Something I'd like to address. It probably isn't relevant to your interests

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Something I'd like to address. It probably isn't relevant to your interests

Post by Olden Polynice »

But you'll open the thread anyway..

NBA players have turned into untrustworthy pussies. What is with these giant men pretending they are seriously hurt all the time these days? They are using soccer tactics. Yes the league is trying to crack down on it but it's still happening. Beyond flops the cunts just obviously try to flat out lie to the refs about any old regular foul, which way the ball should go (yes point to one side you fucking moron!) and oh yes..how could I forget the "AND ONE!!!" when there's clearly no foul at all. It all makes them look very foolish. It's embarrassing for the game and fans of bball. I love Lebron but this stuff is utterly fucking retarded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUlbtlKUuik

Actually hilarious but come on..wtf?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9M30ch_OvQ

NBA officiating is terrible. I've watched several games this season where the refs have made the wrong call (or no call in some cases) during the final minute and it has resulted in wins. In most cases they have literally refused to review the plays. I recall one where they did actually review it and still made the wrong call. I immediately questioned if the betting rings of old still persist within their ranks.

The NBA entertainment (mostly) fucking sucks. Holy shit. These djs... What the fuck? The Cleveland Cavs & Warriors songs make me want to turn the shit off. Fuck you dj. The terribly cheesy remixes and blends? Give me a break! Even the people throwing out tshirts annoy the shit out of me sometimes now. It's all waaaayyyyy over hyped and corny. Repetitive as fuck even. The guys on the buckets and drums? I appreciate their efforts but it's not amazing. Even worse when the entertainers or mascots think the crowd are going to go bananas because of some corny thing that just happened or is about to happen. "Everybody make some noise" says the dj as the entertainer(s) (even the dunk teams do this) motion their arms for the audience to get the fuck up, as if they are trying to create a hip-hop concert like atmosphere. The crowd dancing shit is fucking cringe worthy too. Nah man..I don't want to see white kids moving about like their dodging bullets in slow motion. Some of the people CAN dance..which I don't give a fuck about either. I sit their watching it, wondering why I'm watching it. I prefer the lay up contests and other crowd challenges or even kiss cam ect to this bullshit most of the time. "Everybody makes some nooooiiissseee" - No. I will not make noise at your command, you fucking retard. It's a basketball game. I want to watch basketball god damnit. Fuck you. Start chanting "DEFENSE!" instead, I might consider joining in. There was a good half time thing today, some fairly talented lady doing circus type shit, which was rare.

I understand they are trying hard to entertain everyone but it's so repetitive and over the top. I'm watching the game in the background and the dj just almost made me Bruce Lee the shit out of the monitor.

The NBA All Star Game is fucking terrible. It's worse than an average NBA game because the players are too lazy to defend each other. I could care less about their dunking skills, the dunk competition was on the previous day. A game of highlights becomes boring fast. If they actually put in effort on the defensive end these games would be majestic.

There's four minutes left and it's a one point game, better fuck off then. Also, I'm ignoring Verbal's smart arse reply.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Re: Something I'd like to address. It probably isn't relevant to your interests

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

jorsh and dusty both like basketball but that's probably it.

I don't know about flopping and all that in the nba but in football if an offensive player gets touched they are looking for a flag from the refs.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

sounds like a shitty situation that some american with a gun should do something about
more metal
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i like watching my college team play ball but i hardly understand the rules, i'd watch nba games but i don't even know where to start.

nearly every game i see shit i don't understand. like someone on our team will flat out knock someone over on the opposing team (and it doesn't look like an accident) but somehow the other team gets fouled?

oh and last week i saw a 5 second throw-in violation for the first time, it actually cost us the fucking game. we were up by 2 with about 25 seconds left on the clock, all we had to do was throw the ball in and hold the fucking thing but that throw-in violation caused it to go to the other team who ended up scoring twice.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

lebron is the king bitch. fuck him. i havent watched an nba game in 2+ years
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

no sport will be as bad as soccer for this
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

zim wrote:i like watching my college team play ball but i hardly understand the rules, i'd watch nba games but i don't even know where to start.

nearly every game i see shit i don't understand. like someone on our team will flat out knock someone over on the opposing team (and it doesn't look like an accident) but somehow the other team gets fouled?

oh and last week i saw a 5 second throw-in violation for the first time, it actually cost us the fucking game. we were up by 2 with about 25 seconds left on the clock, all we had to do was throw the ball in and hold the fucking thing but that throw-in violation caused it to go to the other team who ended up scoring twice.
I'm pretty sure traveling has been legal for awhile now too
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

Olden Polynice wrote:But you'll open the thread anyway..

NBA players have turned into untrustworthy pussies. What is with these giant men pretending they are seriously hurt all the time these days? They are using soccer tactics. Yes the league is trying to crack down on it but it's still happening. Beyond flops the cunts just obviously try to flat out lie to the refs about any old regular foul, which way the ball should go (yes point to one side you fucking moron!) and oh yes..how could I forget the "AND ONE!!!" when there's clearly no foul at all. It all makes them look very foolish. It's embarrassing for the game and fans of bball. I love Lebron but this stuff is utterly fucking retarded:

NBA officiating is terrible. I've watched several games this season where the refs have made the wrong call (or no call in some cases) during the final minute and it has resulted in wins. In most cases they have literally refused to review the plays. I recall one where they did actually review it and still made the wrong call. I immediately questioned if the betting rings of old still persist within their ranks.

