Pete Sandoval joins I Am Morbid for upcoming tour

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
-M-
Ancient One

Pete Sandoval joins I Am Morbid for upcoming tour

Post by -M- »

PETE “COMMANDO” SANDOVAL REUNITES WITH DAVID VINCENT FOR UPCOMING TOUR!
#IAmMorbid announces that Pete “Commando” Sandoval has reunited with David Vincent for the first time in 12 years and will be performing drums with the band on their upcoming #MorbidFestTour2022.
Headlined by I Am Morbid, MorbidFest Tour 2022 is dedicated to the 30-year anniversary of the release of the ‘Blessed Are The Sick’ album and will hit the road in Europe and the UK later this month with support from #Belphegor and #Hate.
I Am Morbid, the band formed by original Morbid Angel vocalist and bassist, David Vincent, alongside guitarists Bill Hudson (NorthTale, Doro) and Kelly McLauchlin (Pessimist), performs Vincent-era classics from Morbid Angel‘s ‘Altars of Madness’, ‘Blessed Are The Sick’, ‘Covenant’ and ‘Domination’ albums of which, Pete Sandoval recorded and performed while with Morbid Angel from 1988 to 2010. #DavidVincent #PeteSandoval THE FLAMING ARTS AGENCY

Code: Select all

https://www.facebook.com/IAMMORBIDBand/posts/2086628244839165
zim
Zim(a)

Re: Pete Sandoval joins I Am Morbid for upcoming tour

Post by zim »

it's really cool that pete is going to be playing ma material but iammorbid still sucks without trey
Humwawa
Mature Neophyte

Post by Humwawa »

This I AM MORBID thing is getting totally ridiculous :piss1: Let me explain guys:

1) First of all, we don't doubt any of the performances Vincent and Commando ever did on the classic albums, man. They are superb in many ways and they were obviously a big part for the success of MA. So both guys have any right to be proud on their achievements on those classics. But we all know the real brainchild on those albums was Trey. He was the genius, the wizard, the creator :xx: !!! He is the hard-on bearer that orchestrated it all and gave the other guys in the band the material and the platform to shine on. So, it's all a matter of respect basically. Respect for their old companion! If Trey would've been dead, it would be a whole other story. It would be like what they're doing with Chuck these days. You know, those tribute bands like Death To All and stuff, keeping the music of DEATH alive and so. That's understandable. IAM is NOT understandable! It's basically living of someone else's achievements, while he is still alive. It stinks and it's all about commercial exploitation. If Richard was still alive, he'd probably been invited to IAM too. Just to make it 3/4th of the classic lineup and trying to give it more credibility. But even then you would still here Trey is not playing on those songs and they're a cover band. His style is just so unmatched by any other guitarist playing those songs.

2) My second point is: on the upcoming Morbidfest IAM wants to put the 'Blessed' album in the spotlight. Now let me go through the song credits for this one. Pete has none. David has none of the 4 instrumentals (that added a great deal to the atmosphere of the album imo). That leaves 9 real songs, of which David only wrote 6 and a half lyrics and none of the music. And knowing David's motives for IAM is playing the old MA songs he co-wrote, that just leaves out 'Abominations', 'The Ancient Ones' and even 'Unholy Blasphemies' permanently. Three über MA classic songs who are just essentiel for the success of that album. They were even scheduled as the grand finale on that album!!!

Now, I know many people will probably have a great time on the upcoming IAM tours, not bothered by anything I worte here. But as a huge fan of the band since the 80's (and ever since), I just feel like defending Trey here. As there wouldn't be any classic MA albums to celebrate, if it wasn't for him. So David should better be concentrating on his band Ultimas (which is great by the way) and Pete on Terrorizer. And they should leave whatever celebration there is to do on classic MA albums to The Man himself, Trey fucking :xx: Azagthoth!!!!

