It's time we outlaw car alarms

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Paste Human
Metal God

It's time we outlaw car alarms

Post by Paste Human »

This fucking car right outside my gay man's telescope has been going off every five to ten minutes all night. It is finally getting towed.

I'm not even sure if new cars come equipped with these stupid things, but I wouldn't be surprised if the alarms on old cars are more of a liability to owners due to the tendency of the electronics of those cars in cold sub-zero weather states to get buggy after a certain point. It happened to mine, and several other people I know.

Plus if all someone wants to do is break into a car and make off with valuables it takes about 10 seconds to pop the hood and disconnect the battery.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Re: It's time we outlaw car alarms

Post by happiness and harmony »

leaf blowers first
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

Thankfully the yards within leaf-blower hearing distance are too small for it to make sense for anyone to even have one. In fact a lot of my neighbors have those old fashioned push mowers where the spinning of the blade is powered by the action of pushing it forward. Some also have electric mowers, which is something I had never seen up until a few years ago.

Shoveling at 5AM is the thing that bothers me the most, with that metal on concrete scraping noise. I understand having to shovel a car out, but the sidewalks don't need to be taken care of before the sun comes up. I think we're given a full 24 hours to get that done before the threat of getting fined is even on the table.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

i have an old-fashioned push mower :gay: i enjoy it muchly but i will have to retire it soon as our yard now is too fucking big and too choked with growth and pine cones for the model to be viable :eyes:

on that note i just today walked by a woman down the street mowing her yard with the quietest mower i have ever heard, i reckon it was even quieter than a push mower. i didn't ask her about it at the time because i was running but i need to go over and inquire :bulb:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Paste Human wrote:Shoveling at 5AM is the thing that bothers me the most, with that metal on concrete scraping noise. I understand having to shovel a car out, but the sidewalks don't need to be taken care of before the sun comes up. I think we're given a full 24 hours to get that done before the threat of getting fined is even on the table.
midwestern promptness at its finest and worst :redneck:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

morbid board eli wrote:i have an old-fashioned push mower :gay: i enjoy it muchly but i will have to retire it soon as our yard now is too fucking big and too choked with growth and pine cones for the model to be viable :eyes:

on that note i just today walked by a woman down the street mowing her yard with the quietest mower i have ever heard, i reckon it was even quieter than a push mower. i didn't ask her about it at the time because i was running but i need to go over and inquire :bulb:
Probably an electric mower :santa:
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

The one electric mower I saw actually had an extension cord running from it, which seems like a huge accident waiting to happen.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

They make them with big lithium batteries and what not now
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

rhino wrote:
morbid board eli wrote:i have an old-fashioned push mower :gay: i enjoy it muchly but i will have to retire it soon as our yard now is too fucking big and too choked with growth and pine cones for the model to be viable :eyes:

Probably an electric mower :santa:
:bulb:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

They didn't actually end up taking the car away. A tow truck came, and I'm guessing the driver had some apparatus to open the car, pop the hood and disconnect the battery. They left a note on the windshield but I didn't care enough to read it.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

I bought a 22 inch Toro mower a while back. it's not the quietest but it devours pine cones.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-Recycl ... /205026227
the next mower will probably be an electric.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

that is a price :oldryan:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

morbid board eli wrote:that is a price :oldryan:
i'd pay it to avoid picking up pinecones

the minutes i would save
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

from your back yard you mean
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

if i had one yes
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

morbid board eli wrote:that is a price :oldryan:
I picked up a Husqvarna all wheel drive mower for about the same price. If you look now you might find some discounts because end of season.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

i have a weed wacker i can use for the time being, the only place with shaggy grass is the front yard and it is small

got to save those blings for more important stuff in this period :suss:
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Beer
Ninny wrote:
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

beer :xx:
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: