marilyn manson
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
marilyn manson
I was never a huge fan and the hard-on bearer is obviously a freak, but I always thought they were a pretty solid hard rock / industrial-esque band, perhaps underrated these days even though they used to be huge. I remember jamming some Portrait of an American Family, Antichrist Superstar and to a lesser extent Mechanical Animals back in the day (kind of stopped listening after that time period). I also grew up in the area and time where they basically made a name for themselves (South Florida) so it was kind of hard not to get caught up in this shit back in the day.
(for some reason the sound quality on these videos kind of sucks)
[youtube]Mq1sHDwpgqo[/youtube]
[youtube]phjXoYqYE2U[/youtube]
[youtube]m6VojYGrnpg[/youtube]
[youtube]MmfQ7gSaJgM[/youtube]
[youtube]Rthl_O4_G2o[/youtube]
[youtube]NPQD7KxutcM[/youtube]
[youtube]Ypkv0HeUvTc[/youtube]
[youtube]THNEolxBmso[/youtube]
[youtube]QQPJYnr48yU[/youtube]
(for some reason the sound quality on these videos kind of sucks)
[youtube]Mq1sHDwpgqo[/youtube]
[youtube]phjXoYqYE2U[/youtube]
[youtube]m6VojYGrnpg[/youtube]
[youtube]MmfQ7gSaJgM[/youtube]
[youtube]Rthl_O4_G2o[/youtube]
[youtube]NPQD7KxutcM[/youtube]
[youtube]Ypkv0HeUvTc[/youtube]
[youtube]THNEolxBmso[/youtube]
[youtube]QQPJYnr48yU[/youtube]
- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: marilyn manson
*posts before the OMG MALLCORE NOT TR00 METAL!!!!!1111 comments*
A few Manson tunes are still on my everyday playlist.
A few Manson tunes are still on my everyday playlist.
- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: marilyn manson
meh, I don't give a shit. it was a transition period for me. I didn't really start listening to metal until the late 90's anyways.
- baron von blondle
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3660
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 02:24
- Location: In Trouble
- Contact:
Re: marilyn manson
time and a place...I loved some tracks. couldn't care less nowadays tho

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]Peter Theobalds is a full of win.[/quote]
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: marilyn manson
I got into MM during the normal teen-angst years and I loved some of his music, some of it still rocks. As I got older though looking back I feel like he was always trying too hard. Portrait is probably the best album followed by Antichrist Superstar.
[youtube]h0YECbEz6ws[/youtube]
[youtube]2Db6UYdkOw8[/youtube]
[youtube]h0YECbEz6ws[/youtube]
[youtube]2Db6UYdkOw8[/youtube]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: marilyn manson
I've always liked Manson. I'm not a fan boy or anything, but I still enjoy all of his stuff up through Holywood. That was his last album worth a shit and that was 11 years ago.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: marilyn manson
portrait and antichrist are awesome
nostalgic albums for me
nostalgic albums for me
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: marilyn manson
[youtube]ZB6DfWZJpuE[/youtube]
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: marilyn manson
[quote name="baron von blondle"]time and a place...I loved some tracks. couldn't care less nowadays tho[/quote]
yeah pretty much. it was all rather exciting when i was a sheltered 5th grader, but i outgrew it within the span of a couple years.
yeah pretty much. it was all rather exciting when i was a sheltered 5th grader, but i outgrew it within the span of a couple years.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: marilyn manson
does manson really suck twiggys dick or visa versa on one of his early home videos?
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: marilyn manson
[quote name="rhino"]does manson really suck twiggys dick or visa versa on one of his early home videos?[/quote]
Twiggy on Manson, but yeah.
[quote name="Junkyard God"]I've always liked Manson. I'm not a fan boy or anything, but I still enjoy all of his stuff up through Holywood. That was his last album worth a shit and that was 11 years ago.[/quote]
This, except I've found enjoyment in some songs from the last two albums Eat Me Drink Me and The High End of Low. Golden Age of the Grotesque had a song on it I dig, but nothing special. The band just isn't what it was and he isn't what he was anymore.
Twiggy on Manson, but yeah.
[quote name="Junkyard God"]I've always liked Manson. I'm not a fan boy or anything, but I still enjoy all of his stuff up through Holywood. That was his last album worth a shit and that was 11 years ago.[/quote]
This, except I've found enjoyment in some songs from the last two albums Eat Me Drink Me and The High End of Low. Golden Age of the Grotesque had a song on it I dig, but nothing special. The band just isn't what it was and he isn't what he was anymore.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: marilyn manson
[youtube]m6VojYGrnpg[/youtube]
