Got ganked

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Got ganked

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Some bloke from my town used one of those counterfeit credit card scanners on my card sometime this weekend. Possibly when I got gas at the store close to the interstate. Got the call from my bank today at around 5:30. I was at the gym so I ignored it till I got done working out. Listened to the voice mail and called the agency assigned to monitor my bank account. Apparently they used my number in Georgia to buy wine or tampons at an Augusta Walmart. Got me for 70 bucks. :necro:

Hopefully my bank will refund me for the loss but I ain't hopeful bout it. Till I get the chance to call my bank and request a new card my account is suspended indefinitely.

Just ranting. Thanks for listening.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Re: Got ganked

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

At least they didn't buy groceries in a different country
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Silver linings
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

happened to me last year, i had two charges on my card from a cvs in california for $109 each

got that shit back though :xx:
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Damn, that's twice the amount I got charged. Good to hear you got reimbursed.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

Dr. Gonzo wrote:Some bloke from my town used one of those counterfeit credit card scanners on my card sometime this weekend. Possibly when I got gas at the store close to the interstate. Got the call from my bank today at around 5:30. I was at the gym so I ignored it till I got done working out. Listened to the voice mail and called the agency assigned to monitor my bank account. Apparently they used my number in Georgia to buy wine or tampons at an Augusta Walmart. Got me for 70 bucks. :necro:

Hopefully my bank will refund me for the loss but I ain't hopeful bout it. Till I get the chance to call my bank and request a new card my account is suspended indefinitely.

any card issued by any of the major payment networks have zero fraud liability, you'll get every penny back. file a fraud chargeback, you'll get a provisional credit within a day or two and it'll be finalized within a week or so. most banks should let you do it through your online banking account, failing that you should be able to just call in and have the CSR submit a dispute request for you.

your account isn't suspended at any rate, just the payment card associated with it!
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

shits happened twice on my debit card and once on my credit card

fuck people
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Happened to me as well, I didn't buy no games in California last year. It was over a couple hundred, but I got the money back thankfully. The bank caught on the day it happened, which is quite amazing
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Hitoshura wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:Some bloke from my town used one of those counterfeit credit card scanners on my card sometime this weekend. Possibly when I got gas at the store close to the interstate. Got the call from my bank today at around 5:30. I was at the gym so I ignored it till I got done working out. Listened to the voice mail and called the agency assigned to monitor my bank account. Apparently they used my number in Georgia to buy wine or tampons at an Augusta Walmart. Got me for 70 bucks. :necro:

any card issued by any of the major payment networks have zero fraud liability, you'll get every penny back. file a fraud chargeback, you'll get a provisional credit within a day or two and it'll be finalized within a week or so. most banks should let you do it through your online banking account, failing that you should be able to just call in and have the CSR submit a dispute request for you.

your account isn't suspended at any rate, just the payment card associated with it!
This is exactly what my bank stated when I called this morning. Excellent feedback h-bomb.
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Anyone want to rise up against technology with me this weekend? We can go all clock work orange on some credit card scanners. We will.make sure nothing like this happens to anyone ever.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

I think I posted about it before but this happened to me as well -

someone in Miami used my credit card to withdraw $4000 from some ATMs (two separate charges of $2K at two different ATMs).
once I calmly explained for the 8th time to the person on the phone that I haven't been to Miami in over 6 years they finally froze my account, opened an investigation and removed the charge/withdraw from my card.
I also immediately changed all my bank / credit card passwords and changed all the pins as well.
apparently there is a way to spoof a legitimate credit card and use it - so somehow someone got that info (thanks various internet security breaches...)
had someone done this to my debit card I would have been proper fucked. there aren't as many protections with debit cards which is why I pay for most everything with either my CC or cash.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I wasn’t listening.

I was reading. :redneck:
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I think I posted about it before but this happened to me as well -

someone in Miami used my credit card to withdraw $4000 from some ATMs (two separate charges of $2K at two different ATMs).
once I calmly explained for the 8th time to the person on the phone that I haven't been to Miami in over 6 years they finally froze my account, opened an investigation and removed the charge/withdraw from my card.
I also immediately changed all my bank / credit card passwords and changed all the pins as well.
apparently there is a way to spoof a legitimate credit card and use it - so somehow someone got that info (thanks various internet security breaches...)
had someone done this to my debit card I would have been proper fucked. there aren't as many protections with debit cards which is why I pay for most everything with either my CC or cash.
4k is a fuckton of cash. Having to explain something to people 8 times is pretty lame. You, sir, have more patience than I do. Glad you got your money back.
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

iamgoat wrote:I wasn’t listening.

I was reading. :redneck:
:mmno:

:grim:

:alone:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I think I posted about it before but this happened to me as well -

fraud liability is the same whether it's a debit or credit account. the only difference is if your debit card gets cloned and successfully used, you might have to go cashless for a couple of days while you wait for the dispute credit. the only real risk so to speak is if the fraudulent charges drain your account to the point where you don't have sufficient funds to clear checks or ACH payments during that gay man's telescope, those payments might get returned or cause overdraft fees (which just about any bank will reimburse in that scenario).
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Hitoshura wrote:fraud liability is the same whether it's a debit or credit account. the only difference is if your debit card gets cloned and successfully used, you might have to go cashless for a couple of days while you wait for the dispute credit.
this is what happened to me. my debit card got scammed and i had no way to spend any money while i was waiting on my new card
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

That's exactly what I dont have to do anymore. I finally have full access thanks to me taking action. The bank lady's tits informed me that I could file a vice squad report if I able bodied it. Also, I'm getting reimbursed sometime this weekend.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Dr. Gonzo wrote:The bank lady's tits
what the hell is that a chili cheese fries for because yes
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

zim wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:The bank lady's tits