Road rage, how do you react?

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Grudge
Metal God

Road rage, how do you react?

Post by Grudge »

Today I was getting off a highway exit. I did everything right, indicator on, dropped speed to 50 something. Some asshole began tailgating me and honking a lot. I didn't care to move my car because he could have switched lanes to overtake me. Which he did, but he sped up and brought his car parallel to mine I guess to stare me down or cuss me out. Anyway I had my eyes on the road but did make the effort to flip him off. He then sped up and got right in front of me purposefully so I had to slow my speed.

Anyway, that backfired because there was a traffic jam up ahead and we both brought our cars to a stop. Only now I began honking from behind to get back at him. Of course that pissed him off so he got out of his car and started cussing and flipping me off. I was doing the same, though I didn't get out of the car. He flicked his cigarette at my windshield, got back in and drove off.

What is the point of roadrage and bravado if all you're going to do is get back in your car. I feel like there should have been a street fight to settle the problem. What do you think?
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Re: Road rage, how do you react?

Post by Olden Polynice »

The Ultimate wrote:
I feel like there should have been a street fight to settle the problem. What do you think?
Why didn't you get out of the car and bash his head in on the highway?

I honestly think road rage is a clear sign we are doomed as a species though, it's very childish. I've never experienced any altercations but have gotten frustrated about pretty minor things in hind sight (people not indicating ect). Abit of courtesy goes along way on the road, fuck cyclists however.
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

The one and only time I think I was part of a road rage incident was when this one hard-on bearer would not let me merge off the highway to the exit. A fellating lover was in the car and our reaction was intense laughter because there was absolutely no reason for him to have done that. The slowing down and speeding up in unison must have appeared choreographed to an onlooker.

On a somewhat related note I make a point to honk and eventually stare down assholes who remain parked when the light turns green because they're dicking around on their phone.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i don't think i've ever been involved in a road rage incident :huh:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Hitoshura wrote:i don't think i've ever been involved in a road rage incident :huh:
this

also i think it's best not to retaliate (in most cases), there are some real psychos out there. let them do whatever stupid thing it is they are doing and drive the fuck away.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

Paste Human wrote: On a somewhat related note I make a point to honk and eventually stare down assholes who remain parked when the light turns green because they're dicking around on their phone.
I feel like I do this almost daily. it's to the point where the drunks are more aware than the idiots texting. :frown:
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJFxt9cL9GU
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Sometime last year, I almost stabbed a splendid mate of mine.

I may have already told this story. Big pickup truck being a douchebag, flipped him off, he tried to make me go off the road and shit. Eventually pulled in front of me and blocked the road and got out yelling. I had my knife open ready for him to even try to reach in the car. Fuck getting out for a fight. I don't have time for that shit. But as he got ot my gay man's telescope, some sexy leopard elevator ran from behind my car (another car stopped behind me) and slammed into the hard-on bearer telling him to get the fuck back in his truck. Guess she knew him. He was clearly drunk.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Abzu wrote:Image
I forgot about this crazy fuck
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Nick wrote:
Abzu wrote:Image
I forgot about this crazy fuck
You never ever ever open the door lol
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Or the gay man's telescope
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

open nothing but the fucking throttle.
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Hitoshura wrote:i don't think i've ever been involved in a road rage incident :huh:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

i have gotten plenty mad at people while driving in my car before but never done anything about it because that would be stupid and also getting mad at people for doing stupid things is stupid

occasionally when someone tailgates me for awhile without obvious cause (and not in the leftmost lane) i will slow down to a few miles below the speed limit

i'm such a DICK
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I once got tailgated in the middle of the night for about 30 miles. I slowed down to about 20 in a 50 zone for 15 miles of that. Went through 5 passing zones with no oncoming traffic. Got to a town and he drove off another way. It was a cop from the town he diverged off in. I was like wtf

I posted on their Facebook page "Sucks to drive 15mph from Middlebury to Brandon, doesn't it. Don't tailgate." :redneck:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i am not an angry person but i have certainly met my share of irresponsible cunts on the roads who deserve to die by dismemberment before they kill someone, goddamn drunk stressed shitty drivers
more metal
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Abzu wrote:I once got tailgated in the middle of the night for about 30 miles. I slowed down to about 20 in a 50 zone for 15 miles of that. Went through 5 passing zones with no oncoming traffic. Got to a town and he drove off another way. It was a cop from the town he diverged off in. I was like wtf

I posted on their Facebook page "Sucks to drive 15mph from Middlebury to Brandon, doesn't it. Don't tailgate." :redneck:
:gaylol:

so did you recognize him or did you look up his patrol car or what
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Where he turned off, the road forked so I saw the side of his cruiser after he diverged.