The NBA entertainment (mostly) fucking sucks. Holy shit. These djs... What the fuck? The Cleveland Cavs & Warriors songs make me want to turn the shit off. Fuck you dj. The terribly cheesy remixes and blends? Give me a break! Even the people throwing out tshirts annoy the shit out of me sometimes now. It's all waaaayyyyy over hyped and corny. Repetitive as fuck even. The guys on the buckets and drums? I appreciate their efforts but it's not amazing. Even worse when the entertainers or mascots think the crowd are going to go bananas because of some corny thing that just happened or is about to happen. "Everybody make some noise" says the dj as the entertainer(s) (even the dunk teams do this) motion their arms for the audience to get the fuck up, as if they are trying to create a hip-hop concert like atmosphere. The crowd dancing shit is fucking cringe worthy too. Nah man..I don't want to see white kids moving about like their dodging bullets in slow motion. Some of the people CAN dance..which I don't give a fuck about either. I sit their watching it, wondering why I'm watching it. I prefer the lay up contests and other crowd challenges or even kiss cam ect to this bullshit most of the time. "Everybody makes some nooooiiissseee" - No. I will not make noise at your command, you fucking retard. It's a basketball game. I want to watch basketball god damnit. Fuck you. Start chanting "DEFENSE!" instead, I might consider joining in. There was a good half time thing today, some fairly talented lady doing circus type shit, which was rare.

I understand they are trying hard to entertain everyone but it's so repetitive and over the top. I'm watching the game in the background and the dj just almost made me Bruce Lee the shit out of the monitor.

The NBA All Star Game is fucking terrible. It's worse than an average NBA game because the players are too lazy to defend each other. I could care less about their dunking skills, the dunk competition was on the previous day. A game of highlights becomes boring fast. If they actually put in effort on the defensive end these games would be majestic.

There's four minutes left and it's a one point game, better fuck off then. Also, I'm ignoring Verbal's smart arse reply.
as both a fan of the nba and the only mabber who read all of this, i am qualified to tell you that yours is an old man take. with the names changed to reflect the period, this could have been written 25 years ago. are you, in fact, 60 years old? :krinor:

and all all-star games are terrible. they aren’t supposed to be real games. the nba all-star game is a showcase for offensive ridiculousness. this has been the case...always. literally always. you don’t have to like that, but you can’t act like it’s some new development that only the youngins are responsible for

:shakefist:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

I read most of it :santa:
Ninny wrote:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

:sicken:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

I used to really enjoy watching the MN Timberwolves when they had Kevin Garnett the first time around. I made an attempt to start watching again since the team is once again competitive, but compared to what I remember the style of play now seems so sloppy that I find it hard to watch. Maybe it used to be just as bad and I didn't care or notice. Anyway, as much as I would like to follow the NBA I probably won't pay much attention beyond elimination or championship game scenarios.
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

To be fair, if you haven't watched the NBA for a long period of time it will take a little while to appreciate this era. There are 7 footers quicker and more athletic than ever (Durant is a freak). Teams are lobbing up well over 20 three point shots per game. It can look abit sloppy at times but it's really no less better than the gloryhole era /early 2000s. I revisited 1995 Houston vs lummo's cowtown finals and had forgotten how quick the game was back then. The game hasn't changed THAT much, just flows a little different.
zim wrote:i like watching my college team play ball but i hardly understand the rules, i'd watch nba games but i don't even know where to start.

Depends on the situation. If the defender is just standing there firm but are within the circle under the ring it's fair game. No call. If they are not within the circle it will most likely be a charging foul. If the defender is moving the foul may be called on him depending on the context of the contact. Not sure if that's what you mean?

Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Reminds me of Sidney Crosby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXuTNHFYLC4
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Motherfuck sidney crosby
Ninny wrote:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Nick wrote:Motherfuck sidney crosby
::::::::::::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

I've barely followed any hockey doings this season :oldryan:
Ninny wrote:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

what about hockey dongs
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

None of them either
Ninny wrote:
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

Olden Polynice wrote:But you'll open the thread anyway..

but please tell us how you really feel.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Nick wrote:I've barely followed any hockey doings this season :oldryan:
Nor I. I just haven't had the will to do so this and last year.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

morbid board eli wrote:what about hockey dongs
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Abzu wrote:
Flyers are almost as bad as the orioles when it comes to getting your hopes up before they crush them medicority

Finished 39-33-10 and still managed to finish 7 points from the playoffs. Landed the 2nd overall in the draft last year but he hasn't done a ton this year yet. Only managed 4 goals and 7 assists so far :oldryan:.
Ninny wrote:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Nick wrote:
Abzu wrote:
Flyers are almost as bad as the orioles when it comes to getting your hopes up before they crush them medicority

Finished 39-33-10 and still managed to finish 7 points from the playoffs. Landed the 2nd overall in the draft last year but he hasn't done a ton this year yet. Only managed 4 goals and 7 assists so far :oldryan:.
ouch
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Aye and of course hischer (the #1 pick in 2017) is killing it for the devils so he looks even worse.

Finally starting to see some of the higher rounds picks from the last handful of drafts making an impact though. I'd love to see carter hart up with the flyers in the 19-20 season and be a franchise goalie.
Ninny wrote: