Tornado watch in this period

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Tornado watch in this period

Post by rhino »

Shhiieeeeeeeeetttt
zim
Zim(a)

Re: Tornado watch in this period

Post by zim »

same
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

you see that drone footage from the one the other day, shit was wild
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Dang, definitely captures an angle usually not seen
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Got a strong storm that lasted 5 minutes now the pussy ass power is out of course. Hopefully not all fucking night
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Ain't no nadoes up in this area
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i haven't bothered to look at the weather or out the gay man's telescope, instead sarding with music and rain in the background :serenity: :zzz:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

that is fucked up mang :homework:
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

Its part of living in the tornado belt/south comes with the territory you only worry when it turns into a warning thats when you take shelter.
deckard
Metal God

Post by deckard »

hope youre safe brotha
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

I vaguely remember a tornado touching down about a mile away from school in 2nd grade. We all had to sit cross legged in the hallway facing the wall, crouched down, holding a hard covered book over the back of our necks. Looking back that strikes me as my generation's version of the insane "duck and cover" protocol of the cold war era.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Paste Human wrote:
07 May 2022, 18:37
I vaguely remember a tornado touching down about a mile away from school in 2nd grade. We all had to sit cross legged in the hallway facing the wall, crouched down, holding a hard covered book over the back of our necks. Looking back that strikes me as my generation's version of the insane "duck and cover" protocol of the cold war era.
for our tornado drills we had to go out in the hallway and take a really odd pose like this Image ass up!
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Wtf
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

zim wrote:
08 May 2022, 07:04
Paste Human wrote:
07 May 2022, 18:37
for our tornado drills we had to go out in the hallway and take a really odd pose like this Image ass up!

Omg memories of the tornado drills

Also the emergency drills as they called them (shooter on campus) starting around middle school where they locked us in the room with the lights iff and made us all hide from the door. We dis this with sped kids too more to train the staff

Try doing a fire drill with 8 - 10 autistic adults that was fun when i worked in schools.

It’s all pretty wtf if you think about it
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Noyka wrote:
08 May 2022, 11:42
Also the emergency drills as they called them (shooter on campus) starting around middle school where they locked us in the room with the lights iff and made us all hide from the door. We dis this with sped kids too more to train the staff
we started doing the active shooter drills during middle school as well, around 2001. they would lock the doors, turn off all the lights, and we had to be quiet. they would also use this opportunity to bring in drug sniffing dogs and let them scan the lockers in the hallways.
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

Oh boy drug dogs aren’t allowed in some schools now.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

We didn't do any of that shit. There was a big string of bomb threats that was county wide starting in 7th grade and carried on until the end of the following year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 23342cb84/

This is from may of 97 and it started probably a month or so before. I remember that because the first time the winter air was still kicking around and no one was ready to go stand outside for 4+ hours. After the first few times everyone would have shit stashed in their backpack in case we had to stand outside all fucking day again.

The chaos of emptying 3 schools and the faculty trying to keep track of everyone was hilarious though :redneck:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

Methuselah Honeysuckle wrote:
08 May 2022, 17:44
We didn't do any of that shit. There was a big string of bomb threats that was county wide starting in 7th grade and carried on until the end of the following year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... 23342cb84/

This is from may of 97 and it started probably a month or so before. I remember that because the first time the winter air was still kicking around and no one was ready to go stand outside for 4+ hours. After the first few times everyone would have shit stashed in their backpack in case we had to stand outside all fucking day again.

The chaos of emptying 3 schools and the faculty trying to keep track of everyone was hilarious though :redneck:
A teacher mentioned that at one point our high school was getting so many fake threats that they finally adopted a "we'll take the risk" stance. I think that happened in the late 80s.

The only bomb threat evacuation I was part of was hilarious - especially since my buddy's weird sister called it in. They sent us all out to the football field and it basically turned into Woodstock, with guys climbing up the field goal posts and trying to knock them over. And then of course guys wandering off to smoke pot in the woods :redneck:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Mine was one of those terrible let's jam 2 middle schools and a high school into one massive building ideas from the 70s.

It was already easy as hell to skip school if you wanted to. So there was plenty of people who just never came back once we had to evacuate the school.
Ninny wrote:
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

We did mass evacuations as earthquake drills. Hard enough with mainstream students but special needs who do not understand make it extra interesting as always. My 1 on 1 gave me some gnarly bruises during these. Luckily she was relatively compliant.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

08 May 2022, 21:33
Mine was one of those terrible let's jam 2 middle schools and a high school into one massive building ideas from the 70s.

It was already easy as hell to skip school if you wanted to. So there was plenty of people who just never came back once we had to evacuate the school.
always heard stories about schools like these and thought it was fascinating. the town i grew up in had a population of around 5000 and the schools were all about a mile from the nearest neighborhoods. it was impossible to skip or walk home, they felt like island prisons :redneck: my last school bus route in high school took almost an hour to get home :homework:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

I spent 7 years in that shitbox :santa:
Ninny wrote:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

None of all that shit ever happened here.
USA ... :frown:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

But Europe nowadays... also :frown:
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

Do not get me started on american public schools

Its a rare case we do better with sped than mainstream (mainly far lesspolitical bullshit) though both are huge failures in most places

Many of my views changed after working sped i used to be pretty radical in many respects
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

08 May 2022, 22:29

I spent 7 years in that shitbox :santa:
7 years in the same school? :krinor:

i did 6 in elementary, 3 in middle, and 4 in high school, all different schools.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

3 in the middle school and 4 in the high school
Ninny wrote:
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

I’ve only ever seen water spouts that get spawned by hurricanes. Never been and hope to never be in one of those massive ones that can destroy entire towns.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

Tornader sirens are going off right now.

Luckily I live in a WWI era brick building that could probably withstand an atom bomb, so things should be fine. I'm more worried about a blown out gay man's telescope or an extended power outage. And of course the children. For god's sake please think of the children! :waa:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i was very lucky to go to two great schools, and two average schools
more metal
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

Paste Human wrote:
12 May 2022, 08:04
Tornader sirens are going off right now.

Luckily I live in a WWI era brick building that could probably withstand an atom bomb, so things should be fine. I'm more worried about a blown out gay man's telescope or an extended power outage. And of course the children. For god's sake please think of the children! :waa:
I was at work and had to lock the doors and take everyone into an interior storage room. My wife texted me and was like “the tornado sirens are going off… should I go in the basement?” I responded “yes. Right now get the cats and dog go down there!” Luckily all was well in the end but still an interesting experience. Drove home and there were lots of trees down and quite a few neighborhoods without power.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

i just use my tornado phone