ChatGPT

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Grudge
Metal God

ChatGPT

Post by Grudge »

Anybody hearing about this or used this? If so, impressions?
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Re: ChatGPT

Post by Verbal »

i dont know what this is
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

It is an AI application that's been in the news a lot recently.

ChatGPT Wrote My AP English Essay—and I Passed

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chatgpt-wr ... 1671628256

Google's management has reportedly issued a 'code red' amid the rising popularity of the ChatGPT AI

https://www.businessinsider.com/google- ... rt-2022-12

I asked ChatGPT to do my work and write an Insider article for me. It quickly generated an alarmingly convincing article filled with misinformation.

https://www.businessinsider.com/i-asked ... ng-2022-12

ChatGPT Can Negotiate Comcast Bills Down For You

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxn955/ ... wn-for-you

OUR FAMILY’S CHATGPT-GENERATED HOLIDAY LETTER

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/our ... day-letter

ChatGPT Can Write Better Essays Than My College Students. That's a Good Thing | Opinion

https://www.newsweek.com/chatgpt-can-wr ... on-1769136
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i've been messing with it for the last two weeks

mostly been asking it programming related questions which is does alright at. i think the fear of it replacing programmers is overblown but it certainly is decent at handling high level / boilerplate stuff. i also asked it some questions from one of my college programming books, it was able to answer most of them.

it is confidently wrong pretty often though, for now anyway.

also anyone can sign up and play with it here https://chat.openai.com
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Do you think people can use it to pass coding interviews?
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

what are its pronouns
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

zim, maybe you get it to finish that riff you wrote
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Grudge wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 02:26
Do you think people can use it to pass coding interviews?
maybe a take home interview test but i don't think you'd be able to explain your decisions and thought process very well. depends on the interview i guess. if you're gonna spend the time memorizing the code of an interview question you're basically learning it anyway right

students will definitely be able to use it for homework which is probably not good
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Verbal wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 02:49
zim, maybe you get it to finish that riff you wrote
i actually did ask it to generate chord progressions which it did alright, couldn't get it to spit out a riff though :redneck:
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

get it to lay down a phat solo over your your latest riff
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

you don't solo over a riff :kiss:
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

what
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Verbal wrote:
23 Dec 2022, 02:54
que
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

so chatgpt is basically trained on all of the internet and today i started wondering if i could find any information that might only exist on mabb.

i asked a simple question about trey and it completely hallucinated the first answer
what are trey azagthoth's most popular guitars?

BC Rich Stealth: Azagthoth is perhaps most closely associated with his BC Rich Stealth guitar, which he has used extensively throughout his career. The Stealth has a distinctive shape, with sharp angles and a pointy headstock, and is often seen in black or silver finishes.

Ibanez Universe: Another guitar that Azagthoth has used extensively is the Ibanez Universe, a seven-string guitar that was designed specifically for the virtuoso guitarist Steve Vai. Azagthoth has used this guitar on several Morbid Angel albums and tours.

Gibson Flying V: Azagthoth has also been known to use a Gibson Flying V, a classic guitar model that was popularized by players like Jimi Hendrix and Albert King. Azagthoth's Flying V has a distinctive black finish and is often seen with a Floyd Rose tremolo system.

Jackson Rhoads: Azagthoth has also used Jackson Rhoads guitars, which have a distinctive V-shaped body and pointed headstock, similar to the Flying V.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

what would morbid angel fans use the word "sard" for?

I apologize for my previous response, as I misspoke. As it turns out, the term "sard" is actually used by some Morbid Angel fans as a slang term for a particularly intense or aggressive style of death metal. The origins of the term are somewhat unclear, but it appears to have emerged from fan communities and online forums dedicated to extreme metal music. The term is not specific to Morbid Angel's music, but rather is used more broadly to describe a certain type of fruital, technical death metal that emphasizes speed, complexity, and harsh vocals. The term "sard" may also be used to describe a particularly intense live performance by a death metal band. It's worth noting that this term is not widely used or recognized outside of certain extreme metal fan communities, and is not a term that is commonly associated with Morbid Angel's music or image in a broader sense.
:redneck: :redneck: :redneck:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

The new version is pretty scary.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

zim wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 00:08

I apologize for my previous response, as I misspoke. As it turns out, the term "sard" is actually used by some Morbid Angel fans as a slang term for a particularly intense or aggressive style of death metal. The origins of the term are somewhat unclear, but it appears to have emerged from fan communities and online forums dedicated to extreme metal music. The term is not specific to Morbid Angel's music, but rather is used more broadly to describe a certain type of fruital, technical death metal that emphasizes speed, complexity, and harsh vocals. The term "sard" may also be used to describe a particularly intense live performance by a death metal band. It's worth noting that this term is not widely used or recognized outside of certain extreme metal fan communities, and is not a term that is commonly associated with Morbid Angel's music or image in a broader sense.
:bulb:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

vO)))id wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 00:41
The new version is pretty scary.
easy to forget it's not really ai in the way people imagine ai, it's only a language model. chatgpt is based on learning patterns in language and word prediction
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

zim wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 00:08

All I can imagine is like a super techy sludge band. I kinda wanna hear it.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

I got an invite for Bard today. Checked it out for a bit.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

It's also impressive. Works well.