new death metal
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
new death metal
A fellating lover said to me recently that there is no more good death metal. I immediately said he was wrong but then found myself unable to cite any relatively new bands other than The Senseless that aren't run of the mill rabble. Help me, MABB! Is he correct?
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: new death metal
ulcerate?
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Paste Human
- Metal God
- Posts: 6176
- Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
- Location: The American Sector
Re: new death metal
Do you mean bands that keep breaking new ground regardless of how long they've been around, or bands that release quality material but happen to be new to the scene?

- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: new death metal
New innovative deathmetal:
Techdeath:
Origin - Entity
Beyond Creation - The aura
Gorod - Process of a new decline / Leading vision / /Neurotripsicks / Perfect Absolution
Fleshgod Apocalypse - Oracles / Agony
Azure Emote - Chronicles of an aging mammal
Cephalic Carnage - Anomalies / Xenosapien / Misled by certainty
Spawn of Possession - Noctambulant
Gorguts - Obscura / From wisdom to hate + upcoming album
Ulcerate - The Destroyers of all
Illogicist - The unconsciousness of Living
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss
Gigan - The order of the false eye / Quasi-Hallucinogenic Sonic Landscapes
Brain Drill - Apocalyptic feasting / Quantum catastrophe
The Faceless - Planetary duality
Dim Mak - The emergence of repatilian altars
Fallujah - The harvest wombs
Mitochondrion - Parasignosis
Portal - Swarth
'Conservative' new great deathmetal:
Black Breath - Sentenced to life
Karnak - Dismemberment
Benighted - Asylum cave
Misery Index - Heirs to thievery
Dying Fetus - Reign supreme
Hour of Penance - Vile conception / Sedition
Immolation - Majesty and decay
Vallenfyre - A fragile king
Entrails - The tomb awaits
Cretin - Freakery
Tribulation - The horror
Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst the Ashes
Upcoming: Cryptopsy
and Tristwood!
[youtube]63SCmlNkrqo[/youtube]
Techdeath:
Origin - Entity
Beyond Creation - The aura
Gorod - Process of a new decline / Leading vision / /Neurotripsicks / Perfect Absolution
Fleshgod Apocalypse - Oracles / Agony
Azure Emote - Chronicles of an aging mammal
Cephalic Carnage - Anomalies / Xenosapien / Misled by certainty
Spawn of Possession - Noctambulant
Gorguts - Obscura / From wisdom to hate + upcoming album
Ulcerate - The Destroyers of all
Illogicist - The unconsciousness of Living
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss
Gigan - The order of the false eye / Quasi-Hallucinogenic Sonic Landscapes
Brain Drill - Apocalyptic feasting / Quantum catastrophe
The Faceless - Planetary duality
Dim Mak - The emergence of repatilian altars
Fallujah - The harvest wombs
Mitochondrion - Parasignosis
Portal - Swarth
'Conservative' new great deathmetal:
Black Breath - Sentenced to life
Karnak - Dismemberment
Benighted - Asylum cave
Misery Index - Heirs to thievery
Dying Fetus - Reign supreme
Hour of Penance - Vile conception / Sedition
Immolation - Majesty and decay
Vallenfyre - A fragile king
Entrails - The tomb awaits
Cretin - Freakery
Tribulation - The horror
Hate Eternal - Phoenix Amongst the Ashes
Upcoming: Cryptopsy
and Tristwood!
[youtube]63SCmlNkrqo[/youtube]
- cire
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 22:27
- Location: upstate NY
- Contact:
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: new death metal
[youtube]u8tc55XBPxU[/youtube]
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: new death metal
can't believe i forgot
the new cattle decap fucking slays
[youtube]6mgNLE4GHvk[/youtube]
[youtube]oWeTeFn0LhM[/youtube]
the new cattle decap fucking slays
[youtube]6mgNLE4GHvk[/youtube]
[youtube]oWeTeFn0LhM[/youtube]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- biospazz
- Neophyte
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 02:56
Re: new death metal
[quote name="Abzu"]A fellating lover said to me recently that there is no more good death metal. I immediately said he was wrong but then found myself unable to cite any relatively new bands other than The Senseless that aren't run of the mill rabble. Help me, MABB! Is he correct?[/quote]
Assuming correctly you are referring only to new bands as opposed to new output from relevent veteran bands - Immolation, Napalm Death, Cannibal Corpse - I think your fellating lover is correct. Alfred Murudian put it best when he said this: "Realistically, you can't progress and expand on something that was meant to be a conclusion."
Assuming correctly you are referring only to new bands as opposed to new output from relevent veteran bands - Immolation, Napalm Death, Cannibal Corpse - I think your fellating lover is correct. Alfred Murudian put it best when he said this: "Realistically, you can't progress and expand on something that was meant to be a conclusion."
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: new death metal
your fellating lover is largely correct but there's always gonna be some hidden gems. as others have mentioned: motherfucking ulcerate. the title track on everything is fire is easily one of my favorite moments in death metal from the last 10 years, and the rest of the album is out of control awesome too.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: new death metal
[quote name="Mutilator"]New innovative deathmetal:
Techdeath:
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss[/quote]
now, this is just a silly thing
Techdeath:
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss[/quote]
now, this is just a silly thing
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: new death metal
[quote name="it the dusto"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]New innovative deathmetal:
Techdeath:
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss[/quote]
now, this is just a silly thing[/quote]
i gave this a good
[quote name="Mutilator"]New innovative deathmetal:
Techdeath:
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss[/quote]
now, this is just a silly thing[/quote]
i gave this a good
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: new death metal
[quote name="Dudley"]your fellating lover is largely correct but there's always gonna be some hidden gems. as others have mentioned: motherfucking ulcerate. the title track on everything is fire is easily one of my favorite moments in death metal from the last 10 years, and the rest of the album is out of control awesome too.[/quote]
Ulcerate is a band I have not explored, but I recall zim raving about the new one a bit ago. I just jammed a couple songs from it on YouTube and now I know what I'll be listening to as summer transitions to autumn. Late summer inferno musics
I will spread Ulcerate to my fellating lover.
Ulcerate is a band I have not explored, but I recall zim raving about the new one a bit ago. I just jammed a couple songs from it on YouTube and now I know what I'll be listening to as summer transitions to autumn. Late summer inferno musics
I will spread Ulcerate to my fellating lover.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: new death metal
[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="it the dusto"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]New innovative deathmetal:
Techdeath:
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss[/quote]
now, this is just a silly thing[/quote]
i gave this a good
[/quote]
I skimmed over that post without paying attention. It appears I missed some quality comedy.
[quote name="it the dusto"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]New innovative deathmetal:
Techdeath:
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss[/quote]
now, this is just a silly thing[/quote]
i gave this a good
I skimmed over that post without paying attention. It appears I missed some quality comedy.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: new death metal
every now and again someone writing a review will call meshuggah death metal and you know the hard-on bearer does it because he doesnt know what else to say
- Bathsalt Zombie
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2644
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
- Location: The birthplace of death metal
- Contact:
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: new death metal
[quote name="it the dusto"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]New innovative deathmetal:
Techdeath:
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss[/quote]
now, this is just a silly thing[/quote]
Ok, this might've been a bit of a stretch, but then tell me in which catagory this band belongs? You can't possibly mean djent, do you?
[quote name="Mutilator"]New innovative deathmetal:
Techdeath:
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss[/quote]
now, this is just a silly thing[/quote]
Ok, this might've been a bit of a stretch, but then tell me in which catagory this band belongs? You can't possibly mean djent, do you?
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- Verbal
- The Melancholy Wizards
- Posts: 25209
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05
Re: new death metal
at the end of the day theyre all just adjectives
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: new death metal
[quote name="Mutilator"]
[quote name="it the dusto"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]New innovative deathmetal:
Techdeath:
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss[/quote]
now, this is just a silly thing[/quote]
Ok, this might've been a bit of a stretch, but then tell me in which catagory this band belongs? You can't possibly mean chugcore, do you?[/quote]
They're in the Shit I Don't Bother With category.
[quote name="it the dusto"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]New innovative deathmetal:
Techdeath:
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss[/quote]
now, this is just a silly thing[/quote]
Ok, this might've been a bit of a stretch, but then tell me in which catagory this band belongs? You can't possibly mean chugcore, do you?[/quote]
They're in the Shit I Don't Bother With category.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: new death metal
[quote name="Abzu"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]
[quote name="it the dusto"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]New innovative deathmetal:
Techdeath:
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss[/quote]
now, this is just a silly thing[/quote]
Ok, this might've been a bit of a stretch, but then tell me in which catagory this band belongs? You can't possibly mean chugcore, do you?[/quote]
They're in the Shit I Don't Bother With category.[/quote]
Then bother with the other bands mentioned, instead of tripping over 1.
[quote name="Mutilator"]
[quote name="it the dusto"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]New innovative deathmetal:
Techdeath:
Meshuggah - Obzen / Koloss[/quote]
now, this is just a silly thing[/quote]
Ok, this might've been a bit of a stretch, but then tell me in which catagory this band belongs? You can't possibly mean chugcore, do you?[/quote]
They're in the Shit I Don't Bother With category.[/quote]
Then bother with the other bands mentioned, instead of tripping over 1.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: new death metal

;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- SCUNT
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3102
- Joined: 21 Aug 2011, 07:26
Re: new death metal
now that's not the correct picture for that statement
[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]
[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]you keep your quiznosy scunt away from my taintbag[/quote]
upon further review this has got to be one of the most baffling things ever said on the mabb[/quote]


[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]you keep your quiznosy scunt away from my taintbag[/quote]
upon further review this has got to be one of the most baffling things ever said on the mabb[/quote]


- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: new death metal
mehshuggah are considered "djent".
I know, i know! I realize it's retarded and thought so too - until I realized that there are a shit load of other bands that fit said style out there and mehshuggah were one of the pioneers. I don't know who invented the damn term but hey, if it keeps mehshuggah away from shit that I bother with then good for them.
I know, i know! I realize it's retarded and thought so too - until I realized that there are a shit load of other bands that fit said style out there and mehshuggah were one of the pioneers. I don't know who invented the damn term but hey, if it keeps mehshuggah away from shit that I bother with then good for them.
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: new death metal
To each his own. I like both styles.
I forgot to mention that the new The Faceless - Autotheism will probably also be another great new deathmetal release.
I forgot to mention that the new The Faceless - Autotheism will probably also be another great new deathmetal release.
- SCUNT
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3102
- Joined: 21 Aug 2011, 07:26
Re: new death metal
Defeated Sanity are good newer death metal i guess
[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]
[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]you keep your quiznosy scunt away from my taintbag[/quote]
upon further review this has got to be one of the most baffling things ever said on the mabb[/quote]


[quote name="shittin bricks on hoes. shittin it up all good like"]you keep your quiznosy scunt away from my taintbag[/quote]
upon further review this has got to be one of the most baffling things ever said on the mabb[/quote]


- Mesarthim
- Lhümbergø
- Posts: 21723
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
- Location: Birdtown, Minnesota
Re: new death metal
[quote name="SCUNT"]Defeated Sanity are good newer death metal i guess[/quote]
they need to put out a new album and tour the states asap.
very few death metal bands get my attention these days....
they need to put out a new album and tour the states asap.
very few death metal bands get my attention these days....
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: new death metal
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9922&hilit=ne ... ew+osdm</a><!-- l -->
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
- beandorkio
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 735
- Joined: 22 Apr 2009, 12:35
Re: new death metal
[quote name="Abzu"]found myself unable to cite any relatively new bands other than The Senseless that aren't run of the mill rabble[/quote]
You are correct. Death Metal is now The Senseless, and everyone else is begging for scraps
I've now heard enough people talking up Ulcerate, I'm going to have to finally go give them a listen
You are correct. Death Metal is now The Senseless, and everyone else is begging for scraps
I've now heard enough people talking up Ulcerate, I'm going to have to finally go give them a listen
[quote name="it the dusto"]Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks[/quote]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]People is fucking crazy[/quote]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]People is fucking crazy[/quote]
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: new death metal
chimaira are carrying the new death metal torch!
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: new death metal
[quote name="beandorkio"]Death Metal is now The Senseless, and everyone else is begging for scraps
[/quote]
When you press physical CDs, this should be the tag line on a sticker on the packaging.
When you press physical CDs, this should be the tag line on a sticker on the packaging.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: new death metal
[quote name="rhino"]chimaira are carrying the new death metal torch![/quote]
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: new death metal
[quote name="Skinoperable"]the fact that no one has mentioned mithras yet is both
and
[/quote]
I don't count them as new. Should I?
I don't count them as new. Should I?
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: new death metal
not really no
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: new death metal
I didn't think so. The first demo, according to Metal Archives, was out 12 years ago.
Otherwise, I would have included Mithras, because that shit is fucking
:::::::;;;;;;;;;
Otherwise, I would have included Mithras, because that shit is fucking
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: new death metal
Vorum and Morbus Chron are the two new death metal bands ive been listening consistently 
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
- M.Bison
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2320
- Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
- Location: Scumbria
- Phantoon
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1145
- Joined: 23 May 2011, 01:47
Re: new death metal
I like how they look like your average duder you see in a pub after a days work at the building site or something

- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: new death metal
[quote name="So Callous"]I like how they look like your average duder you see in a pub after a days work at the building site or something
[/quote]
The three duders look identical!
The three duders look identical!

-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: new death metal
[quote name="Mutilator"]Conservative' new great deathmetal:
Black Breath - Sentenced to life [/quote]

Black Breath - Sentenced to life [/quote]


