speaking of which, did you ever have a chance to watch either of the new evangelion movies yet? it's basically a remake of the tv series, they're pretty good except for two really awful decisions on the soundtrack in the second one. i definitely recall hating movie shinji an awful lot less than i did tv shinji
kinda want to watch those again now, as the third one is supposed to be out sometime this year i think
I thought of NGE myself too. I watched the remake movies, good adaptation but nothing beats the original IMO. The way they adapted the story to a feature film was quite clever and they added a bit more depth to the characters, but it feels essentially the same. I feel like watching the original series through again in the near future. As a 13-14-year old it was some life-changing shit.
The 1st Berserk movie comes out next month.
and to stay on topic I haven't heard the new Behemoth, downloading now though I'm not expecting to be blown away really.