So my company has a new CEO and he's slowly but surely removing remote work

Shoot the shit with other metal folk. Free discussion on any topic that doesn't suit the other forums. Avoid mentioning carpet.
shadowalk
Metal God

So my company has a new CEO and he's slowly but surely removing remote work

Post by shadowalk »

We're now required to report to the office 3 days in a week. Come November, he has plans to increase that to 4 days. He's a traditional tool from BNY Mellon and he believes that:

"It is important to remember that being part of the company involves more than performing your daily work assignments. We're all responsible for sustaining and strengthening our culture, providing informal and formal mentorship and apprenticeship to colleagues across the organization and participating in the life of our company through events, ERG meetings and other activities. We believe the office plays a vital role in building and sustaining the personal networks at the heart of our success as a company." (lifted straight from the official email) :fuckoff: :fuckoff: :fuckoff:

Our previous CEO was awesome and our company was known to be very liberal when it comes to remote work options even before the pandemic. And speaking of the pandemic, those 2 years have proven that we can properly do our work without going to the office. The only ones complaining are those idiots who run the ERGs because very few people are participating (because those ERGs are merely just useless meetings and zoom calls) and I have a feeling they managed to snake their way to the good graces of the new CEO. :fuckoff:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Re: So my company has a new CEO and he's slowly but surely removing remote work

Post by jawn galliano »

sorry, that fucking blows. do you still work in 3D modelling stuff? how'd you get stuck with a banker boss :homework:

i have been very lucky, we've been hybrid with a requirement of five onsite days per month, but there's zero compliance tracking or enforcement so i don't usually even hit that :redneck:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i have been craving a little office structure lately :oldryan:
more metal
slugbait
Dope Priest

Post by slugbait »

Sounds like he realizes how much he's paying for office space and instead of compensating he's making everyone just go in. Sucks.
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

shadowalk wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 11:42
being part of the company involves more

sustaining and strengthening our culture, providing informal and formal mentorship and apprenticeship to colleagues across the organization

participating in the life of our company

the office plays a vital role in

the heart of our

company"
absolutely motherfuck every bit of this sentiment
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

That fucking sucks, man. Sorry.
Grudge
Metal God

Post by Grudge »

User wrote:
29 Apr 2023, 19:20
i have been craving a little office structure lately :oldryan:
Me too. I work from home myself, and I don't miss the commute, but I think I'm missing out on a good bit of personal development with the absence of the office environment.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i miss a little bit of the socialness at my office but not enough to warrant going back. also my office is small and everyone more or less had their own private office so it was already pretty anti-social

shit sucks shadow, maybe it won't be permanent