New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by Mesarthim »

New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012 - July 30, 2011

<!-- m -->http://www.seattleweekly.com/2011-07-27 ... h-of-gray/<!-- m -->

Guitarist Kim Thayil of reunited grunge legends SOUNDGARDEN spoke to Hannah Levin of SeattleWeekly.com about the progress of the band's new CD, its first since 1996's "Down On The Upside" and since reuniting last year.



When asked what the timeline on the new record is, Thayil replied, "There's no timeline, except that our target — roughly — is early 2012. We are focused on this tour and these shows and we have a few dates in October, but in the interim, we'll do some studio work. We have a few more guitars to do and some vocals. And some of the songs are still being arranged. We want to make sure it's absolutely the most satisfying for us, and put the best foot forward that we can put. I would assume our fans will also get into it then."



Regarding whether SOUNDGARDEN's approach to writing together has changed, Thayil said, "It's actually not much different, because we really didn't have a set way we wrote in the past. The only thing that might have been consistent is a band member being a complete author — meaning words and music — which Chris [Cornell, vocals/guitar] did a lot of. But even if Chris writes a complete song, or Ben [Shepherd, bass] writes a complete song . . . sometimes we wrote a song as a jam. All the different combinations were always there; there was never a set thing like 'Jagger/Richards,' you know?"



On the topic of why SOUNDGARDEN chose to get back together, Thayil said, "I have nooooo idea. I ask myself that question. I think it's one of those things that just fell back into our laps. We initially were attending to shared properties, both financial and legal, and from mainly there we realized there was an absence of online presence in terms of a web site or Facebook . . . we kind of had neglected our merchandise over the last decade. Our catalog had been neglected. I was constantly meeting people who now had junior-high-aged kids who had learned instruments and learned [to play via SOUNDGARDEN]. We agreed to start a web site and have Ten Club handle it — Tim Bierman who handles PEARL JAM's stuff. So it started from that. Then Internet gossip led to promoters inquiring about our status and offering us shows and pretty good billings that we considered. So we got into a room together and jammed and enjoyed each other's company. Eventually we decided to start playing live and to release [greatest-hits and rarities compilation] 'Telephantasm' and the live record ['Live on I-5']. Putting out an unreleased SOUNDGARDEN song was a thrill for us, and we started thinking about going back into the studio again. Every time we got together to rehearse, it was good."
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by rhino »

:high hopes:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by droidspawn »

new aic and soundgarden early 2012 :thingy:
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by rhino »

aic in the studio?
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by droidspawn »

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12363&p=19798 ... p197980</a><!-- l -->
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by Abzu »

B&B, AIC, Soundgarden... the gloryhole era are returning! :gay:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="Skinoperable"]not really expecting anything spectacular, but a listen shall be given when it leaks.[/quote]
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

[quote name="rhino"]aic in the studio?[/quote]



It'll suck just like the last one
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by droidspawn »

if you were any more wrong the universe just might explode
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="only pieces remain"]if you were any more wrong the universe just might explode[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
neckred
Ancient One
Posts: 3659
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 10:43
Location: King George

Re: New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by neckred »

[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]not really expecting anything spectacular, but a listen shall be given when it leaks.[/quote][/quote]



I have low hopes, but I'll give it a chance
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by Haunty »

I was googling for a picture of some kind to express my general "MEH" at this turn of events, but this came up instead, and I feel this is so far the best possible outcome:



Image





If for any reason the snail doesn't cut it, this duder is on standby:

Image
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: New SOUNDGARDEN Album Due In Early 2012

Post by droidspawn »

this thread sure has a lot of :necro: up in it
Post Reply