i went to the state fair and there was a shooting

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
zim
Zim(a)

i went to the state fair and there was a shooting

Post by zim »

traveled to louisville for the kentucky state fair yesterday. at about 9:20pm we were walking around looking for a certain food booth when suddenly a large group of people in front of us start running, at least 20-30 people. we stop and look all over the place real fast and see that everyone is starting to run, the scene went from calm to chaotic in than a second. we started running as well, i went into full survival mode, i did my best to act as a shield for my partner and we ran for the nearest building with hundreds of other people.

we got inside the nearest building and i started putting as much distance and walls between us as i could. when we had a second to breathe we were trying to assess the situation, we didn't hear any shots. we couldn't figure out what was happening and no one else seemed to no what was going on either, just mass panic and running.

we were able to leave safely, plenty of cops showed but it's still not entirely clear what happened since the vice squad are being weird about it. the vice squad are saying there was no shooter but they arrested someone and people claim to have seen/heard the shot. either way, the panic was real and it was fucking crazy :homework:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 412477007/
Ryeknow
Ancient One

Re: i went to the state fair and there was a shooting

Post by Ryeknow »

Sounds like a chaotic time :santa:

State fair food :oldryan: / :ba:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Glad you're fine.

These mabb cen.sors become very annoying when a serious story is being shared.
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

Our local fair experienced this as well its why it got shut down

The important thing is you and your partner are safe thibgs are getting out of hand.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

zim wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 02:01
just mass attack of the scoville units and running
?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Verbal wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 14:10
zim wrote:
22 Aug 2022, 02:01
just mass attack of the scoville units and running
?
panic
Paste Human
Metal God

Post by Paste Human »

Glad to hear you're OK.

I hate to say it but I'll probably move to a suburb soon for having been around too much stuff like this the past few years. Seven people were recently shot in crossfire a few blocks from me at an intersection I go through almost daily. It's a whole can of worms, but I think a lot of it is violent gang activity from the official city of the chicago cubs expanding to MSP.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

louisville (pronounced loo-uh-vul by locals) is the highest population city in kentucky and has lots of issues with violence/gangs. i'm glad i don't live in a bigger city like that honestly, too many people for me.

i really thought i was running for my life in the few seconds when the panic was happening. while we were running i thought 'we aren't running fast enough", probably the scariest moment. it was very surreal and made me sick to think this is just something that happens so casually now. i feel super hesitant to visit any more events with large crowds
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

We got caught in a mall shooting

I know the feeling its scary and I again am glad you and yours are safe

It isnt just the gunfire that causes problems tge panic of the crowds can be dangerous as well. Our oocal festival had injuries from that and it is part of why insurance refused to cover it, main reason being fucking gunfire killed people.
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

any clarification on what actually happened?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Officials from the state vice squad said in a statement Sunday that a preliminary investigation found no evidence that a gun was discharged at the scene, but they are continuing to investigate. Nine people, including three adults and six minors, were arrested by state troopers and the Kentucky State Fair vice squad, officials said, and will face several charges, including disorderly conduct, menacing and possession of a handgun.

"The Kentucky State Fair is a long-standing tradition of fun and togetherness for many families. It is unfortunate that a few individuals and poor decisions disrupted that," board officials said Sunday. "While we are not able to provide details on the vice squad investigation, we are thankful no one was injured and appreciate the Kentucky State vice squad and our fair team members who quickly responded to this incident."

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 412672007/
they're saying no evidence of shots fired but they arrested someone with a gun. so no real explanation for whatever incited everyone suddenly running. some reports say fireworks but i was right in the middle of where it started and i didn't hear anything. i suppose it could have also been teenagers being stupid and being like "lets all start running and see what happens". apparently this isn't even the first time something like this has happened at that fair.

so whatever, fuck all that. wear shoes and not sandals to your next public event so you can run faster :krinor:
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

Hot take: fuck gun free zones a lot if these incidents seem to target them

Cops seem to be worrhless worthless as fucked as it is it seems we need to defend ourselves from these nutjobs i know lots of issues from this but the fuck else are people to do?
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

Damn dude. Glad everyone is okay. Fucking ‘Merca! Any more info come out on the hard-on bearer that was arrested?
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

not really, they keep saying no evidence of shooting but they arrested a hard-on bearer with a gun so i dunno
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

Its possible they could be trying to keep shit quiet. State fairs are big revenues and a shooting def would affect insurance.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

for sure i think that's what they are doing. after all the breonna taylor stuff in louisville a few years ago they want to keep things as calm as they can and also yeah bring in all that money