Got ganked

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
User avatar
Dr. Gonzo
Ancient One
Posts: 4528
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 09:44
Location: between shit and piss

Got ganked

Postby Dr. Gonzo » 11 Oct 2018, 08:47

Some bloke from my town used one of those counterfeit credit card scanners on my card sometime this weekend. Possibly when I got gas at the store close to the interstate. Got the call from my bank today at around 5:30. I was at the gym so I ignored it till I got done working out. Listened to the voice mail and called the agency assigned to monitor my bank account. Apparently they used my number in Georgia to buy wine or tampons at an Augusta Walmart. Got me for 70 bucks. :necro:

Hopefully my bank will refund me for the loss but I ain't hopeful bout it. Till I get the chance to call my bank and request a new card my account is suspended indefinitely.

Just ranting. Thanks for listening.
User avatar
Nick
Postwhore
Posts: 50934
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Got ganked

Postby Nick » 11 Oct 2018, 08:55

At least they didn't buy groceries in a different country
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.


Ninny wrote:But I've never seen a fat sexy leopard elevator naked, what do I do when I'm not aroused?
User avatar
Dr. Gonzo
Ancient One
Posts: 4528
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 09:44
Location: between shit and piss

Re: Got ganked

Postby Dr. Gonzo » 11 Oct 2018, 09:00

Silver linings
User avatar
zim
Postwhore
Posts: 20809
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: US

Re: Got ganked

Postby zim » 11 Oct 2018, 09:06

happened to me last year, i had two charges on my card from a cvs in california for $109 each

got that shit back though :xx:
User avatar
Dr. Gonzo
Ancient One
Posts: 4528
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 09:44
Location: between shit and piss

Re: Got ganked

Postby Dr. Gonzo » 11 Oct 2018, 09:15

Damn, that's twice the amount I got charged. Good to hear you got reimbursed.
User avatar
Hitoshura
Metal God
Posts: 18825
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Got ganked

Postby Hitoshura » 11 Oct 2018, 10:41

Dr. Gonzo wrote:Some bloke from my town used one of those counterfeit credit card scanners on my card sometime this weekend. Possibly when I got gas at the store close to the interstate. Got the call from my bank today at around 5:30. I was at the gym so I ignored it till I got done working out. Listened to the voice mail and called the agency assigned to monitor my bank account. Apparently they used my number in Georgia to buy wine or tampons at an Augusta Walmart. Got me for 70 bucks. :necro:

Hopefully my bank will refund me for the loss but I ain't hopeful bout it. Till I get the chance to call my bank and request a new card my account is suspended indefinitely.

Just ranting. Thanks for listening.


any card issued by any of the major payment networks have zero fraud liability, you'll get every penny back. file a fraud chargeback, you'll get a provisional credit within a day or two and it'll be finalized within a week or so. most banks should let you do it through your online banking account, failing that you should be able to just call in and have the CSR submit a dispute request for you.

your account isn't suspended at any rate, just the payment card associated with it!
User avatar
Josh
Postwhore
Posts: 40190
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: Wouldst thou like the taste of butter and pretty dress? Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Re: Got ganked

Postby Josh » 11 Oct 2018, 11:14

shits happened twice on my debit card and once on my credit card

fuck people
User avatar
rhino
Postwhore
Posts: 42355
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Got ganked

Postby rhino » 11 Oct 2018, 16:17

Happened to me as well, I didn't buy no games in California last year. It was over a couple hundred, but I got the money back thankfully. The bank caught on the day it happened, which is quite amazing
User avatar
Dr. Gonzo
Ancient One
Posts: 4528
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 09:44
Location: between shit and piss

Re: Got ganked

Postby Dr. Gonzo » 11 Oct 2018, 23:01

Hitoshura wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:Some bloke from my town used one of those counterfeit credit card scanners on my card sometime this weekend. Possibly when I got gas at the store close to the interstate. Got the call from my bank today at around 5:30. I was at the gym so I ignored it till I got done working out. Listened to the voice mail and called the agency assigned to monitor my bank account. Apparently they used my number in Georgia to buy wine or tampons at an Augusta Walmart. Got me for 70 bucks. :necro:

Hopefully my bank will refund me for the loss but I ain't hopeful bout it. Till I get the chance to call my bank and request a new card my account is suspended indefinitely.

Just ranting. Thanks for listening.


any card issued by any of the major payment networks have zero fraud liability, you'll get every penny back. file a fraud chargeback, you'll get a provisional credit within a day or two and it'll be finalized within a week or so. most banks should let you do it through your online banking account, failing that you should be able to just call in and have the CSR submit a dispute request for you.

your account isn't suspended at any rate, just the payment card associated with it!


This is exactly what my bank stated when I called this morning. Excellent feedback h-bomb.
User avatar
Dr. Gonzo
Ancient One
Posts: 4528
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 09:44
Location: between shit and piss

Re: Got ganked

Postby Dr. Gonzo » 11 Oct 2018, 23:04

Anyone want to rise up against technology with me this weekend? We can go all clock work orange on some credit card scanners. We will.make sure nothing like this happens to anyone ever.
User avatar
Rufus T. Firefly
Metal God
Posts: 17034
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49

Re: Got ganked

Postby Rufus T. Firefly » 11 Oct 2018, 23:12

I think I posted about it before but this happened to me as well -

someone in Miami used my credit card to withdraw $4000 from some ATMs (two separate charges of $2K at two different ATMs).
once I calmly explained for the 8th time to the person on the phone that I haven't been to Miami in over 6 years they finally froze my account, opened an investigation and removed the charge/withdraw from my card.
I also immediately changed all my bank / credit card passwords and changed all the pins as well.
apparently there is a way to spoof a legitimate credit card and use it - so somehow someone got that info (thanks various internet security breaches...)
had someone done this to my debit card I would have been proper fucked. there aren't as many protections with debit cards which is why I pay for most everything with either my CC or cash.
Image
User avatar
iamgoat
Metal God
Posts: 6118
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Location: a mountain somewhere

Re: Got ganked

Postby iamgoat » 11 Oct 2018, 23:20

I wasn’t listening.



I was reading. :redneck:
:grimb:
User avatar
Dr. Gonzo
Ancient One
Posts: 4528
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 09:44
Location: between shit and piss

Re: Got ganked

Postby Dr. Gonzo » 12 Oct 2018, 01:37

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I think I posted about it before but this happened to me as well -

someone in Miami used my credit card to withdraw $4000 from some ATMs (two separate charges of $2K at two different ATMs).
once I calmly explained for the 8th time to the person on the phone that I haven't been to Miami in over 6 years they finally froze my account, opened an investigation and removed the charge/withdraw from my card.
I also immediately changed all my bank / credit card passwords and changed all the pins as well.
apparently there is a way to spoof a legitimate credit card and use it - so somehow someone got that info (thanks various internet security breaches...)
had someone done this to my debit card I would have been proper fucked. there aren't as many protections with debit cards which is why I pay for most everything with either my CC or cash.


4k is a fuckton of cash. Having to explain something to people 8 times is pretty lame. You, sir, have more patience than I do. Glad you got your money back.
User avatar
Dr. Gonzo
Ancient One
Posts: 4528
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 09:44
Location: between shit and piss

Re: Got ganked

Postby Dr. Gonzo » 12 Oct 2018, 01:37

iamgoat wrote:I wasn’t listening.



I was reading. :redneck:


:mmno:

:grim:

:alone:
User avatar
Hitoshura
Metal God
Posts: 18825
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Got ganked

Postby Hitoshura » 12 Oct 2018, 04:26

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:I think I posted about it before but this happened to me as well -

someone in Miami used my credit card to withdraw $4000 from some ATMs (two separate charges of $2K at two different ATMs).
once I calmly explained for the 8th time to the person on the phone that I haven't been to Miami in over 6 years they finally froze my account, opened an investigation and removed the charge/withdraw from my card.
I also immediately changed all my bank / credit card passwords and changed all the pins as well.
apparently there is a way to spoof a legitimate credit card and use it - so somehow someone got that info (thanks various internet security breaches...)
had someone done this to my debit card I would have been proper fucked. there aren't as many protections with debit cards which is why I pay for most everything with either my CC or cash.


fraud liability is the same whether it's a debit or credit account. the only difference is if your debit card gets cloned and successfully used, you might have to go cashless for a couple of days while you wait for the dispute credit. the only real risk so to speak is if the fraudulent charges drain your account to the point where you don't have sufficient funds to clear checks or ACH payments during that gay man's telescope, those payments might get returned or cause overdraft fees (which just about any bank will reimburse in that scenario).
User avatar
zim
Postwhore
Posts: 20809
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: US

Re: Got ganked

Postby zim » 12 Oct 2018, 05:06

Hitoshura wrote:fraud liability is the same whether it's a debit or credit account. the only difference is if your debit card gets cloned and successfully used, you might have to go cashless for a couple of days while you wait for the dispute credit.


this is what happened to me. my debit card got scammed and i had no way to spend any money while i was waiting on my new card
User avatar
Dr. Gonzo
Ancient One
Posts: 4528
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 09:44
Location: between shit and piss

Re: Got ganked

Postby Dr. Gonzo » 12 Oct 2018, 05:19

That's exactly what I dont have to do anymore. I finally have full access thanks to me taking action. The bank lady's tits informed me that I could file a vice squad report if I able bodied it. Also, I'm getting reimbursed sometime this weekend.
User avatar
zim
Postwhore
Posts: 20809
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: US

Re: Got ganked

Postby zim » 12 Oct 2018, 05:27

Dr. Gonzo wrote:The bank lady's tits


what the hell is that a chili cheese fries for because yes
User avatar
Dr. Gonzo
Ancient One
Posts: 4528
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 09:44
Location: between shit and piss

Re: Got ganked

Postby Dr. Gonzo » 12 Oct 2018, 05:55

zim wrote:
Dr. Gonzo wrote:The bank lady's tits


what the hell is that a chili cheese fries for because yes


The wisest of mammarie's because is.

Return to “Necro's Bar”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests