Thoughts on the current state of the war in Russia

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
Grudge
Metal God

Thoughts on the current state of the war in Russia

Post by Grudge »

For months, the battle over Bakhmut between Russia and Ukraine has been receiving a great deal of coverage. Western propaganda outlets have been all throughout claiming the city has "no strategic value", whereas the Russians have been getting slaughtered there over a piece of land that has no military value, because they are stupid, incompetent, and so on so forth. That this is some grand play by the Ukrainians to buy time until their tanks and equipment arrives, as some sort of elaborate trap. Moreover they claim that Russians are running short of munitions and undersupplied. Any angle you can imagine is being used to portray that the Ukrainians are absolutely smashing the Russians.

None of this reporting was consistent with the scenario that if this piece of land was so insignificant, why the Ukrainians would then keep reinforcing it, or if the Russians are so badly getting slaughtered, how they continue to advance and push back the Ukrainians from the city. It was also inconsistent with the fact that Russian munitions are being produced on 24 hour shifts in factories now that the country has put itself on a war-footing, whereas NATO stocks are themselves getting sorely depleted and they have yet to increase their own defense budgets for this war for replenishment. Any number of options exist for supplying the Russians indirectly with what they need, whether that is China overpaying for fuel supplies and creating a trade deficit favoring Russia that provides them cash, or the supply of components through intermediaries, or having Iran selling its own weapons stocks to Russia and then replenishing by getting supplies from China.

Now however we hear straight from the Horse's mouth that on the contrary, Bakhmut was not insignificant, in fact if the Russians win there, it will provide an "open road" to the rest of Ukraine (Zelensky's words). And yes indeed, if you look at the map, you will see that the main road M03 from Bakhmut leads all the way to Kharkiv, the second largest city bordering Russia. You can't go around the city of Bakhmut, you have to go through it.

If Russian forces made their way all the way from the M03 direction, they could launch a second attack from the Russian border from Belgorod to achieve an encirclement.

This is why Zelensky has elected to continue trying to hold Bakhmut. In spite of that, they are getting kicked out of the area. You don't get pushed back if you are slaughtering the opponent, you get pushed back because you yourself are getting slaughtered.

Moral of the story is, don't believe a word from the Western press and government agencies about this war.
Noyka
Ancient One

Re: Thoughts on the current state of the war in Russia

Post by Noyka »

My thoughts: what a waste of money and more importantly lives.

Im just terrified this is the start of a much larger conflict esp now that China is openly involved.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Totally agree with the last sentence: don't believe anything from regular Western news outlets about this war.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

a point that should be well understood by anyone in our cohort, having lived through innumerable similar propaganda campaigns to win support for imperial aggression over the last 20+ years. the american government, the western press, and our loyal european lapdogs have no credibility in these matters, but hey, this time is different, right? the same government and media operatives who brazenly and openly lied in the past surely learned their lessons, that must be why they got to keep their jobs!

and you can definitely believe the latest campaign to pin the nordstream sabotage on plausibly-deniable ukrainian operatives. no state involvement here, no sir! i mean yes, for months, the officialdom's line that putin the madman did it for unspecified reasons was unquestionable. but the spooks in langley got to the bottom of this stone-cold whodunit, and wouldn't you know it, now our intrepid truth-tellers are all in on that story. the system works! plus, if you can't trust the CIA, well who can you trust?
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

Oh we totally bombed that ipeline

Buden and whoever helped him should be charged with war crimes/crimes against humanity and punished but they wont be.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Yes they were saying back then that it was the Russians themselves who bombed that pipeline to deny the Germans gas!

Right now they're still saying that it was a 'false flag' event where Russia hit their own property and blamed it on others.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

nah, everyone turned on a dime as of yesterday. it's rogue ukrainians now!

which, even supposing that were technically true, wouldn't rule out US orchestration, since we've been using non-state proxies for covert operations for decades. but the idea that some randos rented a yacht and did it on their own is patently absurd.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Who
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

my thoughts on this is that war is bad
more metal
Corpsepyre

Post by Corpsepyre »

"don't believe a word from the Western press and government agencies about this war."

Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Yesterday, March 8 2023: Carnegie Institute wrote the headline: Russia’s Bite No Longer Matches Its Bark in Ukraine

Exactly next day March 9 2023: Russia "unleashes drone and missile strike, using hypersonic missiles that cannot be evaded, knocking out power and causing devastation."
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

https://spotify.link/XWgHjIo91xb

Interview with Seymour Hersh. Listen to it.
Corpsepyre

Post by Corpsepyre »

vO)))id wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 00:42
https://spotify.link/XWgHjIo91xb

Interview with Seymour Hersh. Listen to it.
Let's not, lol. dude's turned into a journalism equivalent of 'My uncle works at Valve and told me about Half-Life 3 releasing next year, and it's true because he's my uncle'.
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

If you don't appreciate the western free press what about some russian journalism. Anna would like to talk to you :idea:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Yes both sides use propaganda. I dispise the US government just as much as the Russian. But maybe listen to other sources for once instead of keeping to swim in your safe space a.k.a. ignorance.

The Twitter files. The Lockdown files.
Von der Leyen/the EU's contracts and plans with the USA and their billion dollar war machine.

You can choose to ignore all that. You can choose not to dig deeper. Believe whatever you want.

I just want governments to start talking about peace.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

peace will never be possible so long as the US remains intact and able to exert some form of hegemonic power over the globe. europe has no meaningful political sovereignty and won't so long as the NATO structures remain intact. and i'm not too optimistic about what comes next, given that the west has systematically suppressed any potential moderating force from organizing over the past century. the people in control of the military and security services and the people with the guns, those groups who are in a position to fill a power vacuum in the (extremely unlikely) event of a western power vacuum aren't going to be any better than the current crop. shit's real bleak out there, folks!
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

This entire thread is like walking into the middle of a conversation between newsmax and fox news ffs….
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

nobody here is advocating for war with china (which is the favored war of the conservative faction, a position enthusiastically advocated by those outlets) so i'm not sure where you're getting that from

i think we are mostly just in agreement that the US-russian war is bad and that the world would be better off without it. and without imperialist domination more generally.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

:idea:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

no arguments with stormy in this thread
more metal
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

No arguments on MABB then it is time to quit. It has been interesting :santa:
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

i thought the war was in ukraine
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Informative presentation on the world crisis today.

Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

the soviet onion has many layers