I rest my case :beer:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

:santa:
more metal
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Didn't know Kelly was in this band
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
-M-
Ancient One

Post by -M- »

Humwawa wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 14:43
This I AM MORBID thing is getting totally ridiculous :piss1: Let me explain guys:

1) First of all, we don't doubt any of the performances Vincent and Commando ever did on the classic albums, man. They are superb in many ways and they were obviously a big part for the success of MA. So both guys have any right to be proud on their achievements on those classics. But we all know the real brainchild on those albums was Trey. He was the genius, the wizard, the creator :xx: !!! He is the hard-on bearer that orchestrated it all and gave the other guys in the band the material and the platform to shine on. So, it's all a matter of respect basically. Respect for their old companion! If Trey would've been dead, it would be a whole other story. It would be like what they're doing with Chuck these days. You know, those tribute bands like Death To All and stuff, keeping the music of DEATH alive and so. That's understandable. IAM is NOT understandable! It's basically living of someone else's achievements, while he is still alive. It stinks and it's all about commercial exploitation. If Richard was still alive, he'd probably been invited to IAM too. Just to make it 3/4th of the classic lineup and trying to give it more credibility. But even then you would still here Trey is not playing on those songs and they're a cover band. His style is just so unmatched by any other guitarist playing those songs.

2) My second point is: on the upcoming Morbidfest IAM wants to put the 'Blessed' album in the spotlight. Now let me go through the song credits for this one. Pete has none. David has none of the 4 instrumentals (that added a great deal to the atmosphere of the album imo). That leaves 9 real songs, of which David only wrote 6 and a half lyrics and none of the music. And knowing David's motives for IAM is playing the old MA songs he co-wrote, that just leaves out 'Abominations', 'The Ancient Ones' and even 'Unholy Blasphemies' permanently. Three über MA classic songs who are just essentiel for the success of that album. They were even scheduled as the grand finale on that album!!!

Now, I know many people will probably have a great time on the upcoming IAM tours, not bothered by anything I worte here. But as a huge fan of the band since the 80's (and ever since), I just feel like defending Trey here. As there wouldn't be any classic MA albums to celebrate, if it wasn't for him. So David should better be concentrating on his band Ultimas (which is great by the way) and Pete on Terrorizer. And they should leave whatever celebration there is to do on classic MA albums to The Man himself, Trey fucking :xx: Azagthoth!!!!

I agree.

I never liked DV, he always seemed like arrogant rock star to me. I'm just curious why Pete wants to play with IAM. Does it have something to do with Trey's let's call it questionable opinions on his youtube channel or his DUI? Pete told that he doesn't want to play with Morbid Angel because of his religious views. How different is playing MA songs with MA to playing these same songs with IAM?
M.Bison
Ancient One

Post by M.Bison »

Money
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø

Post by Mesarthim »

M.Bison wrote:
04 Mar 2022, 01:09
Money

rhino wrote:
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

I've said this in 2018, ya wana do this kind of a project with missing the brainchild, whatever. But find some musicians who can play the riffs correctly and have the right feel. These guys DON'T.
bob_here
God of Emptiness

Post by bob_here »

-M- wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 18:16
Humwawa wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 14:43

I agree.

I never liked DV, he always seemed like arrogant rock star to me. I'm just curious why Pete wants to play with IAM. Does it have something to do with Trey's let's call it questionable opinions on his youtube channel or his DUI? Pete told that he doesn't want to play with Morbid Angel because of his religious views. How different is playing MA songs with MA to playing these same songs with IAM?
The easy answer to that is a lot of these artists are full of shit. Essentially nothing they say really sticks. It's all self-serving, convenient ideology. Much of the reason that I see a lot of metal and metalheads in general as pure show, no conviction.

Which "questionable opinions" btw?
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

Embarrassing :oldryan:
Arise212
Neophyte

Post by Arise212 »

Yeah
There's already some youtube videos up of the shows.

The only songs from Blessed that IAM have been playing are: "Fall From Grace, Day of Suffering & Blessed are the Sick" and that's it. Guitarist Bill Hudson plays "Desolate Ways" by himself later in the set. Why don't they at least play "Brainstorm" or "Rebel Lands?" Neither MA or IAM ever play those 2. I thought David has some lyric writing credit on them. It's supposed to be a "Blessed are the Sick" celebration right? Their set list is mostly the same that they always play. Oh they added Dead Shall Rise (Terrorizer cover) since Pete is playing on the tour.
Mutilator
Ancient One

Post by Mutilator »

Of corpse it's a money thing. Being a DM musician isn't making people wealthy. They're playing small venues. Just approach it as a cover band. It's a way to experience the songs live & loud. It's not like MA is very active, let alone planning to play Europe at all for years.
Olden Polynice
Ancient One

Post by Olden Polynice »

Speaking of Pete, I forgot to post this a while back.