I pm'ed my cousin (married to an officer in that department) the next day to make sure it wasn't her husband I fucked with :redneck:
It wasn't, but she said there was an officer doing transport from Middlebury to Brandon that night lol I was like "is he getting paid by the hour?"
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Can you shoot someone if they are aggressive and threatening?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i think texas has the 'stand your ground' law so basically yes
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I am not sure if you can legally in Vermont, but there sure is a lot of mountain and forest and coyotes and bear to help clean up.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I've been looking into getting a Glock 19. I most certainly will when the license fee comes down in three months. I'm not looking for trouble but I also don't want to be a pussy about things if I can keep it all legal.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Why not go for something better like an M1911 .45?
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

The Ultimate wrote:I'm not looking for trouble but I also don't want to be a pussy about things if I can keep it all legal.
congratulations; you're american

Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Abzu wrote:Why not go for something better like an M1911 .45?
Better depends on what you want from the gun.

I will concede that the M1911 is a better looking gun. However, after spending considerable time looking at the practical aspects, I determined that the Glock is preferable for the following reasons:

The starting point for me was the calibre. I wanted a calibre that would be cheap and widely available, that was the 9mm. I want it cheap because I want to do target practice without paying too much. And I want a calibre that is internationally considered a standard if I ever took the handgun with me abroad. As far as damage, practically speaking the differences between a 9mm and .45 ACP would reduce if the gun was loaded with hollowpoints. The calibre is so important that I am still agonizing over it when it comes to a semi-automatic rifle, the calibre choice will determine what I get in this case as well.

As far as the gun itself, the Glock 19 is light, durable, easily dismantled, easily cleaned, very reliable, and accurate. I have seen some impressive videos of the Glock enduring grueling stress tests. Not to mention, it is around the $500 price tag. The other thing the gun has going for it is the endorsement of law enforcement agencies around the world. That's a pretty good reference on this gun's resume.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

You shouldn't compare the two firearms' stopping power with different types ammunition. A .45 has more stopping power than a 9mm round for round. The only reason 9mm is the "international standard" is because a couple large nations (US included) were swayed by a less kick sales pitch and others followed. Practice and you can deal with the kick. You will find .45 rounds most anywhere.

Both firearms are light, durable, and easily disassembled for cleaning and reassembled, if you take the time to learn each. Brand is going to be the biggest factor in most of your comparison points. You can find pieces of shit and good tools in either flavor. I grew up around firearms. I was taught how to shoot by a retired US Naval shooting instructor (my step father).

Don't be a cunt about it. Go to a range where both are available to lend and try both out. Make sure you're trying good models of each. Get a feel for both. Consider stopping power more than price of ammunition.

Edit: I could be less snarky sometimes.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

It wouldn't hurt to get Tam's opinion on it either. He may come at it from a different angle than me and offer different insights.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Abzu wrote:Why not go for something better like an M1911 .45?
this is what i have :idea: death will come swiftly to intruders :ra:

Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

That will lovingly do its job.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Abzu wrote:You shouldn't compare the two firearms' stopping power with different types ammunition. A .45 has more stopping power than a 9mm round for round. The only reason 9mm is the "international standard" is because a couple large nations (US included) were swayed by a less kick sales pitch and others followed. Practice and you can deal with the kick. You will find .45 rounds most anywhere.

Both firearms are light, durable, and easily disassembled for cleaning and reassembled, if you take the time to learn each. Brand is going to be the biggest factor in most of your comparison points. You can find pieces of shit and good tools in either flavor. I grew up around firearms. I was taught how to shoot by a retired US Naval shooting instructor (my step father).

Don't be a foreskin fungus about it. Go to a range where both are available to lend and try both out. Make sure you're trying good models of each. Get a feel for both. Consider stopping power more than price of ammunition.

Edit: I could be less snarky sometimes.
We'll see. This may not be my only gun ever. May get a second pistol for the wife.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

so you can argue self-defense?
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

You done cheating on your wife dusty?
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

yes :huh: that ended years ago, everyone on mabb knows that. i thanked everyone, it was a nice moment :gay:

have you started cheating on yours yet?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i still don't believe imran has a wife
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

maybe by wife he means someone liked him on twitter
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i should add to my last post that i do occasionally get mad at traffic

i sometimes want to start a road rage at this place:
offramp.jpg
you see, on fridays in particular, traffic tends to back up at this offramp. mostly in the right-turn lane, because it routes to a few different and rather populous areas. i happen to live in one of these areas! so that is usually the direction i am exiting the offramp in. so anyway on fridays, you'll have a big line of cars extending up the ramp toward the highway proper, and usually also decent sized line of cars held up at the traffic signal just ahead of the ramp's exit.

but invariably, every fucking week, like clockwork, some stupid fuckhole(s) in pretend luxury cars or giant fuck off pickups bombs down the left turn lane and instead turns right and bypass the line and in the process, prevent people from exiting the correct offramp

i want to smash my car into these drivers and then yell obscenities at them

but for many reasons i don't do that and instead just yell obscenities at them from inside my car
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

There's an intersection around here that people do stupid shit like that. Its 3 lanes at the light, a left hand turn, straight and a right hand turn. The straight lane will take you out to a major highway on ramp so it can get pretty backed up. Fuckheads who don't feel like they need to wait will come screaming up the right hand turn lane because its wide enough at the intersection they can jump in. I always keep pace with them so they can't get in and have to stop before they drive up on the sidewalk and are stuck :gay:
Ninny wrote:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

obviously you havent been to ireland