CANNIBAL CORPSE Guitarist Arrested For Burglary As Ammo Explodes Inside His Burning Tampa Home

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

CANNIBAL CORPSE Guitarist Arrested For Burglary As Ammo Explodes Inside His Burning Tampa Home

Post by Mesarthim »

According to the Tampa, Florida television station WFTS-TV, CANNIBAL CORPSE guitarist Patrick "Pat" O'Brien has been arrested for breaking into a home and then running toward a deputy with a knife.

The 53-year-old musician reportedly went in the Northdale house without permission just before 7:00 p.m. on Monday (December 10) and ignored orders from the two people inside the home to leave. A sheriff's office supervisor says O'Brien pushed a woman down and then went into the backyard.

Deputies responding to the burglary found O'Brien hiding behind a fence near the house, which was less than half a mile from his home. They say O'Brien charged at them with a knife. Deputies then took O'Brien down by using an electronic control device and arrested him.

O'Brien is charged with burglary of an occupied dwelling with assault and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer. He was being held Tuesday without bail, records show.

Just as O'Brien was arrested, a massive fire broke out at his home with exploding ammunition inside. Hillsborough County firefighters were able to get the fire under control after about an hour but struggled due to the ammunition inside exploding due to the flames. Crews remained at the scene throughout the night and kept the road blocked long off after the fire was put out.

Officials say there were military-style flamethrowers inside the home, making the fire much harder to battle for firefighters.

CANNIBAL CORPSE announced Monday that it would be part of the next North American leg of SLAYER's farewell tour.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
shadowalk
Metal God

Re: CANNIBAL CORPSE Guitarist Arrested For Burglary As Ammo Explodes Inside His Burning Tampa Home

Post by shadowalk »

That’s fucked up. Seems there’s more to this story than what has been reported though.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Re: CANNIBAL CORPSE Guitarist Arrested For Burglary As Ammo Explodes Inside His Burning Tampa Home

Post by Mesarthim »

yeah, no mention of meth.
rhino wrote:
Verbal wrote:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

What the hell...
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i am genuinely upset about this, pat is one of my favorite guitarist. I just saw him a few weeks ago, he was even standing around after the show taking pics with fans

i hope more of the story comes out
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Maybe they'll let him finish the tour from behind bars via webcam.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

zim wrote:i am genuinely upset about this, pat is one of my favorite guitarist. I just saw him a few weeks ago, he was even standing around after the show taking pics with fans

i hope more of the story comes out
This. :tear:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/12/ ... d-by-cops/

"Cannibal Corpse guitarist appears in court wearing anti-suicide vest, was tased by cops
A $50,000 bond has been set for Pat O'Brien, who also must undergo a drug test"

A lot of people seem to think drugs were involved. It almost sounds to me like he was trying to commit suicide via being killed by a cop. the anti suicide vest sounds really weird, this is really fucked up and sucks hard :frown:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

that is pretty mental, i look forward to hearing more for sure
more metal
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

...the arrest of Cannibal Corpse guitarist Pat O’Brien this past Monday, December 10th. O’Brien was arrested on charges of burglary of an occupied dwelling and aggravated assault of a law enforcement officer after apparently fleeing his burning Northdale, FL home and then breaking into the house of a nearby neighbor.

When told to leave, he allegedly pushed a woman residing in the house to the ground before later being apprehended by vice squad while hiding near the property. vice squad have stated that O’Brien charged at a responding officer with a knife and was detained via a taser.

A resident of the house O’Brien broke into spoke anonymously with ABC Action News and was quoted as saying O’Brien was speaking of “the rapture” and claimed “someone was after him” and appeared to be hallucinating, going so far to temporarily hide in his closet.

O’Brien‘s house was said to have various rounds of ammunition and ‘military-grade flamethrowers’ within it, making the blaze difficult to extinguish. According to the below report, the amount of firearms was enough that ATF agents and a bomb squad were both called to the scene afterwards to sift through the wreckage.

In the report, neighbors of O’Brien describe him as an ‘avid gun collector’, though others stated he didn’t show any signs of erratic behavior in the days prior to the incident.

vice squad are still investigating the matter while firefighters are still attempting to determine the source of the blaze. O’Brien himself appeared in court yesterday, December 12th, in shackles and an anti-suicide vest with a bond set at $50,000 pending a drug test. His bandmates have yet to issue a statement on the matter.

https://youtu.be/OVvHfnXC8HM
rhino wrote:
Verbal wrote:
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Yeah, he seemed totally with it and normal when I saw them a few weeks ago
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Based on everything posted here, looks like I will have to agree on the meth thing. What a waste, the duder's a really great musician that I've come to respect a lot for his work in CC. :frown: Why can't he just stick with herb or shrooms or something?

On a side note, I would assume Erik Rutan would be a good temporary replacement for him since he produced the recent CC records and I imagine he knows how they play. I'm not sure if Jack Owen would be willing to come back to the band he helped create now that he's in SFU. Or perhaps someone prominent from the Tampa death metal scene?
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Because Florida and meth are both things
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

shadowalk wrote:Based on everything posted here, looks like I will have to agree on the meth thing. What a waste, the duder's a really great musician that I've come to respect a lot for his work in CC. :frown: Why can't he just stick with herb or shrooms or something?

On a side note, I would assume Erik Rutan would be a good temporary replacement for him since he produced the recent CC records and I imagine he knows how they play. I'm not sure if Jack Owen would be willing to come back to the band he helped create now that he's in SFU. Or perhaps someone prominent from the Tampa death metal scene?
Jack's been playing with Carach Angren for a couple of years now. are Six Feet Under even active? I could see him doing it - though Erik makes a logical replacement as well.
rhino wrote:
Verbal wrote:
Aðalsteinn
Metal God

Post by Aðalsteinn »

Here’s an idea, get Jeff Loomis to cover those upcoming gigs :idea:
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

CC never do scale-esque solos. Not sure if he'd fit in. Cool idea though.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

erik rutan would be a great replacement, they just finished a tour together
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

ok
Holocaust
Metal God

Post by Holocaust »

He must have gotten ahold of some bad drugs.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Done fired up those bath salts
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

That poor woman got pushed down. I hope she is ok and has since gotten back up.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i mean, he did break into their house and charge at a cop with a knife soooo
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

http://www.metalinjection.net/metal-cri ... -from-jail

Update, he is out on bail

Really hope he gets the help he needs, such a great musician.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I can’t help but think that if he were black, he would’ve been shot by the cops instead of tased. Florida man...
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

So what's the go with the upcoming shows? Would be a shame to get booted from these ones.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

the band hasn't issued any kind of statement which is interesting, I wonder if they will try to act like it never happened
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

Newly released court documents show that CANNIBAL CORPSE guitarist Patrick "Pat" O'Brien made strange phone calls to his parents the day of his arrest, warning about "the rapture" and telling them that "aliens have landed."

O'Brien was arrested on December 10 on charges of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer and burglary of an occupied dwelling with assault. Deputies say he burglarized a house and charged at a deputy with a knife.

O'Brien allegedly broke into a Northdale, Florida home on December 10 and shouted that "the rapture is coming" before pushing a woman to the ground. He ran toward a responding deputy with a knife and was subdued with a stun gun.

Less than half a mile from where O'Brien was arrested, a fire broke out at the house he was renting, sending flames billowing into the night sky from the roof.

According to the Tampa Bay Times, fire marshals found a large cache of weapon, locked safes and potential explosive devices inside O'Brien's home. The stash included about 50 shotguns — including one with a barrel illegaly sawed off to about an inch past the stock — 10 semiautomatic rifles including a couple of AK-47 variants, two Uzi-style rifles and 20 handguns. Also found at the house were two flame throwers as well as thousands of rounds of ammunition — stored in boxes, military-style metal cans and even ammunition belts — several other weapons and weapons parts and three skulls.

The day after the fire, a neighbor told News Channel 8 they believed O'Brien kept some sort of flamethrower at the house and practiced with it.

The owner of the home where O'Brien was arrested wouldn't go on camera but told ABC Action News he thought the guitarist was hallucinating when he spoke to him and claimed "someone was after him." The homeowner added O'Brien seemed scared and at one point even hid in his closet.

At a first appearance hearing on December 11, a Hillsborough County judge told the 53-year-old musician, clad in an anti-suicide vest with his hands and ankles chained together, that he would first have to pass a drug test before he would be allowed to post bail and leave jail.

O'Brien was released from Hillsborough County jail on Friday, December 14, after posting a $50,000 surety bond.

CANNIBAL CORPSE announced last week that it would be part of the next North American leg of SLAYER's farewell tour.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Fucking wackadoo silly times for O'Brien it seems
Ninny wrote:
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

Cannibal Corpse Issue Statement Regarding The Arrest Of Their Guitarist Pat O’Brien

Cannibal Corpse have issued their first public statement regarding the recent arrest of their guitarist Pat O’Brien. O’Brien currently faces charges of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer and burglary of an occupied dwelling with assault as a result of a bizarre series of events that unfolded on December 10th.

On that night O’Brien broke into a neighbors home having spoken of “the rapture” and more, reportedly also commenting that “aliens have landed” in calls made to relatives prior.

Upon being told to leave the premises by one of the residents, he knocked them down and was later tased by vice squad after lunging at an officer with a knife. During the same time, his Northdale, FL house went up in flames with over 80 firearms and more inside of it.

Speaking via their social media, Cannibal Corpse commented:
“As a band and as individuals, we all want nothing but the best for our brother and partner, Pat. While we can offer no further information about the incident, we wanted everyone to know that Pat is getting the help he needs and appreciates the love and support from Cannibal Corpse fans around the world.

