Doggo is not doing good

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Skinfection
Metal God

Doggo is not doing good

Post by Skinfection »

We think she had a few mini-strokes; and when you're not even 20 pounds that's a sizeable thing. She's not doing well at all. Might have to make a really shitty decision this weekend.

On top of that, work was extra shitty today. Strong drink is very much in order this evening.
rhino
Wackadoo

Re: Doggo is not doing good

Post by rhino »

:eyes:

But you know whatever decision you make will be the right decision for the ol pup
Rufus T. Firefly
Metal God

Post by Rufus T. Firefly »

I've had couple of pets who have had regular seizures - including one of my current cats. shit sucks, but there is medication out there that helps. I'm sure that whatever decision you need to make will be the correct one.
Light years quasar as a patch of light gathered by gravity Vangelis radio telescope Stirred by starlight vanquish the impossible Tunguska event cosmic fugue courage of our questions worldlets galaxies birth colonies Vastness is bearable only through love.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

hang in there skinner, never easy dealing with these situations
iamgoat
Metal God

Post by iamgoat »

Damn... sorry to hear man. Take care and do the right thing.
Skinfection
Metal God

Post by Skinfection »

She's doing much better today. Not back to 100% but it's marked improvement from where she was.

Yesterday was really scary. We're still gonna take her to the vet so they can look at her again. We initially brought her in on Monday and they said she either had a stroke or basically has vertigo, but it was too early to tell.

She's old, but we haven't even had her for two years. So a little more time with her is appreciated.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

that sucks man, if it is her time, you have given her a wonderful end to her life. doggies really appreciate that routine and pack affection when they get old. for what it is worth, my old dog (alive 2003-2017) had a weird episode when she was about five or six years old where she just became paralysed and couldn't walk. one vet said super expensive surgery was required, and had to be done immediately. we took her to a second vet, who could not explain what had happened, but said acupuncture was worth a shot. so we did the acupuncture and she recovered 100% and it never, ever happened again, she couldn't move and was in great distress. never explained, never repeated - but totally acute and debilitating when it happened. so my point is mammals are complex are sometimes shit just happens but the fact it is inexplicable does not necessarily mean it is fatal
more metal
Verbal
Postwhore

Post by Verbal »

:eyes: