march check in

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
zim
Zim(a)

march check in

Post by zim »

everyone still alive? the mabb has been slowing down, we are getting old, we will be replaced with ai versions of ourselves soon

i am fine, still kind of living on autopilot. looking forward to warm weather so that i might be burnt by the sun

Grudge
Metal God

Re: march check in

Post by Grudge »

What do you think about these banks going bust again? Starting to feel a bit like 2008.
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

From what I’ve read it seems like it’s a direct result of deregulation that was implanted during the last administration... Frankly - saw it coming a mile away, it was just a matter of time. I am of the opinion that if these banks fuck up, they don't get a goddamn bailout - they get shut down, the depositors get made whole, and anyone who took a chance on them by having unsecured debt can file for restitution later.

Housing market needs to be next.

As for March - doing okay. Just got over a nasty cold (thankfully just a cold). at the end of February I flew down to Florida to see my grandpa on his deathbed one last time, he passed at the beginning of March at the age of 103 and will be greatly missed. On more upbeat news - I won an award at work (top department metrics for 2022 out of 76 in the region) and will be going to the official city of the chicago cubs at the end of the month for a banquet dinner. Only been doing this gig for just under 2 years so it’s nice to get recognized.
rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
slugbait
Dope Priest

Post by slugbait »

Got an interview in about an hour. Have a way better feeling about this one than the last one.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Good luck!
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

march has been fine so far. had a blast in NYC this past weekend
Mesarthim wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 23:19
From what I’ve read it seems like it’s a direct result of deregulation that was implanted during the last administration... Frankly - saw it coming a mile away, it was just a matter of time. I am of the opinion that if these banks fuck up, they don't get a goddamn bailout - they get shut down, the depositors get made whole, and anyone who took a chance on them by having unsecured debt can file for restitution later.

depositors shouldn't be made whole, because they made a conscious decision to keep millions of dollars in uninsured deposits. the fact that they're too stupid to understand basic treasury management (they all signed away the right to be able to do that by accepting venture funding) should not be the public's problem. the absurd thing is they wouldn't have even lost all that much, probably 10-15% haircut after completion of asset sales. but the VC bros spent all weekend trying to foment a wider panic and our corrupt idiot fucking government just immediately caves to their demands. it makes me so fucking mad
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Senator Mark Kelly Called For Social Media Censorship To Prevent Bank Runs

https://public.substack.com/p/exclusive ... lly-called

:lol: :frown:
Ryeknow
Ancient One

Post by Ryeknow »

Sorry to hear about your grandpa lummo, 103 is a hell of a run :xx:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

yeah sorry bout pops lumbergher, 103 is very good, i will aim for that

my march is more of the same, busy as fuckiticus unfortunately
more metal
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

jawn galliano wrote:
14 Mar 2023, 04:02
Mesarthim wrote:

depositors shouldn't be made whole, because they made a conscious decision to keep millions of dollars in uninsured deposits. the fact that they're too stupid to understand basic treasury management (they all signed away the right to be able to do that by accepting venture funding) should not be the public's problem. the absurd thing is they wouldn't have even lost all that much, probably 10-15% haircut after completion of asset sales. but the VC bros spent all weekend trying to foment a wider panic and our corrupt idiot fucking government just immediately caves to their demands. it makes me so fucking mad
TIMELINE OF EVENTS

1. Oh, virus! Print 40% of cash ever printed in 2 months.

2. Oh, inflation! It’s transitory and the fault of greedy capitalist pigs anyway.

3. Oh, inflation real! Raise interest rates more in 3 quarters than ever in history.

4. Oh, bank runs! blame tech.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i mean, it was the tech sector that deliberately knifed SVB, so yes, there is plenty of blame to blame to assign there. certainly not the only bad actors involved, just the loudest and most obnoxious ones.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

3 Banks have collapsed so far. There may be one more.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

all three were very similar cases (hyperconcentrated deposit base in volatile industries + heavy on pre-rate-rise, long-dated treasuries & MBS), as of now i don't think there's much reason to worry about wider contagion. banks with proper risk management should be just fine. while it's probably the case that most banks are carrying a lot of similar unrealized MTM losses, that only matters if there's a major flight that requires them to actually liquidate.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

do i need to withdraw my money and put it in my mattress or what
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

jawn galliano wrote:
Mesarthim wrote:

Wow i thought we would be at odds here but we aren’t

For the record:

Deregulation had fuvk all to do with this fiasco. It had to do with artifically keeping interest rstes low than suddenly raising them. This meant the treasury bonds many banks bought to compensate risky investments were worth less than when they bought them and thry could no longer reconcile but big orange man is responsible for everything when both parties forced this situation intentionally. I think to try to centralize currency and control of wealth but currently thats a conspiracy.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

zim wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 03:39
do i need to withdraw my money and put it in my mattress or what
Maybe buy gold.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

Noyka wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 06:15
jawn galliano wrote:
Mesarthim wrote:

For the record:

