Is having a kid worth it?

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Grudge
Metal God

Is having a kid worth it?

Post by Grudge »

What's the point really? You lose money, you lose time, you lose your life, all to raise a brat who won't show you any respect when you're old.
zim
Zim(a)

Re: Is having a kid worth it?

Post by zim »

this is actually something i've thought about and discussed a lot with a few people and i always wind up at saying it's not worth it

despite all the happiness it brings parents, a lot of the time it seems to create an insane amount of tension and stress between the parents that definitely doesn't seem worth it to me. a lot of couples seem to have a kid because they think it will give them meaning / make their relationship better but they just end up even more unhappy and stressed out

though i don't doubt that for some people, having a child was the best decision they ever made and good for them
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Yea I look at my dad and look at all the shit he had to put up with from me, and I have to wonder if he thinks it was worth it.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Yes :santa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

how old are your kids Neeko
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

our family is pressuring us to have kids - but the wife and I have discussed it numerous times and neither of us are gun-ho about doing so.

my sister has two kids and her life has been hell the last several years and my coworkers who have children do nothing but complain about them.

you have to wonder - there are a lot of parents out there who really, really, really should not have had children.
maybe we are one of them. maybe the disinterest in it is the universe's way of saying don't do it.
the question is, will we listen? I don't know. few more years it won't matter. if we suddenly change our minds we can always look into adoption I suppose.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

People with kids or wanting kids will tell you it’s worth it.

People who don’t want them will tell you it’s not. And even they might change their mind someday.

So you need to figure this out for yourself.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

The older I get, the more that I detest having kids. :huh:

I agree with ein vahmpy's sentiments though. It ain't my place to tell you it sucks or it doesn't suck to have them.

Although from my perspective, they're just a pain in the butt to have around. :oldryan:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

The Ultimate wrote:how old are your kids Neeko
4 and 7
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

unless i hit the lottery in the next year or two i'll never be able to afford kids so it's not a question i've really given a lot of thought to
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

No, because just like we were, they're endless money pits.
Wide open 'til you see God, then BRAKE!

Kevin Schwantz #34 - Team Suzuki Lucky Strike
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Rufus T. Firefly wrote:few more years it won't matter.
What do you mean by that?
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

iamgoat wrote:People with kids or wanting kids will tell you it’s worth it.

People who don’t want them will tell you it’s not. And even they might change their mind someday.
That's what I was thinking as well. If you have kids and admit that it's not worth it, you might come across as a parent who doesn't love their kids, which is not how I judge, but that's how society judges.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

H4T3M4CH1N3 wrote:No, because just like we were, they're endless money pits.
It was like that when I was born. It wasn't so expensive then to have a child as it is now. Now they say in the US you need like $200-250 grand to raise a child, which is like the cost of a house in some places.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

No fucking thank you

The average cost to raise a child from birth to 17 is 233k, even that seems low. Kids are annoying, smelly, and will cause more trouble than they’re worth, most likely. Not to mention they could turn out to be a conservative shithead.
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

My three siblings with kids seem really thrilled to be parents, even though it obviously isn't a picnic all the time. However two of them earn enough for only one parent to have to work, and my other sister lucked out to some degree with an incredibly smart and well behaved daughter who is now close to heading off to college.

My twin sister is expecting in August. Her marriage seems rock solid, but I do kind of wonder if they're getting in over the heads by having a child. We'll see.

I admire people who have kids for the right reasons and put in all the hard work that goes into raising them, but I have never in my life felt a desire to raise a family. Maybe a dog some day.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

The Ultimate wrote:
Rufus T. Firefly wrote:few more years it won't matter.
What do you mean by that?
As women age it becomes much more risky to have children and doing so after a certain age magnifies the possibility of birth defects.

Suffice to say, we’ve only got a few more years in the relatively “safe” zone. If it happens it happens, if not - well, might as well get a vasectomy.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i think it would be worth it-- i want kids but none of the women i ever get into relationships want kids

it's a dilemma
more metal
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

I find it somewhat hilarious that my Facebook newsfeed is filled with posts of toddlers with cheesy caption lines...even though I know for a fact that most of those parents who post that stuff are actually really miserable struggling everyday on how to make ends meet with their insane amount of bills supplemented by childcare fees.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

shadowalk wrote:I find it somewhat hilarious that my Facebook newsfeed is filled with posts of toddlers with cheesy caption lines...even though I know for a fact that most of those parents who post that stuff are actually really miserable struggling everyday on how to make ends meet with their insane amount of bills supplemented by childcare fees.
People using social media a lot who suddenly become parents are fucking unbearable after that. It’s like their own identity disappeared after having kids. Spamming pictures of their babies...

That alone is so weird to me. Sharing all that with the world. A baby’s privacy is already gone at the age of a couple of months. It’s already on the internet.

And then when those kids are old enough to get out of the house, the parents get depressed or fall into a “midlife crisis” because they need to figure out who they were all this time.

If you want kids, go ahead. But choose to have 2 max because of the earth’s overpopulation and its effect on the environment.

Personally, I just don’t have a connection with kids at all. I love animals much more and feel a deeper connection with animals than I do with humans anyway. I’m just glad my gf thinks about the same way or else I’d have to end the relationship.

My brother has two girls, one is almost 3 and the other almost 1. They’re raising them well and they are good parents to them. I like to keep in touch with them since it’s family and I might even look forward to take those girls out hiking or maybe teach them some guitar and music. But I wouldn’t care for having my own. That way I can just return them to their parents when I’m fed up with their bs. :redneck:
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

Personally I'm not interested because I'm selfish and can't stand being around people all the time for starters but all these comments about money are a little disturbing and shallow tbh, even if right for the personal circumstances. I guess it really depends what kind of life you want to live. If you don't want the responsibilities, don't go there. If you want the opportunity to raise your seed and teach him/her to become a good human being, likely helping you back as you become old, that doesn't seem that bad if you can afford it. The world is full of brain dead idiots - a few more intelligent, good-natured people wouldn't hurt. I think some people commit to this just to keep their lives on track tbh which is not really a bad thing either. Challenge builds character and wisdom. In short, it might be more rewarding than simply worrying about the cost associated with nurturing someone into adulthood. It seems like some parents are best friends with their kids, weird but it is what it is.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

the world is indeed full of braindead idiots and totally agree on becoming great friends especially if your parents had you young, my mum and i are definitely like that. she had me at 19 and i moved out and never took another cent at age 18 so that means when she was 37-- which is almost my own age now ... basically we've had 14 years as adult friends living in separate cities. like she will always be my mum but the dynamics of the relationship definitely change fast
more metal
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Olden Polynice wrote:but all these comments about money are a little disturbing and shallow tbh
It isn't shallow, it is a real consideration for millions of people, which necessitates all members of the family to work to survive because of declines in living standards, erosion of disposable incomes, and the profiteering on basic life functions.

Many people can't afford housing, transport, good education, or raising families, so you shouldn't be surprised that money is a serious consideration on raising a child and that people will be talking about it more than they were 30 years ago.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Indeed.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

:idea:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

if you think concerns about the expense of raising kids are shallow then i am deeply jealous of your life of uninterrupted comfort
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Try raising 2 girls and not grow older without grey hairs. It's impossible. Not only do you have to worry about money but there is that certain time period when they start dating drama inflicted douchbags. Who solely exist on this earth to use and abuse the kindness of a young hearted heart. Once this happens it's best to just live and let learn. Save yourself some anxiety.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

Hitoshura wrote:if you think concerns about the expense of raising kids are shallow then i am deeply jealous of your life of uninterrupted comfort
:oldryan:
more metal
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

ok but it really does remind me of a certain type of sheltered outlook which can only be broken by an age of constant struggle and misery!
H4T3M4CH1N3
God of Emptiness

Post by H4T3M4CH1N3 »

If I'm shallow just for wanting to live my life with no human liabilities, well ok. I'm the shallowest motherf.ucker on planet Earth.

I'd rather have my house full of abandoned kitties than human babies. My brother has a 3yr old boy to whom I have to pretty much stop being myself because my bro finds disrespectful for him to talk with dirty words, or smoking a cigarette and shit like that in his presence because his brain is a sponge absorbing everything, yet the one thing he hasn't absorbed is to acknowledge a simple "Hello, how are you xxxx?" (Xxxx being his name) because my brother thinks kids shouldn't be forced to do things they don't want (Like it's going to break his self to reply a simple friendly "hello", for fuck's sake. Little cunt won't even acknowledge you and start looking the other way, it pisses me off so much)
Wide open 'til you see God, then BRAKE!

Kevin Schwantz #34 - Team Suzuki Lucky Strike
User
Metal God

Post by User »

Hitoshura wrote:ok but it really does remind me of a certain type of sheltered outlook which can only be broken by an age of constant struggle and misery!
i posted an oldryan but i actually meant to post a redneck :redneck:
more metal
User
Metal God

Post by User »

you know you're getting old when you mix up bbcodes
more metal
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

the answer to the initial question is yes
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

I have 78 kids
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

rhino knows :idea:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

Just get the immigrants and robots to wipe your asses for you, buy the toilet paper. No worries. No need to get triggered about the shallow comment. :alone:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Hey Erny have you and your wife had sex yet?
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

rhino wrote:Hey Erny have you and your wife had sex yet?
I guess that’s why he’s asking :redneck:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

So she's delayed and he's panicking?
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

:idea: :lol:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

imran's sex life :oldryan:
more metal
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

rhino wrote:Hey Erny have you and your wife had sex yet?
I get more of it in one week then you got in your whole lifetime
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

:lol: I got wango3d
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Rhino gets less than none
Ninny wrote:
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Rhino was that story about a threesome you had once true?
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Absolutely :santa:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

:idea:
shadowalk
Metal God