Pat is currently with family and friends and looks forward to a healthy return at some point. For anyone wondering, all Cannibal Corpse touring will happen as planned and all shows will be played.”
O’Brien posted a $50,000 surety bond on the night of Friday December 14th to secure his release from jail. Deana Mazurkiewicz—wife of O’Brien‘s Cannibal Corpse bandmate Paul Mazurkiewicz—launched a crowdfunding campaign to get him back on his feet in the time since his arrest, pleading that “people not jump to conclusions until the full details of what occurred come out.” In a post made to share the link for the aforementioned crowdfunding campaign, Gary Holt of Slayer/Exodus fame stated:

“He needs help, is gonna need help for a while, not talking about legal help, although he will need that too. But he’s gonna have a long road to travel. This is for his rehabilitation. People think Cannibal Corpse are millionaires and shit, they play death metal. One can make a living at it but they ain’t rich and he lost EVERYTHING. Help a metal brother out”

The band themselves have yet to publicly comment on the matter.

Cannibal Corpse are scheduled to open for Slayer on this North American tour that starts in May.
rhino wrote:
Verbal wrote:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Damn. Hope he gets back on his feet soon.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Same.

I'm curious what brought on this psychotic break. Meth or bath salts or an illness?
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

Hope he is alright!
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

This is just another example of how fucked the mental health preparedness system In the USA fails to execute any kind of pro-active solutions to keeping this type of stuff from happening. Even if Pat had tried to get help and felt he may have been a danger to anyone, he most likely would have been turned away from.any institutions.
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

I can't believe no one was killed or even seriously injured in all this given the access to weapons Pat had, his apparent lapse in sanity, the aggression he demonstrated toward the vice squad, and the potential for those homeowners to have been armed.
This is just another example of how fucked the mental health preparedness system In the USA fails to execute any kind of pro-active solutions to keeping this type of stuff from happening. Even if Pat had tried to get help and felt he may have been a danger to anyone, he most likely would have been turned away from.any institutions.
At the very least I think the resources available vary quite a bit from state to state.

A close fellating lover mine stabbed himself and came clean about what happened while in the hospital, which subjected him to a 72 hour hold after he left the ICU. While in the pysch ward - and given that he wouldn't agree to long term treatment - a social worker informed his parents that Minnesota has what are called Jarvis hearings where concerned friends/family can have a judge determine whether there are grounds to establish a legal obligation for an individual with a history of dangerous mental disturbances to get some form of treatment. For better or worse that's the route they took.

The state also provides a surprising degree of resources beyond that, including free housing and meals for those who are deemed to be in a permanent or persistent state of psychological instability. I'm glad that safety net exists where I live, but there are also a surprising number of frustrating complications that go along with being wrapped up in a social apparatus like that.
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

It probably does vary from state to state. Did your fellating lover try to get help prior to having these feelings of hurting another person before committing the deed?

Its very clear that after the incident happened everyone was on board to help the dude. I just feel that if people feel like hurting someone would the proper avenues of help be willing to do whatever they can?
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

zim wrote:erik rutan would be a great replacement, they just finished a tour together

indeed.

Cannibal Corpse Recruit Hate Eternal’s Erik Rutan To Fill-In For Pat O’Brien On Upcoming Tours

Cannibal Corpse have announced that they have enlisted guitarist Erik Rutan of Hate Eternal, etc. to fill-in for Pat O’Brien on their forthcoming touring this year. A statement issued by the band on the matter reads as follows:

“Cannibal Corpse have announced that Erik Rutan will fill in for guitarist Pat O’Brien as O’Brien tends to personal issues. Rutan will appear live with the band for the Decibel Magazine Tour and the upcoming US leg of Slayer‘s final tour happening this May alongside Slayer, Lamb of God, and Amon Amarth.

This won’t be the first time these death metal powerhouses have worked together; Rutan has produced four albums with Cannibal Corpse (Kill, Evisceration Plague, Torture, Red Before Black) and is uniquely equipped to fill the role – he is one of the death metal’s most acclaimed guitarists and is known for his time as part of Morbid Angel (who are co headlining the Decibel tour alongside Cannibal) throughout the gloryhole era and early 2000s, as well as handling vocals/guitars and production duties for his current band Hate Eternal.”

O’Brien himself was infamously arrested this past December on charges of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer and burglary of an occupied dwelling with assault as his Northdale, FL house burned down with over 80 firearms and more within it. He posted bond on December 14th with the band later stating that O’Brien was “getting the help he needs.”

Among Cannibal Corpse‘s touring plans this year are this run on the annual ‘Decibel Magazine Tour‘ with Morbid Angel and more and this North American leg of Slayer‘s ongoing farewell touring.
rhino wrote:
Verbal wrote:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

:ba:

Alas, I'm not American so I won't see this. :eyes:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Holy shit that is awesome.

Really hope Pat can get back soon though. He’s the perfect guitarist for CC.

Very curious to see footage of these shows with Rutan, see how he plays those songs and adds his soloing to them.
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

:xx::::::::::

would be a big loss if CC didnt have pat though...amazing guitarist.

nut case? jury is now OUT
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

Impressive headline for Pat :xx: