Disappointed by Filipinos

Truly awful forum threads best forgotten but worth preserving for ongoing, on-demand facepalms.
Grudge
Metal God

Disappointed by Filipinos

Post by Grudge »

This is a rant. One thing we South Asians and Mexican folk have in common with Filipinos is our love of mangos. We pride ourselves on the quality of our mangos, they are a pretty big deal, and I hear it's the same in the Philippines. So I went looking for Mango flavored ice cream a while back and came across this Made in Philippines brand by San Miguel.

San Miguel Gold Label Mango Ice Cream

So I'm thinking, wow this must be some premium brand over there in the Philippines, they must know a thing or two about good Mango ice cream. Nothing from my country is getting imported into the US so it's either this or nothing. It was a little expensive, but hey, what could go wrong right?

Except it tastes NOTHING LIKE MANGOS or what you would expect Mango ice cream to taste like. For those who live in the US here, if you've been to a MangoMango dessert shop (I think they are South Korean), that's what real mango ice cream tastes like. With this premium Filipino bullshit though, I have no idea what the fuck I'm eating.
User
Metal God

Re: Disappointed by Filipinos

Post by User »

that is a fucking travesty

i am sorry you had to go through that
more metal
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

:frown:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

how privileged we are to have problems such as these
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Well that is to be expected. Magnolia is your typical big-scale retail company that sell food products for mass consumption so what you ate is most probably full of artificial flavorings and such. Many brands sell their own versions of mango ice cream here and they all taste like vomit. :vomit:

Your best bet for mango ice cream would be a homemade one or something bought from one of those hipster specialty stores.
Corpsepyre

Post by Corpsepyre »

Tu nahee sudhray ga, dost.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

mangos are at best ok
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

complaining about mass-produced food not tasting like the food it's supposed to be made out of :interessant:
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

Mango ice cream isn't really the best way to enjoy mangoes tbh. Try looking for mango tapioca (slices of mango in a sweet cream/milk mixture with tapioca pearls which are similar to what you would find in boba/bubble tea but smaller) at a Filipino and/or Asian store if you want a mango-based dessert dish.