[quote name="Maze"]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]
[quote name="TAM TAM"]
[quote name="mabb_"]Hammett>Yngwie[/quote][/quote]
Ehm........ NO.
Ritchie Blackmore was of course the main inspiration for Yngwie. But Yngwie amplified x 10000 times the way of Blackmore.
Blackmore is of course NOT able to play like Yngwie. But is also a normal concept that in the 70's THAT was the way of playing, and in the 80's speed and virtuosism reach its peak.
I don't know why Malmsteen is so criticized (not here, in general); but I think is just for the fact he is arrogant (but is a part of his public charachter....) Anyway he has also a lot of die hard fans.
[youtube]ZHFKV4b8iZ8[/youtube]

[/quote]
Malmsteen is techincally better than Blackmore but his songwriting is nothing compared to what Blackmore did on RISING, LONG LIVE ROCK n' ROLL, DOWN TO EARTH and DIFFICULT TO CURE. Malmsteen borrowed alot of stuff from those albums, so saying that Malmsteen was "first" with incoporating classical music into hardrock is just naive and silly. But hey, don't take it wrong. I love Yngwie Malmsteen, he is one of my favourite guitarists ever, but he owes ALOT, fucking ALOT of respect to Blackmore. Back in the days, in like 85 he dressed exactly the same, did the same moves on stage, copied the whole guitar-execution procedure from blackmore. He picked up his scalloped neck from Blackmore, he used his Mood Taurus exactly the way Blackmore did. Malmsteens 4 first albums is still awesome, but after that, everything slopped down, he started doing exactly same thing over and over again.[/quote]
I agree in all you write. Malmsteen is not a good songwriter, his idol is Blackmore and is clear. But anyway I think that Yngwie have his own personality. I don't consider him a copy of Blackmore.
p.s. Yngwie on stage is more savage than Ritchie.