-IMMOLATION-
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
-IMMOLATION-
Wich is your favourite? UNHOLY CULT for me
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Unholy Cult for me too.
But everything Immolation has done is

But everything Immolation has done is
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
Re: -IMMOLATION-
I liked Shadows in the Light
- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Close To A World Below for the I...but lately, the Immolation record that I'm usually blasting around the most is the latest one, Majesty And Decay.
Immolation is one of those few bands around that has always delivered the win and it seems like they're getting better with every record.
Immolation is one of those few bands around that has always delivered the win and it seems like they're getting better with every record.
- Foxi
- Mature Neophyte
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 21 Aug 2010, 00:31
- Location: Germany
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Currently : Close to a World Below
- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Close to a World Below by far.
- lavaBorn
- Member
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 19 Jan 2011, 14:52
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: -IMMOLATION-
i've never been able to settle on a favorite for this band. between here in after, failures, close to a world below, and (to a slightly lesser extent) unholy cult, there's just too much incredible material for me to make a definitive judgment. the quality kinda tapered off after that i think, with harnessing ruin being the low point in their career (i usually blame hernandez' departure for this, although i'm sure there's plenty of other factors involved). last couple of albums were a definite improvement over that, but i don't envision them ever topping the '96-'02 era.
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Close to a World Below with Here in After a close second.
- M.Bison
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2320
- Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
- Location: Scumbria
Re: -IMMOLATION-
I love the title track of CTAWB, but Failures has something special in it's overall sound/production and ofcourse No Jesus, No Beast and the title track are favourite's of mine.


- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: -IMMOLATION-
i used to think so as well, back around the time it was new, but UC seriously grew on me over the years. if you haven't given it a listen lately i'd suggest revisiting it.
- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: -IMMOLATION-
bring them down
but otherwise I thought unholy cult was kinda subpar for an immolation record
but otherwise I thought unholy cult was kinda subpar for an immolation record
- RitesOfPossession
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 526
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
- Location: UK
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Here In After closely followed by Failures For Gods.
Immolation are one of the most consistent death metal bands I know of so this is a hard one for me. I do think Dawn of Possession is pretty overrated though.
Immolation are one of the most consistent death metal bands I know of so this is a hard one for me. I do think Dawn of Possession is pretty overrated though.
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: -IMMOLATION-
What? I didn't know that Dawn Of Possession got THAT much praise. I think it's a really good album.
Spinning Here in After as we speak.
Spinning Here in After as we speak.
- RitesOfPossession
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 526
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
- Location: UK
Re: -IMMOLATION-
[quote name="Anjel"]What? I didn't know that Dawn Of Possession got THAT much praise. I think it's a really good album.
Spinning Here in After as we speak.
[/quote]
Maybe overrated was a strong word on my part but some people completely worship Dawn of Possession and, in my opinion, the step up in quality between that album and Here In After is so big that most of that praise is undeserved.
Spinning Here in After as we speak.
Maybe overrated was a strong word on my part but some people completely worship Dawn of Possession and, in my opinion, the step up in quality between that album and Here In After is so big that most of that praise is undeserved.
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Dawn of possession has that great oldschool sound that wins for it.
My vote went to Close to a world below since it's quite catchy and has imo a nice eerie atmosphere.
I don't like the production of Failures for gods though.
When they swapped drummers -I recall Harnessing ruin- they declined a bit to me, but got better afterwards and I'm intersted haw far they will take it qualitywise after the great Majesty and decay album.
My vote went to Close to a world below since it's quite catchy and has imo a nice eerie atmosphere.
I don't like the production of Failures for gods though.
When they swapped drummers -I recall Harnessing ruin- they declined a bit to me, but got better afterwards and I'm intersted haw far they will take it qualitywise after the great Majesty and decay album.
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: -IMMOLATION-
i wonder whatever happened to eston
and the rest of the new york/new rochelle ladies for that matter
and the rest of the new york/new rochelle ladies for that matter
- TamPron
- Metal God
- Posts: 16582
- Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
- Location: Rod Stewart
- Contact:
- Meat Engine
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4451
- Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
- Contact:
Re: -IMMOLATION-
[quote name="hard-on bearer Incognito"]i've never been able to settle on a favorite for this band. between here in after, failures, close to a world below, and (to a slightly lesser extent) unholy cult, there's just too much incredible material for me to make a definitive judgment. the quality kinda tapered off after that i think, with harnessing ruin being the low point in their career (i usually blame hernandez' departure for this, although i'm sure there's plenty of other factors involved). last couple of albums were a definite improvement over that, but i don't envision them ever topping the '96-'02 era.[/quote]
I was skeptical of Steve Shalaty, but he has shown himself to be a very capable replacement. I just think the songwriting is tired. The overall sound quality since Unholy Cult has declined, too. There's something sterile about it.
I was skeptical of Steve Shalaty, but he has shown himself to be a very capable replacement. I just think the songwriting is tired. The overall sound quality since Unholy Cult has declined, too. There's something sterile about it.
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: -IMMOLATION-
sadly i don't think he's active anymore. or if he is, he's kept a low profile. it is a damn shame, that dude is phenomenal.
- Santyago
- Member
- Posts: 203
- Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 07:58
Re: -IMMOLATION-
I like very much Close to a World Below, being next the Here in After. Immolation makes great music, an unique death metal sound that involves a dark atmosphere that I appreciate very much.
Their last album Majesty and Decay is also a great album, one of the best of 2010
Their last album Majesty and Decay is also a great album, one of the best of 2010
- xpocalypse
- Member
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 03:44
- Location: Poland
Re: -IMMOLATION-
i like to sleep to Harnessing and Shadows :tvrkey:
http://www.lastfm.pl/user/TorturePainKill
"Kill. Kill them all. Pigs written in blood on the walls..."
"Kill. Kill them all. Pigs written in blood on the walls..."
- RitesOfPossession
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 526
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
- Location: UK
Re: -IMMOLATION-
[quote name="xpocalypse"]i like to sleep to Harnessing and Shadows :tvrkey:[/quote]
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: -IMMOLATION-
:Close to a World Below" is the only one I haven't heard.
I'll need to check it out
I'll need to check it out
- TamPron
- Metal God
- Posts: 16582
- Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
- Location: Rod Stewart
- Contact:
Re: -IMMOLATION-
[quote name="FUKKET"]:Close to a World Below" is the only one I haven't heard.
I'll need to check it out[/quote]

I'll need to check it out[/quote]
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]


- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: -IMMOLATION-
Every album has a quality of it's own. I love Dawn of Possession.
[youtube]0CI0eAfYZmQ[/youtube]
[youtube]0CI0eAfYZmQ[/youtube]
- RitesOfPossession
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 526
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
- Location: UK
Re: -IMMOLATION-
[quote name="Maze"]Every album has a quality of it's own. I love Dawn of Possession.
[youtube]0CI0eAfYZmQ[/youtube][/quote]
Immolation are amazing live. Bob Vigna is crazy - he moves around so much whilst playing, I'm not sure how he does it.
[youtube]0CI0eAfYZmQ[/youtube][/quote]
Immolation are amazing live. Bob Vigna is crazy - he moves around so much whilst playing, I'm not sure how he does it.
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: -IMMOLATION-
[quote name="Skintoxication"]*does figure 8's with head of guitar*[/quote]

the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: -IMMOLATION-
bob is one goofy looking splendid mate of mine onstage. highly entertaining to watch 
- Teresa
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1172
- Joined: 21 Apr 2009, 13:51
Re: -IMMOLATION-
I agree with "Unholy Cult."
and yeah, Rob is pretty funny. It looks like he's choppin' wood or somethin. That's cool, though, whatever.
and yeah, Rob is pretty funny. It looks like he's choppin' wood or somethin. That's cool, though, whatever.
why you wanna trip on me