FNM's Angel Dust

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

FNM's Angel Dust

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

What do you folks think about this record?

I remember buying it when it came out and only liked a few songs but I picked it up again as a re-issue and can't seem to get enough of these songs. The me now vs the me I was thinks this is probably their best work along with Real Thing.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Re: FNM's Angel Dust

Post by droidspawn »

This used to be my favorite FNM but it feels like I listen to King for a Day more these days.
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

an all-time classic, not a wasted moment on that disc. kinda with jorsh though, it was my favorite hands down for a long time but now that honor tends to bounce around

haven't listened to it in many years, i'm gonna remedy that right now
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Been listening to angel dust since i got the cassette when it came out, always been a favorite but king for a day takes the lead

Not to change the subject but does anybody listen to mosley era fnm? Been getting into we care a lot and introduce yourself more and more through the recent years. I used to hate chucks vocals
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

It seems I need to listen to King again.
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

And introduce yourself!
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

i remember watching the doc below and it seemed like jim martin wasn't having a great time, i don't think he even liked the album title

at 1:03:00 jim says "they don't leave too much room for me so i gotta try and fit in somewhere", that always made me sad
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1

Post by droidspawn »

Get Jim back guys!
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

He played a lot of good riffs on dust. I'm still confused to why they fired him. The only thing that comes to mind is that he was good friends with Cliff Burton. Maybe it had something to do with his feelings of being left out and he couldn't deal with the situation.

I need to watch that video though. Looks interesting.
zim
Zim(a)

Post by zim »

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 07:43
He played a lot of good riffs on dust. I'm still confused to why they fired him. The only thing that comes to mind is that he was good friends with Cliff Burton. Maybe it had something to do with his feelings of being left out and he couldn't deal with the situation.

I need to with that video though. Looks interesting.
there's a timestamp for jim's interview in the description, he definitely sounds like he's not into it
rhino
PAWG Hunter

Post by rhino »

Jim martins last show. Fucking hell of a show
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius

Post by jawn galliano »

Dr. Gonzo wrote:

this sheds a bit of light on his whole deal during the angel dust era, decent read https://www.guitarworld.com/news/former ... -questions
Ninny
Metal God

Post by Ninny »

All-time classic it is :idea: King for a day comes close but Angel dust has a little extra something :xx:
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

jawn galliano wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 08:20
Dr. Gonzo wrote:

this sheds a bit of light on his whole deal during the angel dust era, decent read https://www.guitarworld.com/news/former ... -questions
Yeah, that's a good read. I read somewhere on the net, it may not be true but, after he left FNM Jim became a pretty good pumpkin chunker.
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Dr. Gonzo wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 21:25
jawn galliano wrote:
20 Jun 2021, 08:20
Dr. Gonzo wrote:

Yeah, that's a good read. I read somewhere on the net, it may not be true but, after he left FNM Jim became a pretty good pumpkin chunker.
https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/forme ... -pumpkins/
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

:benton:
Dr. Gonzo
Metal God

Post by Dr. Gonzo »