more illud stuff...

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Conservative_Heretic
Ancient One
Location: Whores are people too ... And they like getting fucked ... Oblige them

Re: more illud stuff...

Post by Conservative_Heretic »

Okay.

Maybe i should
Fuck 'em
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

Blades for Baal has an awesome solo, but it could be Thor's solo? Would make sense since he wrote the song.
shubniggurath

Post by shubniggurath »

[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name="zim"]
[quote name=";,,;"]You what is ironic about Radikult sounding so much like Marilyn Manson? In a couple interviews last year, Marilyn Manson said he wanted to do a death metal album next. Plus, Manson's best material had Sean Beavan co-producing.

Something strange is happening...[/quote]

in mansons early years his voice could have been interesting on some death metal[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Twiggy was in a death metal band before joining Manson. I cannot recall the name. I must dig out my copy of Long Hard Road Out of Hell and look.[/quote]

My bad -- it was a speed metal cover band and there was also a thrash band.[/quote]

It was a really good thrash band called Amboog-a-lard. I have the demos on tape. Jeordie was a really tight rhythm guitar player. They had great songs, often Star Wars themed but without being gimmicky about it.

<!-- m -->http://www.hypgnostic.com<!-- m -->
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="slimegod"]
[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name="zim"]
[quote name=";,,;"]You what is ironic about Radikult sounding so much like Marilyn Manson? In a couple interviews last year, Marilyn Manson said he wanted to do a death metal album next. Plus, Manson's best material had Sean Beavan co-producing.

Something strange is happening...[/quote]

in mansons early years his voice could have been interesting on some death metal[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Twiggy was in a death metal band before joining Manson. I cannot recall the name. I must dig out my copy of Long Hard Road Out of Hell and look.[/quote]

My bad -- it was a speed metal cover band and there was also a thrash band.[/quote]

It was a really good thrash band called Amboog-a-lard. I have the demos on tape. Jeordie was a really tight rhythm guitar player. They had great songs, often Star Wars themed but without being gimmicky about it.[/quote]

His first band was The Ethiopians (the speed metal cover band) which he was in simultaneously as Amboog-A-Lard.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

didn't twiggy write the majority of mansons hits?
the dead vote well wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="zim"]didn't twiggy write the majority of mansons hits?[/quote]

Not that I'm aware of. They collaborated a lot on Antichrist, Portrait was musically mostly Daisy, and I don't know about later albums.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

I have the illud cd, and i like it. mostly. :santa:
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Pre-order? I preordered mine but received no mail today. Perhaps it will come tomorrow?
;,,;
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Second listen, of so, will be with booklet in hand.

I want to like it so bad because I've waited so long, but (especially after the initial listen) I do not believe it will improve my impression.
;,,;
TamPron
Metal God

Post by TamPron »

record store my buddy works at got it early. They do all their shit by pen and paper, so they can get away with it i guess.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

:xx:

Look at trhe wonders insomnia does for my typing! :oldryan:
;,,;
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness

Post by RitesOfPossession »

I'm looking forward to the shitstorm which will ensue in a couple of days when everyone who's holding of listening to the leak get their copies.
^_____________^
Ancient One
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body

Post by ^_____________^ »

Pulsar; what you're doing has happened to me before so many fucking times. I listen to the record in anticipation and like it no matter what, then like a week later I realize holy shit what the fuck is this fucking awful shit :homework:
Gmajnar

Post by Gmajnar »

What could Morbid Angel ever do to you people, that most of you fall so low with your ugly insults and other sub-Human behavior towards them?

They gave you soooooo much, as you people often say on MABB threads too.

Now in 2011 with Illud, we got an album that a lot of you can't relate to, but how can a normal friendly person vomit upon something, that he ''respected'' before?

What you really respect, you just DON'T make a fool off! It's totally cool to not like the album, but you CAN allways stay respectful, if you've got RESPECT in the first place!

Woooow, that starpack looks insanely good with that Insane cover! :idea:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

sorry but the album is at best a bad joke and i've got no obligation to respect that. IDI is fucking garbage, and i'm going to call it just that. morbid angel are adults, i think they can handle a little criticism about their inexcusably shitty work.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Gmajnar"]What could Morbid Angel ever do to you people, that most of you fall so low with your ugly insults and other sub-Human behavior towards them?

Now in 2011 with Illud, we got an album that a lot of you can't relate to, but how can a normal friendly person vomit upon something, that he ''respected'' before?

What you really respect, you just DON'T make a fool off! It's totally cool to not like the album, but you CAN allways stay respectful, if you've got RESPECT in the first place!

Woooow, that starpack looks insanely good with that Insane cover! :idea:[/quote]

So, by your reasoning, we should pretend to not dislike something we dislike because they've in the past produced things we like? This is illogical.
;,,;
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards

Post by Verbal »

I think he was saying you should express your dislike for the labum in a more respectful way.
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

I don't think we should chili cheese fries ourselves in how we express our opinions on any piece of music released.
;,,;
^_____________^
Ancient One

I can deal with that, I've always wanted to show utmost respect for the feelings of those I've never met about something that they enjoy.

:redneck:
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="Gmajnar"]What could Morbid Angel ever do to you people, that most of you fall so low with your ugly insults and other sub-Human behavior towards them?

Woooow, that starpack looks insanely good with that Insane cover! :idea:[/quote]

HUH?

It's called integrity. If a person I like relinquishes integrity for something less substantial would I respect that? '

No.

A band is no different.

Especially when they know better - as evident in their track record.
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One

Post by Hallucinating dead »

[/quote]

The only thing ive puked upon on this board is YOU. :lol:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="^_____________^"]Pulsar; what you're doing has happened to me before so many fucking times. I listen to the record in anticipation and like it no matter what, then like a week later I realize holy shit what the fuck is this fucking awful shit :homework:[/quote]

Sorry, I completely overlooked this post.

Yeah, I fully expect its appeal to wear off in a few days. It is sad. I am hopeful it'll grow on me but my mind knows better.
;,,;
^_____________^
Ancient One

:tear: life

This brings back such bad memories of 2008 when A Sense of Purpose came out.
Gmajnar

Post by Gmajnar »

Verbal - thanks for reading my post corectly, it doesn't matter if you agree with me or not, at least you don't attack blindly.

lavaGhoul - I don't mind if people on MABB ''puke'' on me, but it's disgraceful to watch as Morbid Angel fans (or former fans) puke upon Morbid Angel!

TranscendingMusic - I'm surprised you didn't write an essay on my post with that highly intelectual vocabulary of yours. And no need with trying to find a similar example, even if it's similar it's not the same - I was talking of respect towards Morbid Angel only.

What you are saying than is that you aren't grateful/respectful enough of Morbid Angel from the era of 1984 to 2003, that you could be respectful about them now in 2011 with only one album that you don't like?

Pulsar (I think it's you?) - again you read the opposite than it writes, maybe you are just in a hurry to put me down and you make mistakes :redneck:

You mentioned that you don't want to chili cheese fries yourself towards MA? That to me means you don't respect MA for real in the first place, if you need to chili cheese fries yourself not to sound disrespectful!

Derek Waters - who's talking about OBLIGATION to respect them? Either you do (RESPECT THEM) or you don't, it's THAT simple! Nothing to think about here!

And it's not about them ''not handling the criticism'' (they can definetely handle this kind of attitude from anybody), it's about ugliness and low-values of this criticism!
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

Yea dude you completely missed the point. Did you read towards the ends or did you get tired from comprehending?

It makes no difference who it is. If it's a band or a person I respect or like, there are reasons for it. It's not willy nilly.

The most respectful thing we can do right now as true fans is to denounce this album. May be that will push them into

the direction of musicality that created the fan base to begin with. Please think about what you're saying rather than insulting

my intellect (which is quite fashionable it seems amongst the mentally vanquished).

