Tourist attraction for Morbid Angel (or Hexenhaus) fans

Discuss the legendary band Morbid Angel here. For twenty years The Chapel has connected the morbid fanbase online.
Humwawa
Mature Neophyte

Tourist attraction for Morbid Angel (or Hexenhaus) fans

Post by Humwawa »

If you ever feel like visiting the capital of Europe and Belgium (I'm talking Brussels of course), then here's a nice tip!

The BATS cover is there to be seen in full glory :bang: . I'm talking the orginal shit of course: "Les Trésors de Satan" (Satan's treasures), painted in 1895 by my fellow Belgian artist JEAN DELVILLE. With its 2,58m x 2,68m it's quite impressive and it never fails to move me, as it reminds me of my youth and my absolute devotion to Morbid Angel in those days.

So before you dig into our delicious mussels, french fries, waffles and beer :beer: , do yourself a favour and visit the Royal Museum Of Fine Arts and experience the magic of this painting. If you want the shortcut to the painting: it's symbolically placed in the pits of hell of the museum (floor -8), at the very end of the tour :xx: .

Now someone inform those 20 fans of the band HEXENHAUS :rofls:

Here's me and the painting on a recent visit
Delville 1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vO)))id
Metal God

Re: Tourist attraction for Morbid Angel (or Hexenhaus) fans

Post by vO)))id »

Yeah it's really amazing in real life. I went to that museum many years ago on a school trip.
The painting is huge.
User
Metal God

Post by User »

fuck yeah! I wish i knew that when I was in brussels...
more metal
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

This is :thingy::::::
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

I saw it too :cool: There is lots of detail, you see Satan's treasures as coins and jewelry. But I believe there is also a 'counter' artwork in blue, what is that called Humwawa?
Humwawa
Mature Neophyte

Post by Humwawa »

Ninny wrote:
20 Jan 2023, 02:42
But I believe there is also a 'counter' artwork in blue, what is that called Humwawa?
You're probably refering to this one? This is called 'L'ange des splendeurs' (The Angel Of Splendour) and it's located near the 'Satan's..' painting.
Delville2.jpg
On a sidenote, this is another one from Jean Delville in the same vein of 'Satan's...'. It's called 'l'Homme Dieu" (The Man God) and used to be exposed at the Groeningemuseum in Bruges, near my hometown. Until they decided to ban it in favour of more smaller paintings, because it was too fucking HUUUUUUUGE (5m by 5m :o !!!!) I guess guys like Delville will always be outcasts in the world of mainstream art, which is probably why I love his work so much! Delville was definitely the Morbid Angel of his time :xx:
Delville3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

L'ange des splendeurs :xx:
User
Metal God

Post by User »

very fucking cool
more metal