anyone know anyone who works for amazon?

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

anyone know anyone who works for amazon?

Post by droidspawn »

I was looking at their warehouse jobs, pay is $13.50-$14.00/hour :oldryan:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I was thinking theyd start around 17-18/hour
zim
Zim(a)

Re: anyone know anyone who works for amazon?

Post by zim »

i've heard the warehouse jobs are pretty torturous :oldryan:

however, i do have friends that work phone support and have said good things about it
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

the pay?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i unno
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

the warehouse jobs are fruital and the turnover is pretty extreme as a result. you're basically ruled over by algorithms and every single thing you do is micromanaged and tracked and judged to an insane degree. the benefits are usually minimal or nonexistent since the warehouse jobs are mostly contractor positions. i don't know if that's any different from walmart in practice, but amazon is not a good company to work for.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

jorsh you know how the cashiers at wal-mart have to be able to scan a certain number of items per hour or they get re-trained and then fired if they can't boost their numbers

it's like that, except instead of standing at a register you have to literally run around a warehouse the size of an airplane hangar grabbing items off of shelves and getting them ready for shipping

and from everything i've read amazon treats its employees way worse than wal-mart does. i would not encourage you to seek employment with that company