THINK: there's a good reason we're fans of morbid angel for 20 or whatever years now. Illud or anything like it didn't exist until 2011. Do the math!
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Gmajnar"]Pulsar (I think it's you?) - again you read the opposite than it writes, maybe you are just in a hurry to put me down and you make mistakes :redneck:

You mentioned that you don't want to chili cheese fries yourself towards MA? That to me means you don't respect MA for real in the first place, if you need to chili cheese fries yourself not to sound disrespectful![/quote]

To chili cheese fries yourself to someone you respect would be an act of disrespect. I would not lie nor sugar-coat to those I respect because I respect them. If someone needs to be coddled, there's a high chance I don't respect them. There are significant parts to this album I find horrible. That doesn't mean I don't respect them for the great things they've done. I made no mistakes in my post. I'm wondering about your ability to read and comprehend it -- the initial post seemed pretty damn clear. Language barrier? If that's the case, I can try to explain it in another way for you, man.
;,,;
Those Insane Gods

Post by Those Insane Gods »

You don't respect anyone lol. Be honest about it.

:fonz:
http://wheretheslimelives.blogspot.com/ - blog dedicated to the angel of morbidity
Abzu
Postwhore

Post by Abzu »

Who can't get enough of who? :necro: Go bait someone else, troll.

:zzz:
;,,;
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name="Gmajnar"]Pulsar (I think it's you?) - again you read the opposite than it writes, maybe you are just in a hurry to put me down and you make mistakes :redneck:

You mentioned that you don't want to chili cheese fries yourself towards MA? That to me means you don't respect MA for real in the first place, if you need to chili cheese fries yourself not to sound disrespectful![/quote]

To chili cheese fries yourself to someone you respect would be an act of disrespect. I would not lie nor sugar-coat to those I respect because I respect them. If someone needs to be coddled, there's a high chance I don't respect them. There are significant parts to this album I find horrible. That doesn't mean I don't respect them for the great things they've done. I made no mistakes in my post. I'm wondering about your ability to read and comprehend it -- the initial post seemed pretty damn clear. Language barrier? If that's the case, I can try to explain it in another way for you, man.[/quote]

Bam
Those Insane Gods

[quote name=";,,;"]troll.[/quote]

Throwing stones while living in a glass house is a very STUPID thing to do. Troll. :shake:
http://wheretheslimelives.blogspot.com/ - blog dedicated to the angel of morbidity
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Whheeee
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="Those Insane Gods"]You don't respect anyone lol. Be honest about it.

:fonz:[/quote]

I respect this whole damn board and everybody who posts here. If they had a favorable opinion about this album they kept it as an opinion. But for the most part, more importantly,

everybody who didn't like it stood up to the fact that this is not Morbid. i was pleasantly suprised by that courage and truthfulness: that just because we love previous works doesn't mean

we had to automatically embrace this musical digression. That I fucking respect.
Those Insane Gods

I don't care about people being honest. I care about people bringing something to the table. This board is a mess right now with heaps of non-sense threads/posts that should be deleted. Especially so that the good shit has a chance to stand out (including the critical stuff of course). But our beloved moderator seems to be too busy writing stuff like "poop" and "wheeee" right now. I can only hope he sobers up soon enough. :idea:
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

this subforum is a mess because of your piss-poor trolling and people responding to it over and over and over, even though it's been thoroughly established that you serve no purpose here other than to get people wound up. so hopefully that will be rectified soon
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

I say those things because there is no way having a normal conversation or discussion with you.

So, POOP to you! badboy!
Tea
God of Emptiness

Post by Tea »

The reason the "good shit" hasn't had a chance to shine out is because virtually nearly everyone thinks it's fairly shit in the bad sense of shit. :santa:
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

[quote name="Those Insane Gods"]I don't care about people being honest[/quote]...</superflous post cut>

Yep, that pretty much sums you up right there, thanks.

Good luck with your remaining time on this board.
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Oh, and haven't you noticed all the locked threads during the last few weeks?

We almost never had to lock anything, so :fuckoff:
Those Insane Gods

:tear:

:lol:
vO)))id
Metal God

Post by vO)))id »

Here we go again

POOP
happiness and harmony
Postwhore

Post by happiness and harmony »

the dead vote well wrote:
01 Jun 2011, 22:50
i agree that pooping into a hole in the ground next to your bed is preferable to pooping in the bed itself
Skinfection wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User
Metal God

Post by User »

i also agree

the hole should also be of sufficient depth and width to make things easy, more like a trench really
more metal