Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Mesarthim »

Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA - July 7, 2011

Bassist Jeroen Paul Thesseling has left German progressive death metallers OBSCURA. In a statement released to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Jeroen explained, "Due to repetitive conflicting schedules with job related obligations I have decided to depart OBSCURA. Beside the limited availability that kept me away from touring during the last months, I feel like taking new directions in my musical development.



"Looking back, the cooperation with OBSCURA has been positive and successful. However, it's time to move on and find new challenges and opportunities for my musical career.



"I would like to thank all the fans who supported us and wish OBSCURA all the best with their future work."



In other news, German bass manufacturer Warwick recently released a brand new seven-string fretless custom shop model for Jeroen.



Due to the ultra-low tuning that was used for the recordings of PESTILENCE's "Doctrine" album, Jeroen wanted to work with a low F-sharp string. Right after the studio sessions, Hans Peter Wilfer, founder and managing director of Warwick, decided to support Thesseling by producing a fretless seven-string version of their famous classic Thumb NT series.



Thesseling, known for his signature fretless playing in progressive death metal, joined OBSCURA in 2007 and recorded the band's full-length albums "Cosmogenesis" (2009) and "Omnivium" (2011), both released via Relapse Records. In 2009 Jeroen rejoined the Dutch death metallers PESTILENCE after a 15-year hiatus. He recorded PESTILENCE's fourth and sixth studio albums, "Spheres" (1993) and "Doctrine" (2011).
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
PrismAndGate
Member
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 03:35
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by PrismAndGate »

Damnit, a week before I see them too. Really enjoyed this hard-on bearer's playing in Obscura.
Image
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Oh well
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by LAVAGOD »

didnt he leave for pestilence? he is the original bassist or them anyway
LAVA!!!
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by droidspawn »

meh
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by rhino »

heh
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Mutilator »

I saw him perfork on his 7-string last Friday with Pestilence in Doornroosje Nijmegen and it was great!! Furious basswork!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:



Beforehand I spoke with him but he couldn't shake a hand because he was drying up superglue on his fingertips :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Devy »

[quote name="PrismAndGate"]Damnit, a week before I see them too. Really enjoyed this hard-on bearer's playing in Obscura.[/quote]



He hasn't been playing with them since at least late April.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by LAVAGOD »

Superglue, Would that help at all in the fretting hand?? I can get where a bass player would use it but would a guitarist?
LAVA!!!
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by rhino »

did he have a powerball
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Devy »

Image
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
PrismAndGate
Member
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 03:35
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by PrismAndGate »

[quote name="Devy"]
[quote name="PrismAndGate"]Damnit, a week before I see them too. Really enjoyed this hard-on bearer's playing in Obscura.[/quote]



He hasn't been playing with them since at least late April.[/quote] Ah, i was unaware. Would still have liked to see him play.
Image
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Devy »

I saw him live with them once and was very much looking forward to seeing him again. But at that show in April, they had some other hard-on bearer. I didn't recognise him so I can't say if he's a likely replacement or just a stand-in.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Meat Engine
Ancient One
Posts: 4451
Joined: 02 Feb 2010, 02:55
Contact:

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Meat Engine »

There goes my interest in that band. :santa:
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Devy"]Image[/quote]



:perfork:
Image
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Mutilator »

[quote name="LAVAGOD"]Superglue, Would that help at all in the fretting hand?? I can get where a bass player would use it but would a guitarist?[/quote]



Not his fretting hand...the other one. He said because his fingers were still painfully damaged from the last time playing.
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by LAVAGOD »

Studio footage from the new suicide silence album shows one if the guitarist having a cut on his hand and superglues it. I just love getting it on my hands and then peeling it off :idea:
LAVA!!!
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by zim »

[quote name="LAVAGOD"]Studio footage from the new suicide silence album shows one if the guitarist having a cut on his hand and superglues it. I just love getting it on my hands and then peeling it off :idea:[/quote]



you have no idea how fucking dangerous it is playing 1 note your entire career
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Mesarthim »

:lol:
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="LAVAGOD"]Studio footage from the new suicide silence album shows one if the guitarist having a cut on his hand and superglues it. I just love getting it on my hands and then peeling it off :idea:[/quote]



you have no idea how fucking dangerous it is playing 1 note your entire career[/quote]



sigged.
Image
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by LAVAGOD »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="LAVAGOD"]Studio footage from the new suicide silence album shows one if the guitarist having a cut on his hand and superglues it. I just love getting it on my hands and then peeling it off :idea:[/quote]



you have no idea how fucking dangerous it is playing 1 note your entire career[/quote]

how dangerous it is playing guitar? ive played for 10 years and the only time i got a cut has been if i changed a string or a string has snapped so saying its so fucking dangerous is false.
LAVA!!!
User avatar
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness
Posts: 592
Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

[quote name="Mutilator"]
[quote name="LAVAGOD"]Superglue, Would that help at all in the fretting hand?? I can get where a bass player would use it but would a guitarist?[/quote]



Not his fretting hand...the other one. He said because his fingers were still painfully damaged from the last time playing.[/quote]



wouldn't surprise me, jpt does some ridiculous basswork. I know digiorgio filled in for a mini-tour for him (maybe the recent japan tour? I don't remember)
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by LAVAGOD »

Digorgio :xx:
LAVA!!!
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Haunty »

See there's a question: Thesseling or Digiorgio?
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by jawn galliano »

nice, maybe now they'll break up
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

when i think obscura i dont think of this crap i think of Image
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by jawn galliano »

they chose the name 'cuz they figured maybe people would give it a chance because, hey, obscura was a great album, so it must be a great band too! but it is not a great band too. it is a terrible one that doesn't need to exist
User avatar
M.Bison
Ancient One
Posts: 2320
Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
Location: Scumbria

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by M.Bison »

[quote name="LAVAGOD"]
[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="LAVAGOD"]Studio footage from the new suicide silence album shows one if the guitarist having a cut on his hand and superglues it. I just love getting it on my hands and then peeling it off :idea:[/quote]



you have no idea how fucking dangerous it is playing 1 note your entire career[/quote]

how dangerous it is playing guitar? ive played for 10 years and the only time i got a cut has been if i changed a string or a string has snapped so saying its so fucking dangerous is false.[/quote]

...you missed the point entirely :oldryan:
Image
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by LAVAGOD »

then whats the point
LAVA!!!
User avatar
PrismAndGate
Member
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 03:35
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by PrismAndGate »

Suicide Silence blows
Image
User avatar
LAVAGOD
God of Emptiness
Posts: 642
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
Location: the official city of the chicago cubs

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by LAVAGOD »

hahahaha that was the point?!?! we all knew that to begin with! :piss2: DEATHCORE :piss1:
LAVA!!!
User avatar
PrismAndGate
Member
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 03:35
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by PrismAndGate »

:piss2: :piss1: :piss2: :piss1:
Image
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Bassist JEROEN PAUL THESSELING Quits OBSCURA

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

clean up this mess :waa:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Post Reply