[quote name="Zajebiste!"]Leave george alone, he's the new Joey Jordison.[/quote]
I think George does have some cool grooves (like the intro in Aeons of Burning). Blasting that fast and powerful with your wrists is hard, I hate when I hear some drummers blast and you can't hear the snare.
Joey Jordison is only well known because of Slipknot's HUGE fanbase.
You can barely hear the snare on AOTW. Maybe it's just a neil Kernon thing.
My reference to joey jordison was an obvious joke. I like both drummers but the two of them have become the internets wanking accessories and are far from my faves.
Jamie from ulcerate is just phenomenal. Just phenomenal. And you know he could tackle just about any type of metal intelligently too.
[quote name="Zajebiste!"]You can barely hear the snare on AOTW. Maybe it's just a neil Kernon thing.
My reference to joey jordison was an obvious make believe fairy. I like both drummers but the two of them have become the internets wanking accessories and are far from my faves.
Jamie from ulcerate is just phenomenal. Just phenomenal. And you know he could tackle just about any type of metal intelligently too.[/quote]
Yeah, the snare on AOTW was way, way quiet. And a big deal was made about it, in fact, because NDMG got banned from the nile board for obsessively spamming Neal with private messages about how he needed to make the snare louder when they were recording Ithyphallic.
George is pretty impressive but I don't like his work nearly as much as I like say... Derek Roddy. If nothing else, I just hate George's snare tuning. It's way, way, way too high for that type of death metal. Roddy's snare was a million times better on Black Seeds of Vengeance.
Anyway, Jamie is the man to beat right now, as far as I'm concerned.
Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
[quote name="hbw"]George is pretty impressive but I don't like his work nearly as much as I like say... Derek Roddy. If nothing else, I just hate George's snare tuning. It's way, way, way too high for that type of death metal. Roddy's snare was a million times better on Black Seeds of Vengeance.[/quote]
Yes, I agree (I am bigger Roddy fan than Kollias fan ).