Just bought this bad boy from Walmart (Mouse)

Chat about your non-music hobbies here: from concocting beer and cider to Dark Souls, gardening, Canary Squats and beyond.
Grudge
Metal God

Just bought this bad boy from Walmart (Mouse)

Post by Grudge »

I actually didn't think that a mouse was important but lately I felt that my $12 mouse was giving me problems so when shopping around I looked this one up. Sure is smooth.

User
Metal God

Re: Just bought this bad boy from Walmart (Mouse)

Post by User »

i have never bought a special mouse. my big upgrade was from rollerball to optical, wow
more metal
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

I ain't need no fancy mousing
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

i've got the razer naga, second one now actually because i wore the first one out over 3 years of abuse

https://www.razer.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga

don't really care for razer stuff in general but it's the best for its niche which is a mouse with 12 extra buttons on it which lets you have like 48 hotkeys with ctrl/shift/etc. modifiers. first thing i did with both was disable the bullshit RGB lighting

extremely useful for FFXIV and absolutely nothing else, but i can't function in that game without it
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-M65-Pro- ... sair+mouse

this mouse is super cheap right now, been using about a year and i love it
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

The left click button on my g500s broke down after a few years of diablo 3. It kept on double clicking by itself. :oldryan:

I’m using the cheaper g-pro now. It’s an optical mouse but somehow it feels more sturdy than my old g500s.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

My main mouse is a Kingston Expert mouse.
For gaming I use my beloved Zowie EC-2B. Best mouse ever.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

I always thought Kingston only makes RAM sticks and SSDs.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

this just came in today :xx: plays great in WoW
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

shadowalk wrote:Image

this just came in today :xx: plays great in WoW
nice, it's a great MMO mouse

if my current one breaks i think i'll just unsub for good :redneck:
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

The mouse is awesome! Better than I was hoping for. After a few hours of WoW, I am in the same boat as you are with FFXIV where you can't play the game without it. I completely understand now. I'm definitely staying home more on weekends now more than ever. :krinor:

But this Razer Synapse app is rubbish. Seems like one big piece of bloatware where all you want to do is reassign the buttons and change the color. I'm a longtime G500s user and the Logitech software was much more easier to use than this.

Initially, I was torn between this and the new Logitech G604 but I didn't want a wireless mouse so I chose this instead. I probably would have ended up with the Logitech if that one was wired. This is my first Razer product. That little manufacturer's note in the packaging :alien:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

oh yeah synapse is trash and the best thing you can do is disable it on startup. i had to upgrade to synapse 3 when i got the naga trinity (had the older version before it) and it caused my PC to hard crash constantly. the older synapse was annoying but at least functional, i have no idea what the fuck happened
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

still using that corsair mouse i posted and it rocks. they also sell it for like 40 bucks at walmat now which is cool
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

i just saw this in our local amazon equivalent - some cheap chinese knockoff of who knows what :redneck:

PHP 299 so that's less than USD $5. I may just get one and use it at the workplace and see how long it lasts. :ba:

Also I like the fact that their promo image of a gaming mouse includes Sub Zero, who is from a fighting game.
shadowalk
Metal God

Post by shadowalk »

hey stormy, that naga trinity i just bought last february started double-clicking on the left mouse button last month.

now the sensor is malfunctioning - when I do a camera turn in WoW (right click + mouse movement), it would sometimes abruptly stop and move again (or stop at all for a few seconds) even though i'm positive i dragged the mouse. looks like this will be the first and last time i will ever purchase a razer mouse. :judge:

now the logitech g600 that i ordered just came in and i must say, it's all kinds of win. :idea: this is exactly what i should've bought in the first place but i wasn't looking hard enough and it's not in logitech's official local catalog so i had to order one overseas. now i feel i wasted good bling on that razer :oldryan:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Logitecs and Zowie mice ftw.

Finalmouse ultralights are amazing too.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

I used logitech gaming mice for years but they all died the same way, at least three of them. after about two years they would randomly lose power for a few seconds. the support was really cool because they kept sending me replacements.

I switched over to a steel series which lasted for about a year and then finally settled on a Corsair which has lasted the longest so far
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

shadowalk wrote:hey stormy, that naga trinity i just bought last february started double-clicking on the left mouse button last month.

now the sensor is malfunctioning - when I do a camera turn in WoW (right click + mouse movement), it would sometimes abruptly stop and move again (or stop at all for a few seconds) even though i'm positive i dragged the mouse. looks like this will be the first and last time i will ever purchase a razer mouse. :judge:

now the logitech g600 that i ordered just came in and i must say, it's all kinds of win. :idea: this is exactly what i should've bought in the first place but i wasn't looking hard enough and it's not in logitech's official local catalog so i had to order one overseas. now i feel i wasted good bling on that razer :oldryan:
literally started having the same problem with the left click 2 weeks ago. it's not a problem for gaming for the most part (only really playing FFXIV on PC at the moment and all the action there is on the 12-button panel), but it makes the day to day shit absolutely miserable. currently in RMA purgatory waiting ages on razer support to give me a shipping label (or more likely to tell me to fuck myself even though it's still under warranty)

i had a g600 years ago and it was a tank, i loved it. only reason i went to razer was the naga was the only equivalent product available when the logitech shit the bed, but it seems it's back in production (and a hell of a lot cheaper to boot)

i've grown accustomed to the naga form factor since i've been using it for 4 years now but i can easily readjust. if i can't get an advance replacement on the naga i'm gonna buy another g600 and swerve razer forever
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

For me nothing is better than the zowie ec2b with my Japanese Artisan Hien med mousepad, size Large. Those mousepads are the best in the world.