans. RSG [Rumpelstiltskin Grinder] doesn’t play often but we are still tight!”

Melissa is now playing with a Philly band named Sonja.

We tried reaching out to Absu vocalist Proscriptor for comment on Facebook Messenger, but he avoided answering any questions seriously, and responded in character. When asked directly if there would be any Absu shows in the future, Proscriptor responded by saying "This evening will showcase a grandiose exhibit of Mythological Occult Metal – as usual – en nouz ad Allaxitonia." Okay.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Metal fans and musicians are so open minded... :necro:
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

To each their own.

As far as my opinion on transgenders. I support it. I have a lot of friends that are transgender and they are good people but that never stops me from teasing them. Honestly, it's in good fun. As far as proscriptors stance on the subject, it's his band. If he feels transgenders put off a bad vibe for his musical expressions he has that right. He has just as much right as a man wanting to become a woman. This country, as a whole needs to get back into the habit of agreeing to disagree which was the foundation of the everything civil.

Edit: rumplestiltskin grinder is the shit if you ain't heard them.