Deregulation had fuvk all to do with this fiasco. It had to do with artifically keeping interest rstes low than suddenly raising them. This meant the treasury bonds many banks bought to compensate risky investments were worth less than when they bought them and thry could no longer reconcile but big orange man is responsible for everything when both parties forced this situation intentionally. I think to try to centralize currency and control of wealth but currently thats a conspiracy.
it's both of those things, and others. the structural factors impact everyone, but SVB being treated as a regional put it under the AUM threshold that required the kind of stress testing that could've revealed this vulnerability. it's factually correct to say bag of diarrhea inside another, bigger bag of diarrhea is responsible for passing that bit of deregulation, but mostly pointless, because both parties govern in the interest of the finance sector because that is what the state does in a capitalist system.

control of wealth is already mostly centralized, again, just the natural consequence of capitalism. also the reason why centralized currency is a nonstarter, for the usual mundane consideration of too many entrenched private interests getting cut out, but also illicit finance is an important instrument of covert power.

the wealthy are always conspiring to get more for themselves, this is just how power operates, they don't blindly stumble around and miraculously come up ahead every single time by sheer dumb luck. they make plans and because they have immense resources, they are able to execute them, obviously with varying degrees of success. crank conspiracies loom large in the public imagination precisely to dissuade from thinking about the actual ones that have set the course of modern history. oh well
Noyka
Ancient One

Post by Noyka »

jawn galliano wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 09:44
Noyka wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 06:15
jawn galliano wrote:
Mesarthim wrote:

For the record:

it's both of those things, and others. the structural factors impact everyone, but SVB being treated as a regional put it under the AUM threshold that required the kind of stress testing that could've revealed this vulnerability. it's factually correct to say bag of diarrhea inside another, bigger bag of diarrhea is responsible for passing that bit of deregulation, but mostly pointless, because both parties govern in the interest of the finance sector because that is what the state does in a capitalist system.

control of wealth is already mostly centralized, again, just the natural consequence of capitalism. also the reason why centralized currency is a nonstarter, for the usual mundane consideration of too many entrenched private interests getting cut out, but also illicit finance is an important instrument of covert power.

the wealthy are always conspiring to get more for themselves, this is just how power operates, they don't blindly stumble around and miraculously come up ahead every single time by sheer dumb luck. they make plans and because they have immense resources, they are able to execute them, obviously with varying degrees of success. crank conspiracies loom large in the public imagination precisely to dissuade from thinking about the actual ones that have set the course of modern history. oh well
I should say centralized digital currency. This would be a massive (but expected) power grab. As of this moment it is a conspiracy.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

yeah, i just think it's not going to happen (at least in the way people imagine) for a lot of reasons. key among them, that the security-military-intelligence apparatus can't conduct covert operations with plausible deniability without untraceable cash, and that is a crucial element of modern statecraft and the maintenance of the existing social order.

anyway this is the kind of bullshit i am thinking about here in the month of march
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

CBDC indeed. EU, WEF, USA. They are all openly discussing the options. Even our queen is. :frown: programmable digital money, folks. Ate too much meat this week? Sorry, can't travel. Shit like that will be a reality then.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

Look at all this fancy pants discussion
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

it is march

soon it shall be april

time progresses continually
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

april :ba:
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

a préyul
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
User
Metal God

Post by User »

sick cunt ful
more metal
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i took last week off for a birthday vacation

also i had the worst flu of my life the entire week

i am now recovering
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

fuck that was a long miserable week
Ryeknow
Ancient One

Post by Ryeknow »

How old are you now zim? 67?
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

His hairline is
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

:homework:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i think i'm 33
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Hey zim :santa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

hey

i don't feel sick any more but i feel super weak and tired fuck
slugbait
Dope Priest

Post by slugbait »

Still looking for new work :necro:
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

zim wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 06:41
hey

i don't feel sick any more but i feel super weak and tired fuck
The bounce back from being sick like that is the fucking worst. I was down and out for quite a few days right after Christmas till a few days into the new year. I didn't feel back to normal till about mid January.
Ninny wrote:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

yeah i'm over it, feeling better every day but coughing like a cunt now and still tired. currently dealing with trying to get my mom moved in a short amount of time which is crazy stressful, really need to time travel like a month from now
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

shit this splendid mate of mine is almost over, soon we'll be checking in on april

shit man
Skinfection wrote:
super Jesus people
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

closing out march with a dental exam that went much better than expected

but also closing it out going to war with ssense customer service. those bitches didn't announce the close of sale season (as they ordinarily do) and i had some big ass boots in my cart last night ready to check out. went to complete the order this morning and the price reverted. bitched to customer service, they agreed to send a discount code to honor the price, then closed the ticket out 8 hours later and said 'lol jk sale's over, go fuck yourself'

:hate:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

zim wrote:
30 Mar 2023, 01:44
yeah i'm over it, feeling better every day but coughing like a cunt now and still tired. currently dealing with trying to get my mom moved in a short amount of time which is crazy stressful, really need to time travel like a month from now
still not feeling 100%, got a lingering cough and a slightly weird feeling in my chest. still tired. have never been so affected by a flu :homework:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

What are you doing to improve your overall health?
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

He's waiting on Dr. Gleeso
Ninny wrote:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

vO)))id wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 15:41
What are you doing to improve your overall health?
complaining mostly :redneck:
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

but for real i haven't had the energy to do much at all. this definitely has me feeling like i need to make some healthy changes though.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Methuselah Honeysuckle wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 16:17
He's waiting on Dr. Gleeso
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Yeah that's the mental trap for most people. We only tend to think about our health and improving it when we're sick.