did a home sleep study

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
zim
Zim(a)

did a home sleep study

Post by zim »

i wore a little device on my chest while i slept for a night. the results were inconclusive because apparently the data wasn't great or something so they want me to do an in office study instead.

they charged me 1700 dollars ^_^
slugbait
Dope Priest

Re: did a home sleep study

Post by slugbait »

Murican healthcare :gay:
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

irelands healthcare system is not good. but americas is completely indefensible and i would be afraid to live there because of it
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Wtf zim....
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

Talk to me if they try to pull this shit again. Im not in your state but Im experienced with sleep medicine as a patient with myself, my brother, and my dad.

I would have told you ask for a sleep study in a facility. At home is cheaper but is prone to issues.

In facility a good doctor will ask for a dual test. First half to show you have sleep apnea the next half to see your pressure/mask combo. They will tweak based on home machine data from there.

There is a backlog for machines Ive been trying to get my updated one since March.
Ryeknow
Ancient One

Post by Ryeknow »

Zim and sleep, a love/hate affair
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

when i did the home test i only slept for 6 hours and i woke up a lot mostly because of fiddling with the device. the nose pressure thing kept falling out and what not. the doc said the device didn't detect any moments where i stopped breathing but maybe i didn't sleep long enough uninterrupted for it to be detected

i've been getting discounts for not having insurance so hopefully they'll work with me a little. i've got the money for the bill, just sucks that it's so high but it's still cheaper actually than paying for insurance. my yearly insurance plan would cost $3600 out of pocket with a $7000 deductible so it's actually more cost effective for me to just pay out of pocket for any doctor visits/meds unless a random expensive procedure/med pops up.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Ryeknow wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 15:35
Zim and sleep, a love/hate affair
They just can't quit each other
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

zim wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 16:17
when i did the home test i only slept for 6 hours and i woke up a lot mostly because of fiddling with the device. the nose pressure thing kept falling out and what not. the doc said the device didn't detect any moments where i stopped breathing but maybe i didn't sleep long enough uninterrupted for it to be detected

i've been getting discounts for not having insurance so hopefully they'll work with me a little. i've got the money for the bill, just sucks that it's so high but it's still cheaper actually than paying for insurance. my yearly insurance plan would cost $3600 out of pocket with a $7000 deductible so it's actually more cost effective for me to just pay out of pocket for any doctor visits/meds unless a random expensive procedure/med pops up.
If you end up getting a cpap you may see havibg insurance is cheaper dme is a fucking racket in the us.

Id look into catastrophic you should be able to get a free state ine since you currently dont have a job my surprise surgery was 15k plus hospital stay. The room alone 10k.